Definitive List of Exclusive Bonus Discs - Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Definitive List of Exclusive Bonus Discs - Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-07, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Circuit City had and exclusive bonus disc with Stealth. It was called Stealth Secrets. If I overlooked this, I apologize.
Old 09-19-07, 08:09 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by wvblueandgold
Circuit City had and exclusive bonus disc with Stealth. It was called Stealth Secrets. If I overlooked this, I apologize.
Nope, I just kept forgetting to put it in the master list. We talked about it back in the day, and I have it, just had a blind spot on it and the master list for some reason. Thanks for the reminder!

For any discussion of current exclusives, please post in the weekly "all store exclusives and freebies" threads now in the Bargain Forum.
Old 09-19-07, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Trevor
It is incredibly YMMV on these bonus discs. Some of the older bonuses now ring up for a penny, some of them are 9.99 or even higher. And the stickers have always meant nothing, it may ring up differently.

The 300 disc, in my experience, always rang up as 9.99, but came up free with the package price once you bought something else.
I agree, but check this out. That Ghost Rider book that was free with Ghost Rider is still available in one of my stores. It is marked $39.99
It actually rang up $39.99 so I decided I'd buy a copy of Ghostrider with it so it would be free. NOPE! It still rang up $39.99! The cashier called the manager over, who said that promotion is over. I told he how he had a shelf FULL of them, and that the back clearly states "Not For Retail Sale." He let me have it for a penny, but I had to fight for it. $39.99 is ridiculous though. Even the 2-disc DVD set doesn't cost that much!
Old 09-19-07, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by johnsun
Hi. Does anyone have any information of a bonus disc for the CGI animated Final Fantasy VII Advent Children? I've seen a disc that cames in a clear CD jewelry case.. Does anyone know where the bonus disc was given out at and what's the contents of it?

Please reply ASAP
Thanks
I got mine from Gamestop - I think it was a pre-order thing. Comes in a clear standard jewel case. Heard that Best Buy *might* have had it as well.

It has interviews and behind the scenes looks at the English voice acting dubbing process (not included in the original DVD release) from what I've read.

(I'm not opening mine)
Old 09-19-07, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by laserdogg
I got mine from Gamestop - I think it was a pre-order thing. Comes in a clear standard jewel case. Heard that Best Buy *might* have had it as well.

It has interviews and behind the scenes looks at the English voice acting dubbing process (not included in the original DVD release) from what I've read.

(I'm not opening mine)

I got that too but if I remember correctly, the recent Collector's Edition of Advent Children (the one in the box) comes with the interviews from the GS bonus disc.
Old 09-19-07, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
I got that too but if I remember correctly, the recent Collector's Edition of Advent Children (the one in the box) comes with the interviews from the GS bonus disc.
Grabbed the big black FF VII box when it dropped to 39 or close to that. Glad to hear it's in there too...
Old 09-20-07, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tried to search with no luck...Could someone tell me what is on the Aeon Flux Best Buy bonus disc?
Old 09-20-07, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by BSTNFAN
Tried to search with no luck...Could someone tell me what is on the Aeon Flux Best Buy bonus disc?
The effects of AEON FLUX

Edit:......Also next week (9/25) Wal-Mart will have a new bonus disc for cars, its called the "Ultimate Ride" and it includes....
-New Car Finder Experience- go deeper into the world of Cars!
-Cine-Explore- The ultimate behind-the-scenes look
-Never-Before-Seen "Memory Lane" feature hosted by John Lasseter
and World Of Cars mini-guide- GLOW-IN-THE-DARK poster

Last edited by rednowgreen; 09-20-07 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-21-07, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wasn't the Aeon Flux bonus disc at Best Buy just the soundtrack?
Old 09-21-07, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
For which Aeon Flux? For the film, as mentioned above Effects of Aeon Flux. For the animated series, it is a sample of the soundtrack from the animated series, which by the way is excellent.
Old 09-21-07, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by macnorton
For which Aeon Flux? For the film, as mentioned above Effects of Aeon Flux. For the animated series, it is a sample of the soundtrack from the animated series, which by the way is excellent.
Sorry...I meant the film...Thanks for the responses.
Old 09-22-07, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by macnorton
Yes, the soundtrack CD is definitely worth getting your hands on. It's one of the main reasons I picked up the DVD set.
Old 09-22-07, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Originally Posted by Abe.
Yes, the soundtrack CD is definitely worth getting your hands on. It's one of the main reasons I picked up the DVD set.
Not to go to far off topic, I do recommend (for anyone who is interested) the expanded version of the soundtrack:

http://www.amazon.com/Eye-Spy-Ears-O...0480341&sr=1-1

It can be difficult to find in stores, but they are available on eBay.
Old 09-22-07, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Er....

Disney & Wal-Mart are re-releasing Cars with ANOTHER bonus Disc:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=7732205

It's already up on Ebay too. Here's a pix of the back:

Comes out this Tuesday.

Sigh.
Old 09-22-07, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i already hunted down those two other bonus disc and the tin can...sheesh I wish they would have just done a proper release out the shoot on this one
Old 09-26-07, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by elsnerma
Best Buy had an exclusive bonus disc with the Resident Evil: Resurrected Edition 2 pack that was just released a couple weeks ago. Even though it is a "Resident Evil: Extinction" bonus disc, one of the features on it is a 20 minute or behind the scenes vid on set with the cast of the first Resident Evil movie
Thanks, but that information is in the weekly thread for that week in the bargain forum.

Once every couple/few months I'll update this master list with the new stuff, so you all don't have to mention anything from the last couple/few months.

But please do mention any old exclusives that are not in the lists.
Old 09-29-07, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

grabbed that cars disc. Both disc are individually shrink wrapped
Old 09-29-07, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cameron
grabbed that cars disc. Both disc are individually shrink wrapped

I also noticed that the bonus disc comes with it's own slipcover.

What exactly is on the bonus disc?
Old 10-19-07, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can anyone recommend a good way to price/sell some of these? I would like to unload a few that I don't want/need and wouldn't mind a little more cash for some upgradeitis I've been experiencing lately. Some (like the Best Buy Star Trek discs) used to be worth quite a bit, but I can't find any recent auctions on eBay or any other good way to get a sense of value. Any suggestions?
Old 10-19-07, 04:25 PM
Banned

Post them in the Bargains forum (though you may have to set a selling price upfront, instead of being allowed to sell to a highest bidder, I'm not sure); alternatively, I'm looking for the Target exclusive version of The Office: Season Two, as well as all the Best Buy bonus DVDs for Star Trek, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise (don't need any of the Next Gen ones), if you're interested in emailing me an offer!
Old 10-19-07, 04:59 PM

We do have a thread devoted to selling/trading these in the exchange forum here. Link in post #1, and in my sig.
Old 10-19-07, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

We do have a thread devoted to selling/trading these in the exchange forum here. Link in post #1, and in my sig.
Trevor, I am aware of that thread, but I believe the rules state you have to post a selling price. That's where my problem lies as I have no idea what they should reasonably fetch. I have no problem giving someone here a decent deal, but I don't want to waste time by asking $50 for something worth 50 cents or hose myself by doing the opposite.
Old 10-19-07, 07:44 PM

Trevor, I am aware of that thread, but I believe the rules state you have to post a selling price. That's where my problem lies as I have no idea what they should reasonably fetch. I have no problem giving someone here a decent deal, but I don't want to waste time by asking $50 for something worth 50 cents or hose myself by doing the opposite.
True. I sort of follow these bonuses on ebay, and the price wildly fluctuates.

Sometimes they go for pennies, and sometimes $40 for one bonus. A set of ST: DS9 bonus discs, all 9, sold recently, I think for like $25.

If you let me know what you have I'll let you know what my saved auctions showed, and I might want to buy some of them myself.

You can email me thru the forum.

But overall, my advice to anyone wanting to sell them is to track/search ebay auctions, and base the prices on that. You just have to post yours at the right time, when some OCD collector is looking for your specific disc, to get more than a couple bucks. I recently got a lot of like 50 different bonuses for about $50 total. The same exclusive can go for a penny, or $30, depending on timing. Like anything on ebay I guess.
Old 10-20-07, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

True. I sort of follow these bonuses on ebay, and the price wildly fluctuates.

Sometimes they go for pennies, and sometimes $40 for one bonus. A set of ST: DS9 bonus discs, all 9, sold recently, I think for like $25.

If you let me know what you have I'll let you know what my saved auctions showed, and I might want to buy some of them myself.

You can email me thru the forum.

But overall, my advice to anyone wanting to sell them is to track/search ebay auctions, and base the prices on that. You just have to post yours at the right time, when some OCD collector is looking for your specific disc, to get more than a couple bucks. I recently got a lot of like 50 different bonuses for about $50 total. The same exclusive can go for a penny, or $30, depending on timing. Like anything on ebay I guess.
I appreciate the help. I tried to search active and completed auctions on eBay for some of them and found very little info...I know you have an extensive collection of these, so I'll shoot you a list of what I have and you can have first shot at anything that interests you. Some of them are pretty obscure.
Old 10-27-07, 04:39 AM

Invincible Iron Man came with an exclusive Dr. Strange mini-comic (a prequel for the animated movie) at Wal-Mart/Sam's Club a few months ago.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.