Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

[Superman] Ultimate Collector's Edition Super Blunder

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-06, 08:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wonder how many of these will get lost in the Christmas mail.
Old 12-07-06, 08:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Wonder how many of these will get lost in the Christmas mail.
I am not sure about anyone else but I am sending the disk to WB by Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. I want to make sure WB get's the disk. Whether they do the same to ship the correct one is another story. My guess is they will ship the worst cheapest method which is media mail...UGH!
Old 12-07-06, 11:07 AM

So I called today and was connected within a minute. They got all my information correct (I had them repeat and spell out my info) and the CSR girl said that the pre-paid mailer will take 7-10 days to arrive. She was actually very good and very polite. She spoke perfect english with a accent...I wanna say its hispanic...since im hispanic I can tell pretty well. I asked her where she was stationed at she says shes in California...San Jose I think she said.

So hopefully the re-sending of the messed up disc will go as smoothly as my phone call.
Old 12-07-06, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
anybody else notice this post in the bargains thread???

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=353
Old 12-07-06, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well Amazon is showing the set as now being in stock on December 14. Perhaps THEN they'll have the corrected versions.
Old 12-07-06, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Called them again today since i had no call back yet. Took my info and now to wait 7-10 days. Joy.
Old 12-07-06, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
I called today too. I only had to wait a couple minutes.
Old 12-07-06, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

We got a shipment in at work (Best Buy) this Monday. While I'm not sure what to look for on corrected versions of Superman: The Movie, I can report that Superman III does have the features listed.

I was shocked, to say the least.

K
Old 12-07-06, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
I posted this over in another thread but in case you didn't see because you are not looking for a bargain on this set here goes:
I picked up a copy of this set, the last one, yesterday at Target. Both the Superman I disc 1 and the Superman III disc 8 have everything they're supposed to. It seems like there have been some corrected sets that have hit the streets. Also, the cover art for the Look Up in the Sky documentary is a bit different than the cover art for the rest of the discs. However, it is not the same as the cover art for the original release, I have the 2-disc version, that came out several months ago. I hope this helps those that are still a bit confused. Now if only 5 of my discs, including the Superman I and Superman III dvds, weren't damaged I would be extremely happy. Now I have to wait until they get more sets in and exchange these discs for those and hope that they too have all of the advertised features. I sure wish that dvd production companies could figure out a way to manufacture and assemble dvd sets without jacking them all up. Also, the box that holds the dvds has some of the blue paint chipped away so I'll be looking to swap that out as well. The one thing that bugs me is when you go to the store and tell them you have a problem with a dvd or dvds they give you a crazy like like you have shit on your face. And then they simply want to try and give you another set without inspecting the new set and mxing and matching to put a good one together. I don't see why this is such a big deal to many customer service reps. It seems to me that they would understand that not only are you trying to save yourself from having to return several times to make more exchanges, but also save that particular company money by not getting 4 or 5 sets to finally find one that satisifies. Well enough for my rant but I had to let that out.
Old 12-08-06, 02:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Anyone know what's happening with the Quebec shipments? I was told the sets were stopped by 'La Regie du Quebec' for i don't know what reason. Hell even Futureshop.ca took the set off their site. Also on Amazon.ca it appears to be sold out.

There is zero sets anywhere here in Montreal in ANY stores.

Anyone know wtf is going on?
Old 12-08-06, 02:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Is there any way to get the free posters in Canada?
Old 12-08-06, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i returned a set for a dented tin, and the box i brought home today has the corrected superman and superman 3 in it. The look up in the sky disc is still not the cover art listed on the back.

so now i don't even have to wait to get them back in the mail. The only diffrence is I could have swore the set I was watching last night (that has been returned for dents) listed theatrical and expanded on the disc for superman while the set i have in hand does not. I chalk this up to my limited memory.
Old 12-08-06, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Cameron
i returned a set for a dented tin, and the box i brought home today has the corrected superman and superman 3 in it. The look up in the sky disc is still not the cover art listed on the back.

so now i don't even have to wait to get them back in the mail. The only diffrence is I could have swore the set I was watching last night (that has been returned for dents) listed theatrical and expanded on the disc for superman while the set i have in hand does not. I chalk this up to my limited memory.
Cam, where did you buy from and return to? I take it by watching it, they allowed you to exchange with it being open?! Have a dented tin and debating to open it until I can exchange hopefully for an already corrected set. Just wanted to know which store. thanks.
Old 12-08-06, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

yah, i opened it last night and watched the donner cut, then just exchanged it (without reciept) at Best Buy. My Mother in law had picked it up in a BB in NY but didn't keep the reciept. They cut the new set open, which was no big deal as I wanted to keep it anyhow. Its good, because now i have a reciept to send off for the posters as well.

UPC for this new set is 0 12569 819122
Old 12-09-06, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Its good, because now i have a reciept to send off for the posters as well.
Actually this brings up a good point for me. I rarely order stuff off the internet and the Superman box was one of my firsts. Can anyone tell me whether the packing slip is considered a sales receipt by such offers or was there something else that needed to be printed out? Thanks
Old 12-09-06, 01:57 AM

UPC/SKU numbers

Are you sure about that? I bought the tin set at Costco on the release date and my UPC/SKU is 0 12569 81912 2. Does this mean I have the new updated set?

An earlier post (#175) on 11/30 has the same number for the original set that was before the release date.

Aside the UPC/SKU numbers, what do you look for on the DVDs in question to know if you have the updated ones?
Old 12-09-06, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i honestly don't know what the old set upc code is/was. But I am looking at the UPC code, and I do have the corrected disc...so they may not have changed teh UPC after all. I also popped the new code in over at dvdaf, and sure enough it pulls up the set, so I assume no change has taken place.

as far as looking for the changes...

put in disc 1 and select through the audio tracks. the corrected disc should have a 6.1 track, 2.0 english, 2.0 french, as well as the commentary track. the old disc will be missing the 2.0 english.

superman 3 will have the new menu and commentary tracks as well. from screenshots i had seen the "wrong" superman 3 even used the old menu, which is similar to the box art for the old snapper release.
Old 12-09-06, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Camp Blood
Is there any way to get the free posters in Canada?
No.
Old 12-09-06, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by laseca
Are you sure about that? I bought the tin set at Costco on the release date and my UPC/SKU is 0 12569 81912 2. Does this mean I have the new updated set?

An earlier post (#175) on 11/30 has the same number for the original set that was before the release date.

Aside the UPC/SKU numbers, what do you look for on the DVDs in question to know if you have the updated ones?
1. The UPC number are the same on both the incorrect sets and correct sets.
2. You have to pop in the discs to see which set you have . Check for the second English track on Superman I and all of the special features on Superman III. Finally, pray that none of your 14 discs are in crap shape like 5 of mine are including one with about an 1/8th of an inch crack in the outer ring. I hope that this helps.
Old 12-09-06, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

put in disc 1 and select through the audio tracks. the corrected disc should have a 6.1 track, 2.0 english, 2.0 french, as well as the commentary track. the old disc will be missing the 2.0 english.
Actually, the 2.0 english isn't missing on the old disc. On the old disc, it's just the wrong soundtrack (a downconverted version of the new remix with new sound effects, etc. as opposed to the 1978 original mix).
Old 12-09-06, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

When is the best time/day to call that damn 800 number? I'm on EST and tried for an hour at 9:30 am today and about an hour at noon. Enough with the opera music please!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-06, 12:16 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 914 Likes on 774 Posts
This was probably asked way up there, but anyone get their mailers yet?
Old 12-09-06, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rizor
Actually, the 2.0 english isn't missing on the old disc. On the old disc, it's just the wrong soundtrack (a downconverted version of the new remix with new sound effects, etc. as opposed to the 1978 original mix).
ahh good to know. I watched it last night with the original track and everything seemed right in the world
Old 12-09-06, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
Originally Posted by sotra
When is the best time/day to call that damn 800 number? I'm on EST and tried for an hour at 9:30 am today and about an hour at noon. Enough with the opera music please!!!!!!!!
The other day I tried at 7:05 pm and got the message that they're open from 7am to 7pm PST Mon to Fri.

I thought that was strange since no one else has mentioned hearing such a message.
Old 12-09-06, 04:47 PM
Banned

I called early and as of today 12/9 no mailer yet..

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.