Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Masters of Horror Season 1 Box Set

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-07, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do we even know it's standard keepcases? People above seem pretty certain. Perhaps it's like Planet of the Apes, which I believe came in a CD-sized, stacked hinged digipak. Perhaps, as someone else says, much like the Rambaldi Cube, this is quite small.

In any case, I'm sold. This is the set I was waiting for and I'll get it, even though I hear the episodes are a disappointment. I'll power through the set when I get it and if they are I'll sell it before it devalues itself.
Old 05-25-07, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
La-ame! AB is retarded if they think horror fans are going to double-dip on these. I bought most of the 1st season releases so I'll just finish those up and I'm done. What kind of features could they possibly add that would make this worthwhile?
Old 05-25-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never got around to picking up any of the season 1 episodes, so as long as the price is not insanely high, I'll pick this up.
Old 05-25-07, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by KillerCannabis
La-ame! AB is retarded if they think horror fans are going to double-dip on these. I bought most of the 1st season releases so I'll just finish those up and I'm done. What kind of features could they possibly add that would make this worthwhile?
Didn't a few of the first ones have an exclusive scipt-to-screen comparison at Best Buy? I wonder if they'll throw those on there.
Old 05-25-07, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I picked up another one today. Joe Dantes release. Cost me $2 again. Even with this set announced I got it incase its either too much or something unforseeen. Plus I love the insert of the "painting artwork"
Old 06-21-07, 03:20 PM

Update!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7516

Only $55.99. Thats not bad at all, plus new bonus features. With DD20% thats only $45, or 3 a movie. Im all over that as I'll get some good cash back for the 3 movies I already bought!
Old 06-21-07, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 447 Likes on 253 Posts
Definitely interested in getting this as I held off buying the individual releases.

That boxset really looks cool!
Old 06-21-07, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bboisvert

I have the John Carpenter one (because I'm a whore)...

Same here. one of my favorite directors. But I avoided buying any others because it seemed pretty obvious they'd eventually do a season set.

The crypt design is fantastic!
Old 06-22-07, 12:27 AM

The only reason I'm not upset that I bought all the original releases, is because if I didn't wait, then I'd I have one big box, instead of having each one on the shelf next to their director where they belong. But cool box though.
Old 06-22-07, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
According to that site the "crypt case" picture was concept art only, the real thing may not look like that at all.
Old 06-22-07, 02:34 AM

I'm so glad I held out on the previous releases! I'll definately get this on DDD's next sale!
Old 06-22-07, 03:31 AM

Fantastic design. I will pick up the set either way, But I really hope they keep that design.
Old 06-22-07, 04:10 AM

I pretty much like the Scandinavian boxes by Njuta Films:

The individual covers are pretty also. They look so old style - http://www.sfbok.se/asp/serie.asp?Serie=3116
Old 06-22-07, 04:42 AM
Suspended

When they drop the price, I'll buy.
Old 06-22-07, 11:19 AM

If they keep the crypt design I may bite. I already have the Anchor Bay UK sets.
Old 06-22-07, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by old-boo-radley
When they drop the price, I'll buy.
me too, even with a 20% off ddd sale, its still too much for the content.
Old 06-29-07, 11:10 PM
Cool New Member

http://www.davisdvd.com/news/press.html

This set will be limited to 20,000 units and includes a bonus disc of extras.
Old 06-30-07, 08:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.davisdvd.com/news/press.html

This set will be limited to 20,000 units and includes a bonus disc of extras.
It's M*A*S*H all over again.
Old 07-01-07, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I was planning on getting this at the next DDD sale but, I wonder if they'll still have them then?
Old 07-17-07, 10:59 AM

Now im stuck as to whether i should get the box set or the blu ray version
Old 08-18-07, 02:54 AM

Hello folks. I have just received my Masters Of Horror Crypt set in the post and thought I would give you some first impressions.

In all honestly, when I first saw the announcement, I was expecting some huge crypt that would take up alot of space. After opening the box, I was a little disappointed, as it was not as big as I had imagined. That is either a good or bad thing for some people (I was hoping for it to a little bigger myself) The box is 8 inches wide and 6 inches high. Don't get me wrong though, it is still a decent size for the DVD shelf. There is no red masters of horror icon as seen in previous pictures but there is two plastic like tombs added on, which make a nice crypt look.

After removing the roof/top of the crypt, We can see the DVDs come in a CD sized cardboard case and there is slots for each one to slide into. *edit early morning mistake, there are 14 slots, no extra.

Overall, I am pretty pleased with the appearance of the set and am happy that I have purchased it. The extras seem more than fair enough for a TV release. Whether it will be as limited as they say, I am not sure. The boxset is not numbered, just in case anyone was curious at all.

I have stacked up the fridge ready with a few beers for tonight, so I am all set. Cheers

Last edited by Joel Goodsen; 08-18-07 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-18-07, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Russell S
I like the packaging, but Anchor Bay will not get me to double dip on these. There just aren't enough good episodes to warrant it, IMO.
Exactly. There were only three or four episodes worth owning from season 1, and I got all four (Landis, McKee, Gordon and Carpenter) on the rental only (?) two per disc sets.
Old 08-18-07, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Joel Goodsen
Hello folks. I have just received my Masters Of Horror Crypt set in the post and thought I would give you some first impressions.

In all honestly, when I first saw the announcement, I was expecting some huge crypt that would take up alot of space. After opening the box, I was a little disappointed, as it was not as big as I had imagined. That is either a good or bad thing for some people (I was hoping for it to a little bigger myself) The box is 8 inches wide and 6 inches high. Don't get me wrong though, it is still a decent size for the DVD shelf. There is no red masters of horror icon as seen in previous pictures but there is two plastic like tombs added on, which make a nice crypt look.

After removing the roof/top of the crypt, We can see the DVDs come in a CD sized cardboard case and there is slots for each one to slide into. There is 14 cases in total, but more slots inside for the CDs to go into.

Overall, I am pretty pleased with the appearance of the set and am happy that I have purchased it. The extras seem more than fair enough for a TV release. Whether it will be as limited as they say, I am not sure. The boxset is not numbered, just in case anyone was curious at all.

I have stacked up the fridge ready with a few beers for tonight, so I am all set. Cheers
pics?
Old 08-18-07, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by freshticles
pics?
I am afraid not, I dont have any use for a Camera/PC camera. I would post them if I had a camera available. I am pretty sure my sister has a camera that would enable me to upload them, if I can get a hold of it, I will get some up for you.

To be honest, I was surprised when it arrived this morning. I am from the UK, so I wasn't expecting it untill early September.
Old 08-18-07, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I forgot this was coming out so soon. I went ahead and placed my order over at DVDPlanet for ~$48, using some credit.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.