DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/501364-official-wrestling-dvd-discussion-thread.html)

dx23 05-22-07 09:08 PM

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread
 
I'll start these since the other thread was deleted. I'll try to post here all the upcoming wrestling DVD releases. The thread is to have a discussion on all wrestling DVD related topics.

For weekly wrestling discussion, you can go to the Sports forum at DVDTalk, where MovieExchange keeps a very nice weekly thread with all the news pertaining to pro wrestling. He even has Pay Per View contest!

Let the talking begin....

ThomaMon 05-22-07 09:26 PM

Long live this thread!

lastofthewild1s 05-22-07 09:32 PM

Are there any guidelines we have to follow to avoid seeing this thread disappear?

dx23 05-22-07 09:39 PM


Originally Posted by lastofthewild1s
Are there any guidelines we have to follow to avoid seeing this thread disappear?

Don't post active ebay auctions. Don't talk about bootlegs. Don't threadcrap. And please keep general wrestling discussion on the Sport section of DVDTalk.

Class316 05-22-07 09:43 PM

hey throwback, can you post us pics of the Senitype and the Cards?

ThomaMon 05-22-07 09:49 PM


Originally Posted by dx23
Don't post active ebay auctions. Don't talk about bootlegs. Don't threadcrap. And please keep general wrestling discussion on the Sport section of DVDTalk.

What is threadcap?

davethomasowns 05-22-07 09:51 PM

PLEASE let this thread stay alive this time.

I purchased the 3 disk tin of WM23 today and I really like the way it looks.

A couple things I noticed while re-watching the show.

- The ladder match was really exciting. I liked it a lot more with this second viewing.
- I am almost positive that when Stone Cold gives the stunner to Trump, they used a different camera shot. It's from the back, a little more shaky, but it definitly makes Trump's laughable fall look not so stupid. If they were able to do this, they should've edited when they ring the bell too early at the end of the match. I guess since Stone Cold's hand hit the mat when he slid down, they thought it was a tap, so it actually appears like he taps the mat 4 times when the bell actually rang too early.
- Anybody else not see the fan run-in during the main event on the dvd? It appears as though they edited that part out as well. I felt they should have left it; I loved when Michaels waves the fan bye-bye.

Haven't got a chance to view all of the extras, although I did watch the press conference and really enjoyed that.

Lastly, on the trading cards pack in the tin, it lists the DVD release dates of a couple shows in the next year. I think they listed summer slam, royal rumble, and a couple others.

Any news on the extras for backlash?? :hscratch:

Rogue588 05-22-07 09:58 PM

So, wait...the WWE Release Date thread was deleted again?

dx23 05-22-07 10:14 PM


Originally Posted by Rogue588
So, wait...the WWE Release Date thread was deleted again?

Yep. The kid got mad and ran with his toy:


Originally Posted by Erik68
I asked you all to keep that thread on topic, you failed.

Talk about e-bay auctions, talk about DVD's that were released a year ago, talk about buying old video tapes for a dollar a piece and selling them on ebay for close to $500.

This was a thread for "Upcoming WWE DVD Releases" and I am wading thru ten pages of WCW video tapes, Ebay auctions, TNA DVD's.

I dleeted the thread because it was so far off topic and no one would keep it on topic. If you want s general disscussion thread, make one, no one is stopping you.

It was my thread, I should have the right to delete it. I should have done it right when the ebay auction crap started, that was my mistake.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=461419&page=3

This is a great example of why poster shouldn't be allow to delete threads. But don't worry. I won't do the same.

lastofthewild1s 05-22-07 10:17 PM


Originally Posted by ThomaMon
What is threadcap?

Posts that go off topic. The guy who started that other thread which was deleted, would cry about it constantly. So, he deleted the thread and we lost a month or so worth of discussions. Real mature.
Now, back to your regularly scheduled Wrestling DVD Discussion.

dx23 05-22-07 10:19 PM


Originally Posted by ThomaMon
What is threadcap?

Threadcrap is when a member comes in a post some negative comments about the topic. For example, if somebody came to this thread and posted:

"Wrestling is stupid and fake"

That would be considered a threadcrap.

Another example:

Wrestling DVDs sucks

That would also be considered threadcrap

A synic remark like "who cares" , "who gives a shit" or any other variation of it could be considered a threadcrap.

hope this helps explain what threadcrap means.

Phineas444 05-22-07 10:20 PM

How much does Blockbuster usually sell their new WWE DVD's for when they are released? I mean ones like Backlash, not special 3 disc ones and the such.

lastofthewild1s 05-22-07 10:22 PM


Originally Posted by dx23
Threadcrap is when a member comes in a post some negative comments about the topic. For example, if somebody came to this thread and posted:

"Wrestling is stupid and fake"

That would be considered a threadcrap.

Another example:

Wrestling DVDs sucks

That would also be considered threadcrap

A synic remark like "who cares" , "who gives a shit" or any other variation of it could be considered a threadcrap.

hope this helps explain what threadcrap means.

I stand corrected. So really, there was no "threadcrapping" going on in that previous thread. Such a pity too. We had a good discussion going on there.

lastofthewild1s 05-22-07 10:23 PM


Originally Posted by Phineas444
How much does Blockbuster usually sell their new WWE DVD's for when they are released? I mean ones like Backlash, not special 3 disc ones and the such.

I bought the Royal Rumble and No Way Out 2 disc sets for $20 a piece. I would assume that Backlash will go for the same price.

lastofthewild1s 05-22-07 10:25 PM

My question about WM 23 is which retailer has the best price for the 3 disc set? I don't care about the extra goodies that Circuit City and Best Buy are offering. I just want the best price on the 3 disc set.

Rogue588 05-22-07 10:47 PM


Originally Posted by dx23
Yep. The kid got mad and ran with his toy:


Originally Posted by Erik68
I asked you all to keep that thread on topic, you failed.

Talk about e-bay auctions, talk about DVD's that were released a year ago, talk about buying old video tapes for a dollar a piece and selling them on ebay for close to $500.

This was a thread for "Upcoming WWE DVD Releases" and I am wading thru ten pages of WCW video tapes, Ebay auctions, TNA DVD's.

I dleeted the thread because it was so far off topic and no one would keep it on topic. If you want s general disscussion thread, make one, no one is stopping you.

It was my thread, I should have the right to delete it. I should have done it right when the ebay auction crap started, that was my mistake.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=461419&page=3

This is a great example of why poster shouldn't be allow to delete threads. But don't worry. I won't do the same.

Well, frankly, he did kind of have a point.

The thread title was Upcoming WWE DVD Releases and those things were going on. However, they didn't necessarily bother me, either (as long as it related to the WWE)...

shacmasta 05-22-07 11:05 PM


Originally Posted by dx23
Yep. The kid got mad and ran with his toy:



http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=461419&page=3

This is a great example of why poster shouldn't be allow to delete threads. But don't worry. I won't do the same.

Ok, That answers that question. Obviously someone wanted to play mod and send us regular visitors of the thread a big F-U. I mean we were knee deep in wrestlemania 23 dvd talk and not much else for the last week or more and to do that the night before when a lot of people are depending on others information is pretty egotistical. Thankfully one of the regular contributors to the madness created a thread.

Just to repost from the mania 23 thread...

Circuit city - Both the 2 disc & Ult. LD Version have a sticker advertising a wm 3 piper film cell inside the set.

Best Buy - Only the Ult. LD Version has a sticker advertising a 4-pack of topps wrestling cards inside the tin.

Blockbuster - Only the 2 disc contains the bonus press conf. & match. Blockbuster only had one 2 disc'r for sale and it went to me. They had no idea what the ULT LD Tin was.

I also posted pics of my haul, but throwback basically has the same and better quailty.

gangrel76547 05-22-07 11:06 PM


Originally Posted by davethomasowns
PLEASE let this thread stay alive this time.

I purchased the 3 disk tin of WM23 today and I really like the way it looks.

A couple things I noticed while re-watching the show.

- The ladder match was really exciting. I liked it a lot more with this second viewing.
- I am almost positive that when Stone Cold gives the stunner to Trump, they used a different camera shot. It's from the back, a little more shaky, but it definitly makes Trump's laughable fall look not so stupid. If they were able to do this, they should've edited when they ring the bell too early at the end of the match. I guess since Stone Cold's hand hit the mat when he slid down, they thought it was a tap, so it actually appears like he taps the mat 4 times when the bell actually rang too early.
- Anybody else not see the fan run-in during the main event on the dvd? It appears as though they edited that part out as well. I felt they should have left it; I loved when Michaels waves the fan bye-bye.:hscratch:

they also cut out batista's botched pyro. i was at the show and when he goes out on each side of the stage, there was one little red pyro and a loud sound. it looked like something malfunctioned. the dvd shows him go out to each side of the stage but cuts out the loud sound and no pyro is seen.
Oh and Shawn waving goodbye? Best thing ever.
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1416/wm23212ct1.jpg

throwback 05-22-07 11:45 PM

Updated Earlier Post W/ Added Items...

Wrestlemania 23 DVD Exclusives

Wrestlemania 23 Tin Bestbuy Exclusive w/ Legends Cards
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...on/WM23_BB.jpg

Wrestlemania 23 Tin Circuit City Exclusive w/ WMIII Senitype Film Cel
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...on/WM23_CC.jpg

Wrestlemania 23 Regular Circuit City Exclusive w/ WMIII Senitype Film Cel
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...n/WM23_CC2.jpg

Wrestlemania 23 Wal-Mart Exclusive w/ HBK: From the Vault
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12.../WM23_WMRT.jpg

Wrestlemania 23 BlockBuster Exclusive
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...n/WM23_BLK.jpg

WM23 Philippines Exclusive Cinema Poster Offer:Notice the Different PPV Airing Dates
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...on/wm-pst1.jpghttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...on/wm-pst2.jpg

-this giant poster was given to select people when Wrestlemania 23 aired live on selected cinemas in manila.

Completed All Wrestlemania 23 DVD Store Exclusives
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...3_Complete.jpg

Thanks for looking & more to come as always!

MovieMaster11 05-23-07 01:32 AM

I did alittle editing to the CC ad and PM's at Walmart and got the 3 disk tin for $17.99.
Sweet deal, Great dvd. It only pisses me off to see Kennedy win MITB when it meant nothing.

geicos27 05-23-07 03:10 AM

I got the 3 disc for $17.99 at Best Buy. On Sunday, Circuit City's website accidentally listed the 3 disc as $17.99. Before they fixed it, I printed it and was able to price match at Best Buy.

throwback 05-23-07 03:23 AM


Originally Posted by Class316
hey throwback, can you post us pics of the Senitype and the Cards?

Here for your reference dude.
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8526/wmstypehe9.jpg

IMO it's exactly the same senitype look that was packaged w/ the Anthology box sets,but this one's different since it's WM3 piper & adonis match.

ThomaMon 05-23-07 04:24 AM


Originally Posted by throwback
Wrestlemania 23 Wal-Mart Exclusive w/ HBK: From the Vault
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12.../WM23_WMRT.jpg

Some how I think they would sell more of these if the bonus disc was an exclusive disc, and not something that is/was as easily available as the "From the Vault" DVD.

I have the BlockBuster and BestBuy releases and think I'll stop there. Although seeing your photos make me want more, I don't think I'll do it. Tho the Piper film cell is kind of tempting. :)

xage 05-23-07 08:33 AM


Originally Posted by ThomaMon
Some how I think they would sell more of these if the bonus disc was an exclusive disc, and not something that is/was as easily available as the "From the Vault" DVD.

Nahh, I think they would still sell more. Walmart's offer with its Wrestlemania23 aint that different with their offer of Wrestlemania22 last year when they have Rey 619 DVD in-packed with it.

at $19.99 havine 4 disc inside for WM23/HBK Vault.. thats satisfactory deal already

nodeerforamonth 05-23-07 09:39 AM

So is the Royal Rumble Anthology out of print now? Do we know for SURE that they're going to split it up into groups?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.