DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Saw IV: Unrated or Rated---January 22, 2008 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/518147-saw-iv-unrated-rated-january-22-2008-a.html)

DJariya 11-24-07 04:26 AM

Saw IV: Unrated or Rated---January 22, 2008

The completist in me will definitely pick this up. I like the artwork with Tobin Bell's head. Who wants to bet that by late September there will be a 2-disc version with a free movie ticket for Saw V?

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/saw-iv.html

Rammsteinfan 11-24-07 09:10 AM

Sweet. Now we are getting the Unrated DC now this time, what will September/October bring for the 2 disc version? Hmmm cant wait for that one either. The games have just begun...

Darth Maher 11-24-07 09:21 AM

Just when we've all figured out the DVD release schedule of the Saw movies, they throw the Unrated/Director's Cut at us. Like Ramm said, what will they release in Oct? To buy or not to buy? I'll probably just wait until November '08 to make a decision. The Unrated SAW III is mega-cheap this week.

I still haven't picked up the Director's Cut of SAW III (which isn't so cheap). Is it worth it?

Rockmjd23 11-24-07 09:27 AM

They released Saw 3 Unrated last year in January and then Saw 3 Directors Cut in October. Apparently, unrated and director's cut are different things. I'll be skipping this one for the inevitable 2-disc in October.

islandclaws 11-24-07 09:40 AM

I'm not sure if I'll wait for the 2-disc or not since I didn't really like this one too much. But I am a completeist so, knowing I'll own it, I might just wait entirely until the Oct release.

Darth Maher 11-24-07 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
They released Saw 3 Unrated last year in January and then Saw 3 Directors Cut in October. Apparently, unrated and director's cut are different things. I'll be skipping this one for the inevitable 2-disc in October.

But this one is the Unrated Director's Cut... it's like two versions rolled into one.

What version will come in October?

Tenacious D 11-24-07 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Darth Maher
But this one is the Unrated Director's Cut... it's like two versions rolled into one.

What version will come in October?

Probably something like a 2 Disc Extended Special Edition. :D

fumanstan 11-24-07 10:20 AM

Nice. I'll buy it. Somehow i've managed to buy all the original releases of the Saw movies and held off on all the double dips. I'm sure the trend will continue here.

Darth Maher 11-24-07 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tenacious D
Probably something like a 2 Disc Extended Special Edition. :D

Probably The Ultra-Special Unrated Director's Cut. :D

I'll probably hold off until October. I could use the free SAW V ticket then too. :)

EdTheRipper 11-24-07 05:02 PM

I heard a lot of bad things about this but I'm still looking forward to it.

Rammsteinfan 11-24-07 06:26 PM

I think the series has gotten better and this was a most welcome entry into the series.

GoldenJCJ 11-24-07 07:03 PM

I still haven't gotten around to picking up SAW III: 2 disc that was released last month. I'll probably hold off on this til next oct. The very least we can expect is this same "director's cut" in a 2-disk SE.

If next Oct. rolls around and no worthwhile re-release emerges, I'll just pick this one up.

Hopefully they don't alter that cover art; I really like it. Though something tells me someone will get upset over the disturbing image and demand that it be toned down.

nateman 11-26-07 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Nice. I'll buy it. Somehow i've managed to buy all the original releases of the Saw movies and held off on all the double dips. I'm sure the trend will continue here.

Same here.

I've never double dipped on the Saw films either. I've always just bought the first release and although I have liked all the movies in the franchise thus far, and I think it's gotten better, movie by movie, rather than worse, I just don't have any interest in double dipping on the series.

Also note; I don't go to the theatres anymore and I just wait for the movies I'd like too see hit DVD.

starseed1981 11-26-07 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by nateman241
Same here.

I've never double dipped on the Saw films either. I've always just bought the first release and although I have liked all the movies in the franchise thus far, and I think it's gotten better, movie by movie, rather than worse, I just don't have any interest in double dipping on the series.

Also note; I don't go to the theatres anymore and I just wait for the movies I'd like too see hit DVD.

Ditto.

cerial442 11-26-07 12:34 PM

I enjoyed this one, but will hold off based on past releases.

acubfaninmd 11-26-07 12:52 PM

didnt see this when it was in theaters, will blind buy to have the complete set of saw movies released so far

DJariya 11-26-07 12:55 PM

I wonder if there wil be alternate artwork for a store like Walmart? Can't see them stocking this DVD cover with a decapitated head.

Julie Walker 11-26-07 03:32 PM

Wal-Mart had a much more graphic slip cover for a 1 disc Re-animator recently! It was the artwork used on old Elite laserdisc. With cartoon Herbert holding up Hills bloody severed head with syringe in one hand. I was shocked to see that on display at Wal-mart!

So there may be no issues with this cover,but you never know.

DRG 11-26-07 03:32 PM

I notice the BluRay cover has a table edge at the bottom of the image, sort of obscuring the fact that it's a decapitated head.

TheMovieman 11-26-07 03:37 PM

I've double dipped on all 3 and usually got the 1-disc versions on opening week, but not this time. I can wait until the 2-disc edition comes and get both at the same time (when the 1-disc version will probably be >$10).

delightdvd 11-26-07 05:40 PM

I, too, will hold off for the 2-discs version.

tylergfoster 11-27-07 10:21 PM

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...iv.html?page=2

Someone signed up a new screen name on DVDActive just to bash xage?

Abe. 11-27-07 10:36 PM

Jeez. What's this world coming to?

fumanstan 01-22-08 02:23 PM

Any word on what's special about Target's 2-disc version?

TheMovieman 01-22-08 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Any word on what's special about Target's 2-disc version?

There's nothing special about it... It just includes a copy of "The Ninth Gate". No bonus disc AFAIK.