Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Saw IV: Unrated or Rated---January 22, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-08, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Julie Walker
Well sometimes there are slight non-gore changes made between the versions. So if someone liked this one moment that was omitted from the UR version. They would have to seek out the R version to see it. And I hear there is one such omission in Saw 4.

So you can't be 100% "UR is better automatically,no questions asked". Just like you can't be "Directors Cut is automatically better". Look at the Saw 3 DC which changes/extends the ending. And most people feel it's the least effective of the three versions of the film.
You're probably right. I just assumed it was a few more seconds of gore here and there. Saw IV is the only one I didn't see in the theater so i haven't even seen it yet. I am actually rewatching Saw III as I type this in preparation of watching it tonight.
Old 01-24-08, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have'nt seen Saw 4 yet either. I could catch a 9pm showing in the doller theater,since tonight is the last night it's playing. But I have other funner plans tonight. And also it'd be cheaper to just rent the film and save gas from not having to drive so far to the theater. And since I don't rent to much. I'll see it,when I see it and am in no hurry to. But this will be the first Saw I didn't see theatrically.

I do think with the prices of the dvds though and not being rich,nor an extreme completist. It's a waste of money for me to buy more than one copy/version of a film(& I only own the first film so far). But in a few select cases. I did find some old horror flicks in R form on VHS for dirt cheap, which is nice to have for comparisions sake. But I wouldn't want to own every film that has an alt version. It takes up to much space, and I'd never watch the other version that much anyway.
Old 01-25-08, 03:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Julie Walker
I do think with the prices of the dvds though and not being rich,nor an extreme completist. It's a waste of money for me to buy more than one copy/version of a film(& I only own the first film so far). But in a few select cases. I did find some old horror flicks in R form on VHS for dirt cheap, which is nice to have for comparisions sake. But I wouldn't want to own every film that has an alt version. It takes up to much space, and I'd never watch the other version that much anyway.
Well, approaches differ. Sometimes you buy several versions because one has DTS, another - more bonus features and maybe if you like a film immensely you buy some CE in a nice package. But sometimes it's just collecting - you buy them all just to buy them all and even don't unseal. Some people derive certain pleasure out of it
Old 01-25-08, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
I bought the DVD from Circuit City on Tuesday and noticed the disc was upside down. Was it suppose to be that way because of the mini Saw insert/Collectible film cell?
Old 01-25-08, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
I bought the DVD from Circuit City on Tuesday and noticed the disc was upside down. Was it suppose to be that way because of the mini Saw insert/Collectible film cell?
It is upside down so it shows thru the front of the cover.
Old 01-25-08, 08:39 AM
crs

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
It is upside down so it shows thru the front of the cover.
It could just as well have been lying the correct way, if they hadn't included any inlay material the disc art would be visible from front of the see-through case. That's how they did it with the previous Saw releases.
Old 01-25-08, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by crs
It could just as well have been lying the correct way, if they hadn't included any inlay material the disc art would be visible from front of the see-through case. That's how they did it with the previous Saw releases.
But here in distinction from previous Saw releases there's an insert with senitype.