Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Outer Limits: Original Series DVD Inquiry

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-06-06, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those who have purchased the Season One and Season Two sets recently (Since the price reduction) Did either set come with the booklets? I purchased Season 1 & 2 from the B1G1F sale going on at DDD. Neither one had the booklets. I attempted to email MGM on their website and I got a reply that it failed to deliver.
I assume this is because Sony took over distribution of MGMs library and due to the price reduction they decided not to include the printed booklets?

Anyone have any info?
Old 12-06-06, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
Both of mine (purchased last year) included booklets.

Count yourself lucky if all of the DVDs in season two work. I had to return Season Two about ten times to get a set that wasn't defective. Literally took months to finally find a working set.
Old 12-07-06, 12:34 PM

My season one set is defective. On every player I've ever tried it on (at least a half dozen) it freezes on the episode Zzzzzz and the one on the disc after it. I've e-mailed Sony three times and have yet to receive a reply.

I actually pre-ordered it from Amazon Canada from when they first went on-line, at the time it cost me around half the US retail. If I hadn't been so slow in watching it I'd probably have made it to Zzzzzz earlier, before the MGM/Sony whatever-it-is...
Old 12-07-06, 08:27 PM

[QUOTE=Chris-K]My season one set is defective. On every player I've ever tried it on (at least a half dozen) it freezes on the episode Zzzzzz and the one on the disc after it. I've e-mailed Sony three times and have yet to receive a reply.

That's interesting but my season two has some kind of defect as well on a few episodes. Rather frustrating!