DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Dexter's Laboratory?

Old 05-08-07, 09:26 AM
  #1  
Cool New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 49
Dexter's Laboratory?

Who do we need to talk to about getting this released? My 5-year old daughter loves this show and got me into it. I was very surprised when I went to buy it that it was not available on DVD.

Thanks,
Rod319
rod319 is offline  
Old 05-08-07, 03:50 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Las Colinas, TX
Posts: 697
I'm always intrigued how people always ask questions pertaining to something brought up in a WB chat less than 24 hours after it occurred. Is it just dumb luck?

Anyways, to answer the OP's question, according to Warner Bros. just last night, there're no plans for Dexter's Lab any time soon.
ignition is offline  
Old 05-08-07, 03:54 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 23,226
The entire original series was released on DVD many years ago as a contest prize only.
I think there were about ten sets made.
PixyJunket is offline  
Old 05-08-07, 08:39 PM
  #4  
Cool New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 49
Ignition, Sorry, I looked at the WB Chat before posting...I just missed that part. I was specifically looking at the chat for the information.

There are no toys or DVDs for this series. I wish someone would realise that a treasure this series was.

Rod319
rod319 is offline  
Old 05-08-07, 10:03 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
milo bloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 12,921
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
The entire original series was released on DVD many years ago as a contest prize only.
I think there were about ten sets made.

If you're trying to be funny, I'm not laughing. I would pay good money for Dexter's Lab on DVD, did they really do this?
milo bloom is offline  
Old 05-08-07, 10:44 PM
  #6  
Cool New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 49
I have seen a complete set on the 'net for sale. It just didn't look legit to me since it wasn't at any reputable site or even on Ebay.

Rod319
rod319 is offline  
Old 05-08-07, 10:56 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Las Colinas, TX
Posts: 697
Originally Posted by rod319
Ignition, Sorry, I looked at the WB Chat before posting...I just missed that part. I was specifically looking at the chat for the information.

There are no toys or DVDs for this series. I wish someone would realise that a treasure this series was.

Rod319
No need to apologize... I wasn't attacking you or anything, it just seems like inevitably, whenever WB does a chat, someone asks about something brought up in the chat. It's just weird. It's like some people don't believe what the WB representative said in the chat.
ignition is offline  
Old 05-09-07, 12:12 PM
  #8  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by ignition
I'm always intrigued how people always ask questions pertaining to something brought up in a WB chat less than 24 hours after it occurred. Is it just dumb luck?

Anyways, to answer the OP's question, according to Warner Bros. just last night, there're no plans for Dexter's Lab any time soon.
That's really a shame Dexter's Lab was such a great show and even won a couple Emmys. It was one of CN's most popular cartoons for a few years, and we've seen Ed, Edd n Eddy sets and all the adult swim shows on DVD. Doesn't make sense to me.
PikeBishop is offline  
Old 05-09-07, 12:21 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 23,226
Originally Posted by milo bloom
If you're trying to be funny, I'm not laughing. I would pay good money for Dexter's Lab on DVD, did they really do this?
Yes.. but it was in 99 (?). I remember trying to get my hands on a set back then but as it with only a contest giveaway, it was pretty futile. The official word from WB on it when asked at the recent chat was "No plans for Dexter's Laboratory at this time, but willing to consider it." Since Powerpuff Girls are coming I'd imagine it's being considered.
PixyJunket is offline  
Old 05-09-07, 02:15 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
milo bloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 12,921
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Yes.. but it was in 99 (?). I remember trying to get my hands on a set back then but as it with only a contest giveaway, it was pretty futile. The official word from WB on it when asked at the recent chat was "No plans for Dexter's Laboratory at this time, but willing to consider it." Since Powerpuff Girls are coming I'd imagine it's being considered.

Damn. And I used to swear by Cartoon Network years ago, now we only watch it for Adult Swim, (and lately they've put Courage the Cowardly Dog back in rotation). Dexter's, PPG, Courage, Cow and Chicken are all must buy's for me.
milo bloom is offline  
Old 05-09-07, 02:20 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
dadaluholla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wilmington, OH
Posts: 5,491
You can add me to the list that would definitely buy Dexter's Laboratory. Great show.
dadaluholla is offline  
Old 10-09-10, 10:35 PM
  #12  
Political Exile
 
grundle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,171
Re: Dexter's Laboratory?

Season 1 is being released this Tuesday:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Dexters...Season-1/13993
grundle is offline  
Old 10-10-10, 09:44 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: WV
Posts: 11,217
Re: Dexter's Laboratory?

My Sam's Club already has it out on the shelf. I think it was around $19
bigjim25 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.