Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Juno---------> April 15th, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-08, 04:43 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
this is the first time i bought the single disc edition of a movie i really liked, eventhough the 2-disc had great packaging and i am a sucker for that. the first time...and you know what for $13.49 (-$5.00 with "Lars" at BB) i feel damn good about it!!
Old 04-15-08, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1598
this is the first time i bought the single disc edition of a movie i really liked, eventhough the 2-disc had great packaging and i am a sucker for that. the first time...and you know what for $13.49 (-$5.00 with "Lars" at BB) i feel damn good about it!!
I think I would've been in the same boat as you had Target not included the script with the two-disc edition.
Old 04-15-08, 05:28 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Originally Posted by kstublen
I think I would've been in the same boat as you had Target not included the script with the two-disc edition.
you know i was going to get that, but then i realized i really don't care about that. i don't have time to read it and it would just sit around like another useless extra that i have gotten many times before.

but, now that i re-read the review here i am a little unnerved that the 2-disc does have some small featurettes exclusive to it. that i would have bitten on had i read the right review the first time. oh well.
Old 04-15-08, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really don't get why these studios are releasing "Digital Copies" with their movies. I mean I do; it makes sense to try and prevent people from learning how to rip and convert movies to play on their portable devices. But on the other hand, I wonder if they ever thought that by lowering prices they would sell more and then it wouldn't matter if people ripped 'em to their computers because they'd be making all the money back in the first place.
Old 04-15-08, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up the 2-disc for $16.95 with no tax and free shipping from CH.com. I'm sure I won't watch the featurettes on the second disc more than a couple of times, but it's nice to know, for a couple bucks more, that I can if I want to.
Old 04-15-08, 06:36 PM

Has anyone in Canada that bought the 2 disc edition been able to download the digital copy in iTunes? When I try it tells me that it's not available to Canadian customers. I assume it's a mistake because it would be a real F you to Canadians to include the disc but not let us download the movie.

I guess I could copy it the old fashioned way, but my computer's so crappy it will take forever to convert it for my ipod.
Old 04-15-08, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

pen that looks like a pregnancy test is the exclusive for fye, plus both versions have a $10 Mail in rebate (for now)
Old 04-15-08, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by db27
pen that looks like a pregnancy test is the exclusive for fye, plus both versions have a $10 Mail in rebate (for now)
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that pen sold separately as well?
Old 04-15-08, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Kory
I picked up the 2-disc for $16.95 with no tax and free shipping from CH.com. I'm sure I won't watch the featurettes on the second disc more than a couple of times, but it's nice to know, for a couple bucks more, that I can if I want to.
There are no featurettes on the second disc. All the second disc contains is the Digital Copy. The additional featurettes you get with the 2-disc are on Disc 1.
Old 04-15-08, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that pen sold separately as well?
it is possible, but I don't think it has been sold at fye or it's affiliates.
Old 04-15-08, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
There are no featurettes on the second disc. All the second disc contains is the Digital Copy. The additional featurettes you get with the 2-disc are on Disc 1.
Oh, really? So the 2-disc has more content than the 1-disc, but the bonus content is on the first disc? That's really weird. Never heard of that happening before. Odd.
Old 04-16-08, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I really don't get why these studios are releasing "Digital Copies" with their movies.
Because they realize there's a market for people who want to watch films on portable devices, or even a laptop without having to carry a case of DVDs with them. It's better than making people buy the digital copy separately on iTunes or download sketchy programs that have to break the law to make fair-use copies.
Old 04-16-08, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
Because they realize there's a market for people who want to watch films on portable devices, or even a laptop without having to carry a case of DVDs with them. It's better than making people buy the digital copy separately on iTunes or download sketchy programs that have to break the law to make fair-use copies.

Can anyone confirm that the digital copy available on the second disc can be played on an iPod? Thanks.
Old 04-16-08, 08:58 AM

I picked up the 2-disc at Best Buy last night, brought it home, opened the case, and saw that both discs were labeled "Disc Two."

I tried them both just in case, but indeed, they were both digital copy discs.

Back to Best Buy for an exchange tonight. Sigh.

The real lure of buying from BB was actually the 'Buy Juno, Get the I Heart Huckabees 2-Disc SE for $7.49' special. I've never seen this on sale before and haven't ever even seen a used copy for less than $20.
Old 04-16-08, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Oakland
I picked up the 2-disc at Best Buy last night, brought it home, opened the case, and saw that both discs were labeled "Disc Two."

I tried them both just in case, but indeed, they were both digital copy discs.

Back to Best Buy for an exchange tonight. Sigh.
Bummer.

Originally Posted by Oakland
The real lure of buying from BB was actually the 'Buy Juno, Get the I Heart Huckabees 2-Disc SE for $7.49' special. I've never seen this on sale before and haven't ever even seen a used copy for less than $20.
Not quite $7.49, but Amazon is selling the 2-disc SE for $10.49.

http://www.amazon.com/I-Heart-Huckab...dp/B0006TPE4M/

For some, avoiding BB is worth $3.
Old 04-16-08, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by yashan
Can anyone confirm that the digital copy available on the second disc can be played on an iPod? Thanks.
Just tried it to verify and indeed it plays just fine on IPod.
Old 04-16-08, 11:34 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Just an FYI, there are apparently at least 9 different store exclusives for this one, making our choice even more confusing.
Old 04-16-08, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 311 Likes on 213 Posts
can anyone tell me what the resolution is of the digital copy? thanks!
Old 04-16-08, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by yashan
Fox first announced that they were going to be releasing digital copies with DVDs at the big Apple conference at the start of the year. (And even if it's not compatible, transcoding a video file is pretty simple.)
Old 04-16-08, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 327 Likes on 199 Posts
Just saw Hard Candy last night and how I don't want to see Juno anymore, that guy should have totally killed her.
Old 04-16-08, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Just tried it to verify and indeed it plays just fine on IPod.
Awesome. Thanks!
Old 04-16-08, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
Fox first announced that they were going to be releasing digital copies with DVDs at the big Apple conference at the start of the year. (And even if it's not compatible, transcoding a video file is pretty simple.)

Agreed but if I have to transcode their digital version of the movie, I might as well encode my own version from the original with the settings and at the resolution that I prefer.
Old 04-16-08, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Just an FYI, there are apparently at least 9 different store exclusives for this one, making our choice even more confusing.
But none for the Blu-Ray version, which incidentally has more special features than the DVD.
Old 04-16-08, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Geist
But none for the Blu-Ray version, which incidentally has more special features than the DVD.
I know it's not the most honest thing to do... but I just got the 2disc version with the shirt from Circuit City... Opened up the box and inside was the regular 2disc version - just had a sticker over the upc. Took the sticker off and took it to walmart to switch it for the Blu version.
Old 04-16-08, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I've had a shirt now for months from when I went to one of the screenings. Is it the same type of shirt Bleeker has?

Originally Posted by domino harvey
But those features don't have hilarious quotes from the movie in the title. Were they called Thunderbirds Are Go!: Juno World Premiere or No, It's Morgan Freeman: Casting Session, then I'd be so goddamn upset over missing out
It's Thundercats Are Go!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.