Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Anchor Bay Bava Set Vol. 1 (4/3/2007)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-07, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by soop
It seems kind of lame that "Kill Baby..." is coming out in two different versions at the same time.

Bava fans will have to buy it in the Box, then buy it again from Dark Sky to get the supplements (and possibly better transfer).

It would be nice if these companies could get together and hash something out for the sake of the fans.

Not the end of the world, I know, but still kind of annoying.

Dark Sky has cancelled their release....

bummer about the commentary. With less than a month away from release, it seems that this dvd might have already existed in a warehouse somewhere.
Old 03-02-07, 01:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tim Lucas's Blog seems to indicate that he has had a response to his inquiry to Dark Sky and that while something is up, the disc is not cancelled, but he cannot comment further.

What the hell is the deal with all the DRAMA regarding Bava DVD releases? The Anchor Bay back-peddle announcments and now this...

Last edited by Carcosa; 03-02-07 at 01:29 AM.
Old 03-02-07, 02:40 AM

Yep,

Originally Posted by Cameron
With less than a month away from release, it seems that this dvd might have already existed in a warehouse somewhere.
reviewers already have it. Darksky films also took their next two releases down on their site. They had something written up about this release, but now it's gone for some reason.
Old 03-02-07, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

what a strange thing to happen.
Old 03-29-07, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
The Anchor Bay Bava Set Vol 1 along with Kidnapped are in-stock at diabolikdvd.com and xploitedcinema.com

Last edited by TomOpus; 03-29-07 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-30-07, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DD has the Bava set for $29.99, just got shipping confirmation.
Old 04-26-07, 02:11 AM
Banned

I just watched BLACK SUNDAY (aka MASK OF SATAN) through Netflix and luved it!! It's the first BAVA film I've seen. In this BAVA dvd set, does each movie come in it's own individual packaging? I was thinking about purchasing this set just for BLACK SUNDAY and sell off the other films.

KC
Old 04-26-07, 05:26 AM

The movies in the set are all in individual slimline cases.
Old 04-26-07, 05:49 AM
Banned

Thanx JimT.

Kenny C.
Old 04-26-07, 05:52 AM

pbishop, you are confusing. If you liked the first Bava film you saw why wouldn't you just keep the set and watch them all and give them a try? It is poor logic and I am quite confused by it.
Old 04-26-07, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by pbishop69
I just watched BLACK SUNDAY (aka MASK OF SATAN) through Netflix and luved it!! It's the first BAVA film I've seen. In this BAVA dvd set, does each movie come in it's own individual packaging? I was thinking about purchasing this set just for BLACK SUNDAY and sell off the other films.

KC
You should at least give Black Sabbath and Kill, Baby...Kill! a try. They both share elements of gothic horror with Black Sunday. The final story of Black Sabbath (A Drop of Water) is considered to be Bava's masterpiece.
Old 04-26-07, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pbishop69
I was thinking about purchasing this set just for BLACK SUNDAY and sell off the other films.
Since Black Sunday was your first Bava film and you luved it, why would you be so quick to sell off the others. Might you not luv those as well?
Old 04-26-07, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just got my set from DDD today. Looks beautiful.
Old 04-26-07, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by alfonsosoriano
Just got my set from DDD today. Looks beautiful.
I was hoping mine would be here today... hopefully tomorrow
Old 04-29-07, 08:33 PM

I received my Bava set from DD and every disc in it was a 'floater' and scratched to hell. Is this a common problem with my set, or do I just have bad luck?
Old 04-29-07, 10:36 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine arrived from DD last week, and none were floaters or scratched up. Sounds like bad luck.
Old 04-29-07, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Mine was fine too.
Old 04-30-07, 08:53 AM

Thanks guys. That makes me feel a little better about receiving a replacement.
Old 04-30-07, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I wonder if the box might've taken quite a hit to make all the discs loose.

Anywho, not that I expected anything different, but I compared Kill, Baby...Kill! with the version that is in the "4 Movies Blood Bath" set. Night and day... night and day...
Old 05-10-07, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
can someone post pictures of how the box set houses the dvds??
Old 05-10-07, 08:23 AM

Old 05-10-07, 09:19 AM

The set is now $23.98 at DD.
Old 05-25-07, 11:05 AM

Twich of the Death Nerve--Image disc question

Hey guys, can anyone who owns the original Image Bava collection release of Twitch of the Death Nerve--preferably someone who bought it in-store when it was still in print--please tell if your actual disc is all gray/silver with the movie title at the top in a silver/reflective hue? Or is the front cover art printed on instead? I have what I'm almost positive is a common bootleg, in a knockoff-amaray case, with a 'zoom-in' of the front cover art on the disc. But my Image discs of Black Sunday and Black Sabbath, which I know are legit, have the gray/silver design. A member on another forum told me his Twitch was the gray/silver like the other Bava collection discs, which makes perfect logical sense. I've now been trying to track an authentic one used on amazon, ebay, etc. and most sellers are reporting the cover art disc design. Either there are a lot of bootlegs of this one floating around, or...Image changed it at some point, which I dont buy. Thanks.
Old 05-25-07, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Alkaline
Hey guys, can anyone who owns the original Image Bava collection release of Twitch of the Death Nerve--preferably someone who bought it in-store when it was still in print--please tell if your actual disc is all gray/silver with the movie title at the top in a silver/reflective hue? Or is the front cover art printed on instead? I have what I'm almost positive is a common bootleg, in a knockoff-amaray case, with a 'zoom-in' of the front cover art on the disc. But my Image discs of Black Sunday and Black Sabbath, which I know are legit, have the gray/silver design. A member on another forum told me his Twitch was the gray/silver like the other Bava collection discs, which makes perfect logical sense. I've now been trying to track an authentic one used on amazon, ebay, etc. and most sellers are reporting the cover art disc design. Either there are a lot of bootlegs of this one floating around, or...Image changed it at some point, which I dont buy. Thanks.

I own the original image release of Twitch and yes, the disc is a silver, relective surface.

Also, the orignal image release was in a snapper case with a fold out of linear notes.
Old 05-25-07, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
I own the original image release of Twitch and yes, the disc is a silver, relective surface.

Also, the orignal image release was in a snapper case with a fold out of linear notes.
Thank you, Matthew. You are the third person to solidify this for me. The only reason I've been slightly on the fence over these 'cover art on disc' copies is because the people (including you now) who have told me they have the all silver one have the original snapcase release. As you probably know, Image did in fact switch over from snappers to amarays for the bava collection, with the liner notes as an insert booklet instead of the gatefold cover (even confirmed this with Image)--so I thought there was, maybe, a small chance image changed the disc design on Twitch for the amray. I own the official amaray verison of Black Sabbath, BUT it's the same silver disc design as my Black Sunday, which is the original snapper--so it makes no sense to me Image would change only Twitch for the amaray version. Guess there are just a ton of bootlegs of Twitch!

Last edited by Alkaline; 05-25-07 at 11:28 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.