DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Masters of Horror Season 1 Box Set

Old 05-24-07, 02:55 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Masters of Horror Season 1 Box Set

Source: Dread Central

Masters of Horror :: First Look at Masters Box! ::

Well now, this sure is sexy; what you see below is an early design for the upcoming box set of Season One of Masters of Horror, which Anchor Bay is said to be releasing this August 28th.

I was worried we might be looking at a big skull or something equally as expected, but the crypt look is a stroke of genius. Not sure how it will fold out as of yet, or where the discs will go as this is an early design, but Iím sure weíll be seeing something final soon!

Keep it here for more Masters news now that the third season is in new hands; canít wait to see what the changes will mean for the series!

Old 05-24-07, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That thing is HUGE!

I was hoping for a slim line cases and something that doesn't hog the space, which is all too valuable right now.
Old 05-24-07, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thats fucking sweet! Id get it just for the box and since I dont own anything resembling that.

We dont know how big its going to be right, or how it will be packaged? That Alias box looked big too but ended up bieng small. It would be too bulky to fit 13 fat cases, so Im guessing itll be small.

Any prices for it yet?
Old 05-24-07, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You just knew Anchor Bay was going to release a box set after releasing these separately.
Old 05-24-07, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Any prices for it yet?
Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be expensive as hell. Could this set a record for most expensive Season 1 set?
Old 05-24-07, 04:46 PM

I like the packaging, but Anchor Bay will not get me to double dip on these. There just aren't enough good episodes to warrant it, IMO.
Old 05-24-07, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They will probably use the same old cover artwork for the cases inside; rather than making ones which match nicely. Doubtful the slip cases will be included too.
Old 05-24-07, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 334 Likes on 245 Posts
I never bought a single release hoping they would come out with a boxset. Hopefully there will be a good deal to be found.

Edit: forgot I bought Imprint. I guess I can always give that away as a gift
Old 05-24-07, 06:18 PM

Nice set, but the content would have to be much better to warrant a purchase from me.
Old 05-24-07, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Disc-Flipper
They will probably use the same old cover artwork for the cases inside; rather than making ones which match nicely. Doubtful the slip cases will be included too.
Yes, that would be my guess. Standard keepcases (sans slipcover). Too bad that they wouldn't at least use thinpaks to make the packaging more unique (and slimmer).

I have the John Carpenter one (because I'm a whore), but I was pretty disappointed with the content of this show overall. For Netflix people contemplating it, you can watch the episodes online via the Watch Now option to try before you buy.
Old 05-24-07, 06:29 PM
Banned

I guess this might be wishful thinking, but do you think maybe Anchor Bay may offer us MOH fans a chance to buy just the case? Just like New Line did for the Lord Of The Rings Extended Edition set, maybe? I absolutely love the series and I know one thing is for sure..I need this box set!
Old 05-24-07, 06:42 PM

Who is handling MOH: Season 3? Will it still be on Showtime?
Old 05-24-07, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
I like the look of the box but I already own all of the dvds.
Old 05-24-07, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

awesome! glad i held out. hope they have a good deal on it vs purchasing the individual titles.
Old 05-24-07, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Put me down for one! I knew they were going to release this as a season set eventually, so I skipped out on buying all of the individual ones. Hopefully the price is decent.
Old 05-24-07, 11:13 PM

Count me in on this. No single release I purchased yet, was holding out on this, glad it came through.
Old 05-24-07, 11:59 PM
Cool New Member

Looks awesome. Glad I held off on getting the single discs.
Old 05-25-07, 12:15 AM

I like the packaging, but Anchor Bay will not get me to double dip on these. There just aren't enough good episodes to warrant it, IMO.
But there were enough good episodes to warrant buying them the first time?

Old 05-25-07, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mikey horror
Keep it here for more Masters news now that the third season is in new hands; canít wait to see what the changes will mean for the series!
Oh, please tell me that Showtime wised up and tossed out the hack known as Mick Garris. I don't know how you can take a relatively foolproof concept like "Masters of Horror" and screw it up, but somehow Garris and almost all the writers/directors have to some extent.
Old 05-25-07, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by GreenVulture
Oh, please tell me that Showtime wised up and tossed out the hack known as Mick Garris. I don't know how you can take a relatively foolproof concept like "Masters of Horror" and screw it up, but somehow Garris and almost all the writers/directors have to some extent.
Care to elobarate?

I only own 2 MOH but want to get more. I got them for $2 each so was looking to get others for around this price. Im sure I can get at least $5 if I sold them to get this set.

Any speculation to the cost? Honestly, I refuse to pay more than $65. Call me cheap but its only 12 eps. Im guessing itll be around $90, HBO prices.
Old 05-25-07, 03:00 AM

I wasn't buying separate films for a long time waiting for the box. Finally it came out in R2 England - 2 boxes (volume 1 & 2). Their boxes look sweet but this one is just killing me. Still it'll be nonsense to double dip.
Old 05-25-07, 06:49 AM

I already own the UK sets, but that is cool enough to warrant a second dip.
Old 05-25-07, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Care to elobarate?
Just remember that everyone has different likes and dislikes, but especially with horror. Some like gore fests, some like psychological thrillers, etc.

Personally I thought Chocolate, Garris' first MOH contribution, was pretty damn good.
Old 05-25-07, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Daniel L
But there were enough good episodes to warrant buying them the first time?

I guess that's my mistake for not being crystal-clear in my original post. I didn't buy them all individually. I bought some, saw others on Showtime. So, between cable and dvd I've seen all of them. Not willing to double dip just for the few I liked.
Old 05-25-07, 09:36 AM

I saw a couple of episodes on Scream, a digital cable channel in Canada. I thought the 2 eps. I saw were pretty good and I'll probally pick this up when it comes out.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.