Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Am I the only one sick of DVDs going OOP quickly?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Am I the only one sick of DVDs going OOP quickly?

Old 03-14-07, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There should be a law that states that any DVD released after the close of a DDD 20% off sale must stay in print, at a minimum, until the end of the next such sale.
Old 03-27-07, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dx23
1900 was listed as OOP by Paramount, but then a week later it was back in print.
Well, I feel pretty stupid for buying a copy at full MSRP a few days ago when I saw it at Borders. Glad I haven't opened it yet.
Old 04-13-07, 02:09 PM

Just a heads-up:

All of the local Borders Books stores I've been to (here in Dallas, TX) still have multiple copies of the OLDBOY Special Edition tin. YMMV but if anyone's still looking, that'd be a good place to start. They want $39.99 but with the current 20% off coupon it's not a bad deal. Plus you can use any Holiday Rewards you've earned right now (with the coupon and $16.12 in Holiday Rewards I ended up paying only a little over $17 for it!!!!!!!)

P.S. for anyone here, I've been to the Lewisville, Preston Road, and Lover's Lane stores. All are in-stock as of 12:00 noon today.

Also, here's the link for the 20% off coupon (good through 4/19/07):

Borders 20% Off Coupon

Last edited by Count_Zero; 04-13-07 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-17-07, 07:12 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by animatedude

seventh, FUCK OFF AND DIE.
animatedude, comments like this really aren't going to contribute to the thread in any way. Additional incidents like this may result in administrative action against your account.
Old 04-17-07, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dead
animatedude, comments like this really aren't going to contribute to the thread in any way. Additional incidents like this may result in administrative action against your account.

hey! that was weeks ago, iam a different person now,lol.sorry though.
Old 04-17-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
I'd like to know where "DVD collectors" (at least those complaining about discs going OOP) get the idea that every title they are interested in should be kept available until they decide they want to buy it.

The whole idea behind "collecting" (at least in other arenas) is to pick and choose what you get because you know that it isn't going to be around forever. Hence the word "collectible"... worthy of collecting and gathering.

Otherwise, it is just "acquiring stuff".

I'm talking about "DVD collectors" specifically, not those who build a personal video library.