Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

YABRT: Blade Runner Set on the Horizon...finally?!?!?!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

YABRT: Blade Runner Set on the Horizon...finally?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts
That is probably what he meant as the fist VHS version was the theatrical cut. I had that version as well but prefer the international cut that was on laserdisc. I really dislike the Director Cut that was released on Widescreen VHS and DVD.
Old 02-01-07, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
I probably shouldn't have said "all" VHS and laserdisc editions.

Embassy Home Video did release the US theatrical cut (pan & scan format) on both VHS and laserdisc briefly. This was quickly supplanted by the more widely available international cut, which was labelled on the packaging as containing "Never-before-seen footage!".

Originally Posted by james2025a
I am the self proclaimed biggest fan in the world of this movie and have in my possession copies of every cut so far released with the exception of the Ultimate cut that will be being released with the DVD pack later this year.
I have 8 different editions of the movie on laserdisc.
Old 02-01-07, 12:30 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Let the nerdiest pissing contest in history begin!
Old 02-01-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Has anyone heard any tentative dates for the release of this Ultimate set?
Old 02-01-07, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Let the nerdiest pissing contest in history begin!
Old 02-01-07, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Has anyone heard any tentative dates for the release of this Ultimate set?
The article from the first page says "summer". Is that tentative enough? My reasoning skills suggest late May, June, July, or August. Shouldn't really matter. IT'S COMING!!!
Old 02-01-07, 01:45 PM

i really hope this comes out soon............ SO EVERYONE CAN GET OVER IT.

honestly, i can see the importance of the film as a great influence on sci-fi but take away the style and atmosphere it really is just an average cop thriller and not nearly reaches the potential. and a film of this type could and should have been alot longer. i have seen all the cuts including the shaky camera bootleg and they dont really differ that much from one another. yet, anyone who says they hate blade runner is always dismissed as a fool with no taste. fanboys talking? can i hate blade runner?
Old 02-01-07, 01:50 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Originally Posted by kevkev
can i hate blade runner?
No; next silly question.
Old 02-01-07, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

yet, anyone who says they hate blade runner is always dismissed as a fool with no taste. fanboys talking? can i hate blade runner?
You're a fool with neither taste nor grammar.

Thanks for the threadcrap. We enjoyed it ever so much.

Old 02-01-07, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honestly, i can see the importance of the film as a great influence on sci-fi but take away the style and atmosphere it really is just an average cop thriller and not nearly reaches the potential. and a film of this type could and should have been alot longer. i have seen all the cuts including the shaky camera bootleg and they dont really differ that much from one another. yet, anyone who says they hate blade runner is always dismissed as a fool with no taste. fanboys talking? can i hate blade runner?
I've always hated statements like that. Of course taking away a key component of a film would make it worse.
Old 02-01-07, 06:41 PM
Banned

anyone who says they hate blade runner is always dismissed as a fool with no taste.
More like a person who is incapable of any semblance of philosophical thought.
Old 02-01-07, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

...sometimes the warm sentiments shared among people who post in forums can be overwhelming...
Old 02-02-07, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

Pick a film you are passionate about that their has been different cuts, bootlegs, controversy, etc... now read your comments to yourself and pretend someone else wrote them. Get the picture?
Old 02-02-07, 01:51 PM

blade runner fans seem to just deny there's anything less than perfect about it. i'm not saying it's garbage. i just think it's aged pretty badly. you think it's flawless?
Old 02-02-07, 03:12 PM
Banned

blade runner fans seem to just deny there's anything less than perfect about it. i'm not saying it's garbage. i just think it's aged pretty badly. you think it's flawless?
Has anyone in this thread insinuated that it is flawless?

You are batting .1000 this week, between this thread and your "those chaps in iraq dont sell you yanks oil for 10 cents a barrell...." statement.
Old 02-02-07, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Giles
btw, HDNet Movies is re-airing 'Blade Runner' in HiDef (obviousily) in March.
Awesome!
Old 02-02-07, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Blade Runner was on AMC this week. I only caught the last 10 minutes of it. It was with the narration and with the flying off into the clouds ending, but I don't know if it included the unicorn dream. I also don't know how much of the gore was included when Tyrell gets his head squeezed.
Old 02-02-07, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ukywyldcat
Blade Runner was on AMC this week. I only caught the last 10 minutes of it. It was with the narration and with the flying off into the clouds ending, but I don't know if it included the unicorn dream.
The unicorn dream is not present in any version of the movie featuring the narration or Stupid Happy Ending.
Old 02-03-07, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I saw the DC first and I had a burn of the TC on DVD and I tried to watch it and I couldn't get through a minute of the narration. God I hated it.
Old 02-03-07, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't really like the narration too much, but I'm strangely fond of it - kinda like the Yub Yub song from ROTJ.

"Sushi. That's what my ex-wife called me"
Old 02-06-07, 02:54 AM

Personally I would find the inclusion of both theatical versions rather redundant, especially since the differences between two are largely cosmetic and nowhere as drastic as with the director's cut.
Old 02-06-07, 08:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Takeshi357
Personally I would find the inclusion of both theatical versions rather redundant, especially since the differences between two are largely cosmetic and nowhere as drastic as with the director's cut.
Methinks we'll get the international cut, director's cut...and final cut.
Old 02-06-07, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Z
I probably shouldn't have said "all" VHS and laserdisc editions.

Embassy Home Video did release the US theatrical cut (pan & scan format) on both VHS and laserdisc briefly. This was quickly supplanted by the more widely available international cut, which was labelled on the packaging as containing "Never-before-seen footage!".

I have 8 different editions of the movie on laserdisc.
That is what i mean't. Not ALL VHS versions were the International Cut. And congratulations on the number of copies of the movie you have. You still have some catching up to do though.
Old 02-06-07, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by james2025a
And congratulations on the number of copies of the movie you have. You still have some catching up to do though.
Lay it on us. What do you have.
Old 02-06-07, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lt Ripley
You are batting .1000 this week, between this thread and your "those chaps in iraq dont sell you yanks oil for 10 cents a barrell...." statement.
Actually, I believe you meant, 'batting 1.000'. 0.1000 is batting 100

Back on topic; while I'm not a huge fan of the movie, I have always found it enjoyable. I am not looking for any deep philosophical message, I just want to be entertained. And the movie does that.

But I can also understand why people think the fandom is overblown as well. If those that aren't as 'into it', approached it as just a movie, I think they can appreciate it more. I had a friend that for him, the movie became a 'personal Jesus'. He raved on at the pinnacle of movie making and a form of theology. Yet, when I finally saw it, kind of said "Yeah, OK". It wasn't a waste of time, but just wasn't the mind expanding experience that I was expecting.

That's the thing about movies, everyone comes away with their own personal experience. It is all a product of our lives and relationships. I could probably name a dozen movies that made huge box office that I view as a waste of celluloid (or more recently, disk space). (I won't do so, fortunately)

That being said, I know I will get the multi-disk release. Particularly if there are commentary tracks. This is an important movie, but to me, it's just a movie.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.