Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Where's Halloween Boxset?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-07, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,428 Likes on 1,043 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
His name is Paul Champagne and his cases are awesome. He is well known in the industry.

The studios are aware of him and they allow him to use their property.

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/

I was about to post this link, I have a box for Star Wars, Dune and Kevin Smith, and they all look great.
Old 10-31-07, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
That footage was discovered by Synapse Films and I don't believe Anchor Bay owns it.
Trancas International owns that footage, and any other Halloween footage. Synapse might have found it, but they can't legally release it in any form without the express permission of Trancas (i.e. the Akkad family). And, actually, depending on the terms of Anchor Bay's distribution deal, Trancas probably can't license it to anyone else until AB's rights expire. I can't say for certain, but I would imagine AB has 100% exclusivity on their deal covering any and all different cuts and excised footage - that's pretty standard. So if it does see the light of day any time soon it will likely be as some sort of Anchor Bay/Starz release. Hopefully if AB decides to have another go at Halloween on DVD they can - once and for all - give us a true Ultimate Edition (ala Dawn of the Dead) with all the various special features, the new footage, both cuts, and the proper color timing.
Old 10-31-07, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by JLBkret
I have seen these 'custom' cases before, these are NOT official items and this seller/designer is using copyrighted images for his tin cans. How he can sell someone else's property is beyond me. As for the Halloween case, it's only a tin box that you can put 8 single dvds in. Not very impressive in my opinion and it's illegal.
Actually, the quality of Paul's custom cases are great. They look sharp and are built really solidly. They're not flimsy tin boxes that bend or dent easily. If you're thinking of something along the lines of the Band of Brothers or Superman tins, guess again. They're much more solidly constructed than that.
Old 10-31-07, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Is that the one with the commentary on part 2?
Old 11-01-07, 04:07 PM

Btw, if anyone is interested in a custom box for their Halloween films, I have Paul's "Legacy Collection" Limited Edition box designed by TesOne that I no longer need. It holds 8 standard keepcases, so if you don't care to own the Rob Zombie remake or one of the lesser sequels, or if you have the Halloween II & III Double Feature DVD instead of the individual releases, you'll be in business.