Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 3rd Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 3rd Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-07, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by FusionX
Congrats!
Thanks
Old 10-14-07, 07:23 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 679 Likes on 455 Posts
You guys are lucky I'm not a mod. This calling out other's lists and insults are taking the joy out of this.
Old 10-14-07, 07:29 PM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts
Shhh...looks like they've kissed and made up!
Old 10-14-07, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought you were a mod, Trevor. Shows how observant I am.

I'm ODing on Halloween. Now I'm watching "Halloween: 25 Years of Terror." I need serious professional help.
Old 10-14-07, 07:48 PM

Would anyone consider Deliverance horror?

I know many might consider it a thriller but if you were Ned Beatty's character, you wouldn't be thrilled, you'd be horrified.
Old 10-14-07, 07:52 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 679 Likes on 455 Posts
I've had a slow couple of days, reorganized by bedroom today, moving my computer and TV set up, took all day pretty much.

But the set up I have now will allow me to use my computer from bed if I so desire, and has my LCD in good viewing distance, so hopefully I'll get back on track with a movie or two each night.

Perhaps I'll finally watch Jacob's Ladder tonight, been putting that one off for years.
Old 10-14-07, 08:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SanityRemoved
Would anyone consider Deliverance horror?

I know many might consider it a thriller but if you were Ned Beatty's character, you wouldn't be thrilled, you'd be horrified.
I think it would count, as to me it falls in line with The Hills Have Eyes and I Spit on Your Grave style films. But the lack of gore or mutants might make it too much thriller and not enough horror.
Old 10-14-07, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FusionX
But the lack of gore or mutants might make it too much thriller and not enough horror.
There are mutants in it.
Old 10-14-07, 09:08 PM

Mutants, but not as advanced as mutants in movies today. But I consider deliverance to be horror because movies like "Wrong Turn" wouldn't exist without it.
Old 10-14-07, 09:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
EDIT: Actually I just noticed it's time to close this for length as well, esp. w/ all the problems the forum has been having recently. Please feel free to continue the discussion here http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=514455 but also read the following before you post in the new thread...

MOD NOTE: I'm not even sure where to being w/ this thread. There's been a lot of reports from various posts in this thread the last few days. For the most part (IMHO, other mods may feel differently but since seem to have stepped in probably not) since it's just been debates over who's watched what or what qualifies as a horror film I've just let it go. HOWEVER IF YOU PEOPLE DON'T START BEHAVING AND ADDRESSING EACH OTHER IN A CIVILIZE MANNER FURTHER ACTION MAY BE WARRANTED. If you disagree w/ what some poster is calling a horror film or how many they claim to have watched, just ignore them (even to the point of adding them to your ignore list if you have too). Additionally, this mean the name calling stops here.

Consider this a general thread warning. Further violations of the rules in this thread will most likely result in suspension of the poster and potentially closing the thread if enough people are acting this way.

Thanks

Last edited by nemein; 10-14-07 at 09:27 PM.