DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

What's up with this Salo?

Old 02-20-07, 06:43 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 244
What's up with this Salo?

Anyone heard anything about this version of Salo from HKFlix?

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID....qx/details.htm
svrasputin is offline  
Old 02-20-07, 07:46 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Compton (Straight Outta)
Posts: 1,130
If it's Euro Cult, it's a bootleg.
Dan Average is offline  
Old 02-20-07, 07:48 PM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 244
Thanks...that's what I needed to know
svrasputin is offline  
Old 02-20-07, 08:11 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 7,337
HKFlix sells boots? That's sad.
Peep is offline  
Old 02-20-07, 08:44 PM
  #5  
Premium Member
 
The Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Grazing in a field somewhere...
Posts: 20,864
Originally Posted by Dan Average
If it's Euro Cult, it's a bootleg.
Link?
The Cow is online now  
Old 02-21-07, 04:15 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Blu-ray.com
Posts: 10,380
Originally Posted by The Cow
Link?
What has been said above is 100% correct.

I don't see how a company that sells the Jodorowsky titles at this very moment, together with Salo can be considered legit. For obvious reasons!

Pro-B
pro-bassoonist is offline  
Old 02-21-07, 09:11 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
The Bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 54,867
The good news is Criterion is redoing Salò and I thought I heard the Jodorowsky movies are coming out on DVD once their national theatrical tour is over, no?
The Bus is offline  
Old 02-21-07, 10:03 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 9,863
Originally Posted by The Bus
The good news is Criterion is redoing Salò and I thought I heard the Jodorowsky movies are coming out on DVD once their national theatrical tour is over, no?
Who do WHAT now? Criterion is putting its Salò back into print?!?!?
rfduncan is offline  
Old 02-21-07, 12:13 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 425
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Who do WHAT now? Criterion is putting its Salò back into print?!?!?
From Criterion "On Five" website:

Salò:
Have we been able to renew our rights? Well, here’s the answer you weren’t expecting. Yes. We’re working on a brand new HD transfer now. It’ll be a totally new release and be out in 2007.

http://www.criterionco.com/blog/2006_11_01_archive.html
FILMCZY is offline  
Old 02-21-07, 01:49 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Blu-ray.com
Posts: 10,380
Originally Posted by The Bus
The good news is Criterion is redoing Salò and I thought I heard the Jodorowsky movies are coming out on DVD once their national theatrical tour is over, no?
Correct! That is why I said "obvious reasons" above. Perhaps I was wrong.

1. Salo to be rereleased (during summer I believe) by Criterion.

2. Jodorowsky 6DVD boxset by Anchor Bay (official UK date is May 14, US date to be confirmed).

Ciao,
Pro-B
pro-bassoonist is offline  
Old 02-21-07, 02:11 PM
  #11  
Moderator
 
Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 33,495
Originally Posted by FILMCZY
From Criterion "On Five" website:

Salò:
Have we been able to renew our rights? Well, here’s the answer you weren’t expecting. Yes. We’re working on a brand new HD transfer now. It’ll be a totally new release and be out in 2007.

http://www.criterionco.com/blog/2006_11_01_archive.html
I thought there was a rumour that is was a longer cut of the film
Giles is offline  
Old 02-21-07, 05:39 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 425
Originally Posted by Giles
I thought there was a rumour that is was a longer cut of the film
The only edit I have read concerning the old Criterion edition is as follows:

The Criterion has deleted a scene (25-second sequence during the first wedding ceremony).

Source:
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdcompare/salo.htm
FILMCZY is offline  
Old 02-22-07, 09:40 AM
  #13  
Moderator
 
Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 33,495
Originally Posted by FILMCZY
The only edit I have read concerning the old Criterion edition is as follows:

The Criterion has deleted a scene (25-second sequence during the first wedding ceremony).

Source:
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdcompare/salo.htm
actually my question was directed to the upcoming reissue. Maybe the new version will reinstate this missing scene (at the least)
Giles is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.