DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Ghidorah & Monster Zero - June 5

Old 03-20-07, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any word on the aspect ratio of the English versions? Hopefully OAR, and not cropped to 1:78 to 1 like the GODZILLA VS MOTHRA disc. I understand the upcoming FRANKENSTEIN CONQUERS THE WORLD will also feature a cropped MAR English version.

If Simitar could release MONSTER ZERO in OAR in 1998, I don't see why Classic Media can't do it in 2007.

Yes, I watch the Japanese versions w/subtitles, but the familar English versions have a charm all their own. Hopefull the dubbing will not be the dry as a bone Toho International dubs but rather the better ones created for the US release.
Old 03-20-07, 11:47 AM
mxv

I'm looking forward to both of these! I can't get enough of Godzilla movies. I was very happy with Classic Media's last G releases so I'm sure these will be just as good.
Old 03-20-07, 02:35 PM

Just to re-affirm a point I made earlier, these are all going to be released in a box set once they're all out, right?
Old 03-20-07, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ignition
Just to re-affirm a point I made earlier, these are all going to be released in a box set once they're all out, right?

Yes.

Rumor has it that August will see Godzilla's Revenge & Terror of MechaGodzilla. The box set might be announced then.
Old 04-01-07, 04:07 PM

So what is the complete rundown of titles that have already been released by Genius/Classic Media. I have the Gojira release, what has been released since then?
Old 04-01-07, 07:13 PM

They have also released Godzilla Raids Again and Mothra vs Godzilla, their web site is here.