Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Seinfeld - The Complete Series...questions...

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Seinfeld - The Complete Series...questions...

Old 11-11-07, 01:38 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by whotony
you fit 1-8 in one priority flat rate box?

was there room for any cushioning material.

doesnt seem like there would be.
It was in a square one not the rectangular one. It fit in nice but yeah there wasn't a whole lot of room for cushioning but i assume since the guy said exactly as described it arrived without damage.
Old 11-11-07, 02:27 PM

Thanks for the great info, everyone.

After verifying that I needed seasons 8 and 9, it was almost a no brainer for the complete set at ~$105. If I don't sell the other seasons, they will make some nice Christmas presents.
Old 11-12-07, 12:16 AM

Got mine at B&N last night, $108 somehow (I used the coupon code and I think they rang it up wrong as well). Very cool.
Old 11-12-07, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just picked up the last three seasons I missing. I love the box, but to be honest, I can live without it.
Old 11-13-07, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

well, after resigning myself to the fact that i didn't need the complete series box set, my wife surprised me with it for our anniversary (the Best Buy Fridge version, no less)! i have to say, actually having it my hands, i'm extremely glad to own it.

the packaging is really gorgeous and has a very solid build quality. this is the kind of high-quality packaging treatment that a series set should get. not only is it beautiful, but also practical, in that the individual discs are more easily accessible than in the individual season sets. added bonus - as crazy/hilarious as the fridge is, i'm really glad to have it as a protective outer casing for the series box.

having not really realized before what the contents of the coffee table book were like, it actually has a lot more value than i realized. i love that it is broken down episode-by-episode. this means that i really will look at it more than once, pulling it out to reference each episode as i watch them.

the series set also comes with a gate-fold, quick-reference episode guide for the entire series, which is very handy and quite a bit more practical than the nine individual guides from the season sets.

EDITED TO ADD: i really enjoyed the roundtable discussion bonus disc, though it did leave me wanting more. there were a lot of clips, but it was fascinating and unique to see the cast's reaction to the clips as they were watching them. i wish michael richards had provided more balanced participation (he hardly spoke!), but all in all, it was really fun to watch and definitely worth seeing/owning for die-hard fans of the show.

now it's time to sell all nine individual season sets. anyone interested (after i talked up the series set so much, of course)? i'll give you a great deal.

Last edited by kefrank; 11-13-07 at 12:27 PM.