Search this Thread

Old 08-06-07, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw III DC - Oct 23

OH YES! There will be blood!

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/9589
http://www.davisdvd.com/news/dvd.html

Now you can finally see the infamous finale, which features a load more gore! Lionsgate Home Entertainment will release Saw III: Director's Cut on DVD October 23rd, according to Davis DVD. The film arrives in a new 120-min. unrated cut featuring an anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. Bonus materials on this go-around include separate audio commentaries with writer Leigh Whannell, director Darren Lynn Bousman and Tobin Bell & Shawnee Smith, "Jigsaw's Plan," "Filmmaker Favs," "Looking Tortured Make-up FX Lesson" and "Choose the Death" featurettes, and Hydrovibe Music Video Featuring Shawnee Smith. Retail is $26.98. Also look for the Saw Trilogy six-disc set that includes all three Unrated 2-disc sets in a limited edition 3-D Puppet Head Box. Retail is $49.98. Read on for the DVD cover art for both releases.

Last edited by Rammsteinfan; 08-06-07 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-06-07, 01:44 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I'll stick with my Blu-Ray copy for now.
Old 08-06-07, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Funny how now you get two different cuts of the movie that are both labeled the "Unrated Cut".

I saw a listing for this in our new release guide at work, and I can't say I was surprised. It's become clockwork.

-Release new Saw movie the Friday before Halloween.
-Release a single-disc edition shortly thereafter.
-One year later, release a two-disc SE the Tuesday before the next Saw movie opens in theater, along with a free ticket to watch the new movie.

Last edited by MTRodaba2468; 08-06-07 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-06-07, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope the additional 7 mins is good. Ill buy regardless being the Saw whore I am. Ill do the same next year for Saw IV and then V and VI.
Old 08-06-07, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I held out on picking up any of the Saw movies being I wasn't a huge fan, but I think I'll pick up that box-set.
Old 08-06-07, 02:40 PM

I have been wondering which versions to get of the SAW DVDs, as there is so many. The boxset release has solved that problem.
Old 08-06-07, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why no DTS track?
Old 08-06-07, 03:11 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468
Funny how now you get two different cuts of the movie that are both labeled the "Unrated Cut".

I saw a listing for this in our new release guide at work, and I can't say I was surprised. It's become clockwork.

-Release new Saw movie the Friday before Halloween.
-Release a single-disc edition shortly thereafter.
-One year later, release a two-disc SE the Tuesday before the next Saw movie opens in theater.
You forgot to mention with a free ticket to see the NEW Saw movie in theaters.
Old 08-06-07, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ReduxGuy
Why no DTS track?
Read my mind.

I'll grab this one since I've re-purchased every new edition of the Saw films since day one. Plus, I thought the third was the best, so any new footage (especially gore) is a plus to me. The head package sounds cool but I'm not rebuying all of the previous discs for some large head. Also, when Saw IV, V, etc. come out the head will be obsolete.
Old 08-06-07, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,276 Likes on 2,106 Posts
Originally Posted by KillerCannabis
Read my mind.

I'll grab this one since I've re-purchased every new edition of the Saw films since day one. Plus, I thought the third was the best, so any new footage (especially gore) is a plus to me. The head package sounds cool but I'm not rebuying all of the previous discs for some large head. Also, when Saw IV, V, etc. come out the head will be obsolete.
It calls it a 3-D Puppet Head Box I'm guessing it'll be more along the lines of the clunky Simpsons heads or the Chucky Collection boxes rather than, say, POTA. Just a guess though. It could be awesome.
Old 08-06-07, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,812 Likes on 1,933 Posts
Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
I hope the additional 7 mins is good. Ill buy regardless being the Saw whore I am. Ill do the same next year for Saw IV and then V and VI.
It's going to be "The Secret Origin of Jigsaw."

It shows him working in a used record store in the mid-90s, and these two assholes keep bringing in Don Ho and Sergio Mendes records and expecting to be paid big bucks for them.

It's the point where he lost faith in humanity and came to the conclusion that people are wasting the lives they were given.
Old 08-06-07, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
You forgot to mention with a free ticket to see the NEW Saw movie in theaters.
My mistake. My post has been updated.
Old 08-06-07, 04:31 PM
Cool New Member

I'll be buying this edition like I usually do each October when it comes to the Saw movies.
Old 08-06-07, 05:24 PM

So October 23 will see Saw III - Special Edition, Hostel - Director's Cut, Hostel: Part II, and the seventh and final season of "Tales from the Crypt."
Old 08-06-07, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Im picking up Saw 3, Hostel 1 & 2, Kubrick SE's.... very expensive day.
Old 08-06-07, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 250 Likes on 183 Posts
Didn't double dip on the first 2 movies, so I guess i'll go ahead and pick up the box set.
Old 08-06-07, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Will pick up director's cut in october like I usually do for saw editions.
Will get Saw III, Hostel, and some Kubrick remasters....october is always an expensive month.
Old 08-06-07, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Of course I purchased Saw III during DDD's 20% off sale even though I knew it may be released in the fall as a directors cut. Despite my error in judgement (i.e. waiting longer...), I'll be double dipping as well...
Old 08-07-07, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I like the Saw movies don't get me wrong but I haven't had any interest in "Double Dipping" on any of the three Saw films. I have bought all 3 on their respective release dates & thats good enough for me. I guess Lions Gate need the money. I wonder if the studios every thought of umm... making the DVD "totally complete" on the first DVD release so people would spend money twice on 1 movie. Of course this is one of the biggest arguments about DVDs, so...?

Damn "double/Quadruple/etc, etc. dipping".
Old 08-07-07, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

along with a free ticket to watch the new movie.
They only did that for Saw 2. The Saw 2 Unrated 2 disc didn't have a free movie ticket included for Saw 3, and I doubt this one will either.
Old 08-08-07, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts
Dammit. I knew that as soon as I started buying the Saw movies, they were going to release a box set... I should have known better. Shame on me. But they were so damn cheap. I think I bought Saw I & Saw II for $4.99 each or something and got Saw III as a gift. So if I have to double-dip, I won't be TOO painful since I didn't spend that much to begin with.
Old 08-08-07, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why are they calling the box set "The Saw Trilogy" when there are more than 3 films planned in the series?!
Old 08-08-07, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That will be known as the second trilogy...

No idea what the purpose of the trilogy set is unless the last 3 films will definitely stand out as a seperate trilogy since Jigsaw... well you know the end if you saw S3
Old 09-06-07, 06:36 PM
Cool New Member

The Saw III single-disc unrated release had three audio commentaries. I take it those won't be included on this longer cut of the film. Also, the two Saw II releases (single-disc R-rated and two-disc unrated) featured different behind-the-scenes featurettes and what-not, so I'm guessing it'll be the same here.

I held off buying the single-disc unrated DVD of the third flick in anticipation of this release, but now it's looking like you're going to have to once again buy both to get the complete set. I don't really care about the behind-the-scenes featurettes since they're so short for the Saw films, but I love commentaries. . . Bah.
Old 09-06-07, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts
Originally Posted by Benjamin H.
I held off buying the single-disc unrated DVD of the third flick in anticipation of this release, but now it's looking like you're going to have to once again buy both to get the complete set. I don't really care about the behind-the-scenes featurettes since they're so short for the Saw films, but I love commentaries. . . Bah.
I'm the same way. I already own the 2 versions of Saw II and combined them into one case for a 3-Disc 'Ultimate Edition' (if you will). I'm satisfied with the 2-disc unrated version of Saw I since the original's commentary was just OK IMO.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.