Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Shield Commentaries - Spoilerific?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Shield Commentaries - Spoilerific?

I'm watching The Shield for the first time and I'm just about through with S1. Do the commentaries spoil future seasons? Any recommendations on when I can watch them? I'm dying to hear them, but I don't want to spoil any future surprises. Thanks for any advice!
Old 05-29-07, 12:50 AM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've listened to all The Shield commentaries from 1 through 5, and I don't remember any spoilers for forthcoming seasons. They do spoil things that happen in later episodes of the same season however (for example, they talk about the big event that happens in the season finale of Season 5 throughout all the commentaries for that season).

So, in other words, watch an entire season before you start listening to its commentaries, but don't worry about future seasons being spoiled.
Old 05-29-07, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear.
Old 05-29-07, 08:03 AM

There are a few minor spoilers in the season 5 commentaries regarding some comings and goings in season 6, but nothing too major.
Old 05-29-07, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With the exception of Season 6 (which is mostly part 2 of Season 5) I think all of the comentaries are recorded before the next season is even finish filming, let alone aired. I haven't listened to Season 5 yet but I assume some spoilers abound because they had already finished the episodes for most of 6.
Old 05-29-07, 04:37 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

I honestly don't remember any Season 6 spoilers on the Season 5 commentaries; there were a couple of times where they jokingly said that they could spoil the next season since they already shot the episodes, but I don't remember them actually revealing anything.