DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   The Simpsons Season 10 - August 7 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/499920-simpsons-season-10-august-7-a.html)

Simpson Purist 05-07-07 11:56 AM

The Simpsons Season 10 - August 7

TV Shows on DVD link

Damn, no Stephen Hawking commentary.

matome 05-07-07 11:57 AM

Thanks.

PixyJunket 05-07-07 12:00 PM

First set without commentary on all episodes?

Artman 05-07-07 12:24 PM

Was hoping it'd come out in July w/ a free movie ticket... all well. Still looking forward to it.

MikeDeN2K 05-07-07 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
First set without commentary on all episodes?

If so... possibly the first set I will pass on, or at least not go out and buy upon release. It's a shame, the episodes just started to go so far downhill so quickly starting with Season 10.

An4h0ny 05-07-07 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by MikeDeN2K
the episodes just started to go so far downhill so quickly starting with Season 10.

i disagree strongly

but that's what makes America great

*shares cookie with you*

islandclaws 05-07-07 12:37 PM

Good news. I still find the show enjoyable today, though it's not nearly as sharp as it used to be. Season 10 had plenty of great episodes.

madcougar 05-07-07 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by An4h0ny
i disagree strongly

but that's what makes America great

*shares cookie with you*

That's not a gay thing is it? ;)

For me season 12 is where the bottom fell out.

EdTheRipper 05-07-07 01:00 PM

Cool news.

scarredgod 05-07-07 01:22 PM

16 out of 23 episode commentaries, im still getting it.

i stopped watching the show around this season so it will be great to finally see alot of episodes i have never seen.

critterdvd 05-07-07 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by scarredgod
16 out of 23 episode commentaries, im still getting it.

i stopped watching the show around this season so it will be great to finally see alot of episodes i have never seen.

Same here... It around season 10 that the show went from appointment television to something I would catch every once in awhile (yet I haven't seen a single episode since season 15). This show is one of my favorites, but high school and then college got in the way - so I'm really looking forward to watching these on DVD (especially since it will be my first time for some of the episodes :)).

RobCA 05-07-07 02:05 PM

Woohoo, great news! :up:

This is the last season I'm buying, so after this, my Simpsons collection will be complete, at least till the movie comes out, assuming it doesn't suck. :)

Rob

Snowmaker 05-07-07 02:28 PM

Me not recalling a single episode by any of the titles there has made me decide that I'm done.

yellahoosh 05-07-07 02:39 PM

This season has Marge and the Canyonero. For this alone it necessitates a purchase from me.

"Hey, everyone, it's Curtis E. Bear, the Courtesy Bear!"

Seantn 05-07-07 02:46 PM

Me not recalling a single episode by any of the titles there has made me decide that I'm done.
And oddly enough, me recalling the episodes based on the titles made me decide that i'm done.

Bluelitespecial 05-07-07 02:48 PM

This comes out the same day as the Muppet Show making for a very expensive day already.

Skoobooz 05-07-07 02:50 PM

Isn't it always the case that, when these Simpsons sets are announced, they don't announce commentaries for all the episodes, and yet there are ultimately commentaries on all episodes? I feel like this happens every time....

The Antipodean 05-07-07 03:47 PM

My last season I think, but still looking forward to it.

jmj713 05-07-07 06:48 PM

Is there anyone like me that never really watched the show as it aired (I might've seen only a handful of first-run eps). I mainly caught episodes here and there in syndication, and therefore never knew which season they were from. So for me, there would never be a magical cutoff point there seems to exist for everybody else. I'll happily get the entired series on DVD. So far I've bought them all and have not been disappointed.

Seantn 05-07-07 07:16 PM

Right, but if you buy the season sets, you'll definitely notice a huge shift in the tone of writing at a certain point.

Decker 05-07-07 07:45 PM

Hope I can finally get S9 cheap when this one comes out. I've sworn off buying these season sets at release because the prices drop significantly later.

Dragon Fly 05-07-07 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Decker
Hope I can finally get S9 cheap when this one comes out. I've sworn off buying these season sets at release because the prices drop significantly later.

I'm in the same boat as you Decker!

scarredgod 05-07-07 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Vandelay_Inds
Was about to post exactly this. I'm still waiting for a good deal for S8 and S9.

season 9 was 22.49 at FYE last week, maybe still is. that price was reasonable enough for me to finally puchase season 9.

nateman 05-08-07 01:34 AM

Being that I'm a completest and not a cheapo (not saying anyone is cheap) i will most Def. be picking up season 10. As far as Audio commentaries go, I could care less-I don't listen to them anyway.
I have rarely actually seen new episodes of the simpsons during their original broadcasts so most of these episodes will be new to me, Besides the ones ive seen in syndication.