Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Detroit Pistons 11-disc DVD set is missing footage

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-10-06, 03:25 AM

I just got the 11-disc "Motor City Madness" set of the Detroit Pistons 88-89 NBA championship. It features all of the games from the conference finals and the finals. The box says that the games are in their entirely, but a preliminary scan of the discs reveals that is FALSE.

I played a few minutes of all of the discs just to make sure they would work in my player, and I noticed that on Disc 4 (game 4 of the ECF), the first 2:28 of the 4th quarter was missing. I watched the last few seconds of the 3rd quarter, and then it jumped to 9:32 in the 4th quarter.

This is the only missing footage that I noticed. But since I only watched a few minutes of each disc, it is possible that there is more missing footage.

On the Warner Home Video web site, they have a customer service email: [email protected]

But an email I sent to them bounced back to me with this pathetic error:
Error delivering to whvcustserv; Cannot store document; database has too many unique field names. Please ask your administrator to compact the database.
I wanted to ask them if they could fix the problem. What do you guys think? Is there any chance that they'd fix the problem and release updated sets without the missing footage?

Last edited by sldvd; 12-10-06 at 03:27 AM.
Old 12-10-06, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I didn't know this DVD existed? Is it on Amazon?
Old 12-10-06, 11:52 AM
Banned

Hmm... Haven't had a chance to check out my set yet. That sucks.
Old 12-10-06, 01:03 PM

I've seen it everywhere, including Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/NBA-Detroit-Pi...dp/B000I2JDFS/
Old 12-10-06, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Chances are there probably isn't going to be a replacement. Most likely those games were taken off condensed games that were aired on NBA-TV. They probably had to be edited down for time constraints. It isn't Warner Home Video's fault, they just weren't just given the complete materials from the NBA.
Old 12-10-06, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Chances are there probably isn't going to be a replacement. Most likely those games were taken off condensed games that were aired on NBA-TV. They probably had to be edited down for time constraints. It isn't Warner Home Video's fault, they just weren't just given the complete materials from the NBA.
If that is the case, then wouldn't they be guilty of misleading advertising? They say the games are in their entirety.