Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Saw III DC - Oct 23

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1598
could someone give me a quick rundown of what exactly was added to the DC and how much of it there is? tia.
The ending is re-edited differently from the previous two versions and is extended a bit. I won't go into spoilers,but the new DC ending is on youtube at the moment(though I suspect it'll be taken down in no time).

The deleted 'fight' scene on the UR dvd is included in the new cut from what someone posted on imdb.com. Meanwhile the second deleted scene from that dvd which I liked is not in the new cut at all.

There was another added or extended scened as well. But I didn't read the persons entire post. And I don't know if their are any more tweaks to the film or not.
Old 10-23-07, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still can't decide whether to purchase ("doubledip") the director's cut or not. I'll await more feedback first. The special packaging for the first three movies is awesome, but I cannot justify double dipping on all three movies for that.
Old 10-23-07, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Watched the new ending and its good. Still wish they would show the head shot Im sick... Cant wait to buy it tomorrow and give the commentaries a listen. Wonder if it will have special cover like the first two DC did.
Old 10-23-07, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by JLBkret

YES they were 100% successful getting a store to carry them! I got this info straight from Steve (the designer), watch for it tomorrow! Let the hunt begin!
Mind telling us where we're supposed to be able to get that set?
Old 10-23-07, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A little disappointed to see the cover isnt super special but thankfully its not normal. Its a slipcover see thru w/ a metallic like insert in the case.

The menu music is very annoying this time around.
Old 10-23-07, 05:24 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 947 Likes on 793 Posts
Originally Posted by Julie Walker
The ending is re-edited differently from the previous two versions and is extended a bit. I won't go into spoilers,but the new DC ending is on youtube at the moment(though I suspect it'll be taken down in no time).

The deleted 'fight' scene on the UR dvd is included in the new cut from what someone posted on imdb.com. Meanwhile the second deleted scene from that dvd which I liked is not in the new cut at all.

There was another added or extended scened as well. But I didn't read the persons entire post. And I don't know if their are any more tweaks to the film or not.
thanks Julie!
Old 10-23-07, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Rack scene had a split second more gore w/ bone fragments added shooting out in this version when the leg breaks according to DLB during the commentary.

Cant wait till friday!
Old 10-23-07, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Tenacious D
Mind telling us where we're supposed to be able to get that set?
The set could be gotten on ebay or from the concept design company
Old 10-23-07, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sabrett
So...you're paying $15 extra to get a free movie ticket?
Before going emoticon-crazy there, you might want to stop and think for a second. If someone was planning on going to see Saw IV anyway, the free ticket effectively lowers the price of the disc by the cost of the movie ticket. So, while someone might not be willing to double-dip for $17.99, they very may well for $7.99 (if a movie ticket were to cost $10). Not sure why that's such a crazy concept.
Old 10-24-07, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by xage
Thanks for the info, Xage. I think I'll pass. Did you get one?
Old 10-24-07, 09:53 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
since I had never bought the first SAW III disc, this was a no brainer to purchase (and for the movie tix) got to say the new footage in the body/head twist-thingamajig was ultra nasty.
Old 10-24-07, 09:57 AM
Banned

Does anyone know if the Futureshop Saw Trilogy set is any different from the US set? They look the same to me.
Old 10-24-07, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm still waiting for an updated picture of Xage's SAW collection
Old 10-24-07, 05:31 PM

I hit the Lotto with my Saw III DC, it had four free movie passes instead of one! Kind of like getting a fortune cookie with more than one fortune in it.
Old 10-24-07, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Hank1215
I hit the Lotto with my Saw III DC, it had four free movie passes instead of one! Kind of like getting a fortune cookie with more than one fortune in it.
What are the odds? 4 tickets to see Saw 4?
Old 10-24-07, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Abe.
I'm still waiting for an updated picture of Xage's SAW collection
Posted it here:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=499990&page=6
Old 10-24-07, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah man, I caught that thread right after I posted that. I really like how the DC packaging looks like, but I already bought the Trilogy boxset.
Old 10-25-07, 08:24 AM
Banned

It appears that the Futureshop Saw Trilogy set is the same thing as the US set. I have no idea why Futureshop is saying they have an exclusive because it is not.
Old 10-25-07, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It appears that the Futureshop Saw Trilogy set is the same thing as the US set. I have no idea why Futureshop is saying they have an exclusive because it is not.
From their web page it looks like what they're saying is that they're the only one (in Canada) including the movie cash for Saw IV in the package. So even though the movie cash may be in every trilogy set available in the US, in Canada it may only be available in the set available at Future Shop. I seem to recall a similar thing with the release of the Jurassic Park Trilogy and The Frighteners DVDs a couple of years back. I believe that the movie cash to King Kong was only available in the sets from Future Shop.
Old 10-26-07, 08:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by xage
I hope no one wasted their time or money with that seller on Ebay. He supposedly owns thousands of these sets yet he can't ship one single set after he said he had them. Don't get scammed with this one, he ain't for real. Watch his feedback carefully.
Old 10-26-07, 08:51 AM
Banned

How many more times is Lionsgate going to SCREW the Saw fans with these different versions of Saw? I just watched Saw 3 DC last night and I finally realized something: Lionsgate is screwing the fans of this franchise. The extras on the second disk were a complete joke also. Now a few months down the road they will screw us again with Saw 4 on dvd. The madness will never end.
Old 10-26-07, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I cant wait for Saw IV dvd then the DC after that and then V and VI. Then Ill have 12 copies and Xage will have 156 or so
Old 10-26-07, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How many more times is Lionsgate going to SCREW the Saw fans with these different versions of Saw? I just watched Saw 3 DC last night and I finally realized something: Lionsgate is screwing the fans of this franchise. The extras on the second disk were a complete joke also. Now a few months down the road they will screw us again with Saw 4 on dvd. The madness will never end.
Considering the way parts 1 and 2 went, you should have known how it works by now. Part 4 will come out in Feburary then next October a two disc special edition will be released of that one, and the same for 5 and 6 (if and when they happen).

If part 4 turns out alright, don't buy the version in Feburary, wait until next October. Rent it if you are really dying to see it again.
Old 10-26-07, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts
I don't mind these double dips since the 2-disc sets offer something new to their 1-disc counterparts. New commentaries, featurettes and a new cut to the movie itself. And, like cerial said, it should be expected so don't blame Lions Gate. Wait on buying the 1-disc edition (rent it instead) and then buy the 2-disc SE.
Old 10-26-07, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Still, this time it was slightly worse. We got a DVD that had several featurettes this time and several commentaries in Feb, and it was already Unrated as opposed to the previous years where we got the TC in Feb. with one commentary and a couple of featurettes. While I suppose I am only encouraging LGF, I wish they'd held back some of these features or created something better for the second disc of the DC, since it sounds pretty underwhelming.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.