Definitive List of Exclusive Bonus Discs - Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Definitive List of Exclusive Bonus Discs - Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-07, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been looking for awhile now and haven't been able to find anything about it, but can anyone tell me what was on the Target exclusive version of Sublime? I didn't but it when it came out and now having watched the movie, I love it. If anyone could tell me what's on it or where the hell I can find it now, I would appreciate it greatly.

Last edited by dcrw6; 08-17-07 at 12:55 AM.
Old 08-17-07, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
While you're listing comic book exclusives...

At Best Buy, specially labeled copies of BABYLON 5 THE LOST TALES came with an exclusive mini comic.

Also, with one of the SIN CITY editions (can't recall which) they were giving away free copies of the previously published Sin City A Dame to Kill For #1. This wasn't an on-pack exclusive, though. The comic book was a full-sized issue and racked next to the DVDs.
Old 08-17-07, 11:15 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
While you're listing comic book exclusives...
I list the comic book exclusives (any exclusive/freebie actually) in the weekly posts/threads, but not in the master lists, which are for discs only.

I don't think that makes me lazy, I just thought that I had to draw the line somewhere. There are a lot of freebie toys, comics, etc out there, and to keep them in the master lists would make them perhaps too long.

I'm thinking that a real toy and/or comic collector either has better resources than this thread, or might want to start a separate thread to track/compile them.
Old 08-17-07, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by dcrw6
I've been looking for awhile now and haven't been able to find anything about it, but can anyone tell me what was on the Target exclusive version of Sublime? I didn't but it when it came out and now having watched the movie, I love it. If anyone could tell me what's on it or where the hell I can find it now, I would appreciate it greatly.
I have it at home. If I recall, it was 2 or 3 short featurettes which were added content on the main disc itself, and then a sticker placed on the slipcover.

If you want, I'll type the exact sticker for you when I get home.
Old 08-17-07, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Trevor
Discs available only at Circuit City:
Superman Returns available as a 3 disc CC exclusive edition with 50 minute documentary, The Science of Superman" (~$10 premium)
I saw a copy of this at CC last night and it had a new sticker on the front of it with a new cost of $14.95. The exclusive slipcover was pretty banged up, but I got it anyway. I haven't opened it yet. I'm assuming that the bonus disc is in a cardboard envelope.
Old 08-17-07, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Peep
I saw a copy of this at CC last night and it had a new sticker on the front of it with a new cost of $14.95. The exclusive slipcover was pretty banged up, but I got it anyway. I haven't opened it yet. I'm assuming that the bonus disc is in a cardboard envelope.
The bonus disc is in a custom cardboard "The Science of Superman" envelope-thingie.

I have an extra (pristine) Superman Returns CC Slipcover if you need it. I picked it up with a price-mistake at CC awhile back. I added the Science disc to my Uber-Superman Box Set, traded the two-disc set for the Pirates 2 Blockbuster tin and kept the slipcover for some weird reason.

It's yours if you want it.
Old 08-21-07, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

found an exclusive passion of the christ Tin upc code. it is similar to the disney treasures, donnie darko style with full artwork on all sides. i assume it was a christian bookstore exclusive as it has a "pewter reminder witness card" packed with it. It is full screen and inside the tin has the original one disc Full screen dvd. upc code is 024543231417 if someone has a better idea of where it came from
Old 08-27-07, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but FYE (TWEC stores) will have an exclusive box set including all 5 seasons of "Hogan Knows Best" for release on September 25th (not 100% sure I remember the date right). If this is old news, than all apologies.
Old 08-27-07, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by db27
Not sure if this is the best place for this, but FYE (TWEC stores) will have an exclusive box set including all 5 seasons of "Hogan Knows Best" for release on September 25th (not 100% sure I remember the date right). If this is old news, than all apologies.
Not old news as far as I know, we rarely get advance word on TWEC stuff. I'll hopefully remember to put it in the weekly list once that date rolls around.

So anything exclusive to the box? Or is it just packaging the 5 seasons together?
Old 08-27-07, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh my God, I love you for this news. Awesome...love this show, and me and the fiance are huge wrestling fans!
Old 08-27-07, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

BTW, where did you hear this? Was there an ad or something, cuz I can't find it for pre-order on FYE.com.
Old 08-27-07, 03:12 PM

Wait a second....the 4th season premiered on July 22nd, so how are they getting 5 seasons for release, when they're currently airing their 4th season?
Old 08-27-07, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sabrett
BTW, where did you hear this? Was there an ad or something, cuz I can't find it for pre-order on FYE.com.
Go to one of the stores that has LVS (listening and viewing stations) wait and you will witness the add. I work at a Coconuts and the add plays about 9000 times a day.
Old 08-27-07, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Pltfrm9n3Qrtrs
Wait a second....the 4th season premiered on July 22nd, so how are they getting 5 seasons for release, when they're currently airing their 4th season?
perhaps it was only 4 seasons then, maybe a bonus disk or something. I'll check tomorrow at work and report back.
Old 08-27-07, 07:16 PM

perhaps it was only 4 seasons then, maybe a bonus disk or something. I'll check tomorrow at work and report back.

Ah, okay. Thanks so much
Old 08-28-07, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

update! season 1 through 3 on 5 discs available september 25th with an MSRP of $69.99 not sure of sale pricing though. I"m going to post a thread about it.
Old 09-09-07, 10:09 PM

Hi. I purchased the Making of 300 Bestbuy disc from eBay and when I got it, it has a $0.99 price sticker on it.. How long after the release are they usually marked down? When the movie is well into it's run in theatres? I was thinking about bidding on the SUperbad disc, but if has a chance of hitting $0.99, I might take my chances and wait to see if I happen to come across it.
Thanks
Old 09-09-07, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by johnsun
Hi. I purchased the Making of 300 Bestbuy disc from eBay and when I got it, it has a $0.99 price sticker on it.. How long after the release are they usually marked down? When the movie is well into it's run in theatres? I was thinking about bidding on the SUperbad disc, but if has a chance of hitting $0.99, I might take my chances and wait to see if I happen to come across it.
Thanks
It was always .99 cents (or free if you bought another DVD, if I remember coreectly). It was a promo disc to tout the upcoming theatrical release. They basically want to give those away.
Old 09-10-07, 04:41 AM

It is incredibly YMMV on these bonus discs. Some of the older bonuses now ring up for a penny, some of them are 9.99 or even higher. And the stickers have always meant nothing, it may ring up differently.

The 300 disc, in my experience, always rang up as 9.99, but came up free with the package price once you bought something else.
Old 09-10-07, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

from one of my humble ventures, after the release of 300 (meaning, not as a pre-order), i was able to purchase the bonus disc, along with the 300 dvd, for $.01 at a local fye. they wanted to give it to me for free, but i guess they had to charge something.
Old 09-11-07, 08:07 PM

Hi. Does anyone have any information of a bonus disc for the CGI animated Final Fantasy VII Advent Children? I've seen a disc that cames in a clear CD jewelry case.. Does anyone know where the bonus disc was given out at and what's the contents of it?

Please reply ASAP
Thanks
Old 09-11-07, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by johnsun
Thanks
How much did you pay for it on eBay?
Old 09-11-07, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Abe.
How much did you pay for it on eBay?
$2.XX. It was about $5 shipped..
Later
Old 09-11-07, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Been reading these posts. If anyone is interested, I have both the 300 and Superbad bonus discs. The 300 still has unused MovieCash in it. That makes it a rarity.

Anyway, if anyone wants both, PM me. I'd take $6 shipped for both.
Old 09-12-07, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i grabbed a spidey blu-ray disc at Best Buy in nashville this week. attached to monster house, but it rang up free. i did not purchase monster house.

Also need to get that Spidey disc you owe me trevor

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.