DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GuessWho
Anyone get mailers yet?

No, nothing yet.

Dirk
Old 12-13-06, 02:57 AM

16 days since I called and still nothing. Fucking WB.

I think for there blunder they should send posters without having to pay the 6 dollar shipping fee.
Old 12-13-06, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,676 Likes on 2,644 Posts
With it being the holidays and mail probably moving very slow, I think we can expect to get these envelopes by the end of the month at the soonest.
Old 12-13-06, 04:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MikeShaynePI
16 days since I called and still nothing. Fucking WB.

I think for there blunder they should send posters without having to pay the 6 dollar shipping fee.
DITTO!!!
Old 12-13-06, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder since I got mine from BN.com if I could exchange it for a corrected one at our local BN even though the set is open? Mailers are on the way but I'm getting impatient like everyone else here.
Old 12-13-06, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Amazon, Best Buy.com, and Circuit City.com are not selling the box set at the moment. I guess that means that Warner has finally recalled the set and will hopefully fix them. I have an unopened set, but I guess I'll have to wait longer now to exchange it.
Old 12-13-06, 02:42 PM
Banned

I called when this first was noticed, no mailer as of today. Yesterday I said the hell with it and I bought Superman III Deluxe Edition and switched it with the bare bones one in the Ultimate set. How freaking long do we have to wait AFTER we get the mailer and send it out? WB is taking this long sending out a mailer, they will no doubt take their time sending the replacement disk...What a mess!
Old 12-13-06, 03:03 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 935 Likes on 783 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildo1966
I called when this first was noticed, no mailer as of today. Yesterday I said the hell with it and I bought Superman III Deluxe Edition and switched it with the bare bones one in the Ultimate set. How freaking long do we have to wait AFTER we get the mailer and send it out? WB is taking this long sending out a mailer, they will no doubt take their time sending the replacement disk...What a mess!
now the single disc of III DE has different art work than what will be the correct one in the UE, correct? i was going to get it too and say the hell with sending any back, but then realized it might not match and i do think that would bother me...
Old 12-13-06, 06:53 PM
crs

Originally Posted by scott1598
now the single disc of III DE has different art work than what will be the correct one in the UE, correct? i was going to get it too and say the hell with sending any back, but then realized it might not match and i do think that would bother me...
Disc art doesn't match. Doesn't bother me though, I replaced it.
Old 12-13-06, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by crs
Disc art doesn't match. Doesn't bother me though, I replaced it.
Yep, I did the same. Doesn't bother me. To hell with this messup, I'm very impatient. And the mono soundtrack missing on Superman I doesn't bother me either.
Old 12-13-06, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
The corrected disc might not have matching artwork either. Perhaps they'll send us the single Superman III SE DVD as the replacement. We'll know soon enough.
Old 12-14-06, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

nope. because i already have the corrected versions, and they match the box sets.....you should have just tried swapping the set out without a reciept at Best Buy. I got new disc, as did DSA Shea. Their out there, just have to find them.
Old 12-14-06, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron
nope. because i already have the corrected versions, and they match the box sets.....you should have just tried swapping the set out without a reciept at Best Buy. I got new disc, as did DSA Shea. Their out there, just have to find them.
Any idea how to tell the difference between old sets and the new? Everything I've seen has the same UPC and same stickers on the front. I was hoping there would be some running change so you could easily figure this out. Got mine at Costco and they still have a bunch that look identical. I'd love to exchange it since I got mine the day it came out and has to be flawed.
Old 12-14-06, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron
Cameron, you said "corrected versions", does that mean you had the STM with the original audio track in your box? I exchanged my box and the new one only included the correct S3 but still the wrong STM.

Dirk
Old 12-14-06, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 634 Likes on 488 Posts
Well I finally called back with my UPC number and the envelopes will arrive in 7 to 10 days. I asked about Look, Up In The Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman but the young lady on the line (spoke good English btw) assured me nothing was going to be done about that.
Old 12-14-06, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by cisman
I wonder since I got mine from BN.com if I could exchange it for a corrected one at our local BN even though the set is open? Mailers are on the way but I'm getting impatient like everyone else here.
I am doing just that, with no problem (so they say). I am just waiting for them to get one in. It's still "on order."
Old 12-14-06, 01:48 PM

Let me know how it goes bloomcounty. I might give that a try myself...is yours opened though?
Old 12-14-06, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by bloomcounty
I am doing just that, with no problem (so they say). I am just waiting for them to get one in. It's still "on order."
I, too, am going to exchange at Barnes & Noble. I got an email from them today saying it was expected in my store 1/16/07, so I may have a bit of a wait ahead of me. My copy is opened and I asked them about it--they said they would still exchange it.
Old 12-14-06, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
Cameron, you said "corrected versions", does that mean you had the STM with the original audio track in your box? I exchanged my box and the new one only included the correct S3 but still the wrong STM.

Dirk
yes, to the best of my knowledge it is the corrected audio track for Superman the movie. If someone has certain time codes i can compare the two with It would be appreciated
Old 12-15-06, 07:13 AM

You can compare it with the help of this thread:
http://thecinemaforums.com/forums/vi...?p=78056#78056

Dirk
Old 12-15-06, 11:42 AM

Uh when I called WB, they didn't ask for the UPC code.

Do you guys think this could somehow affect whether or not they send me the replacement discs?
Old 12-15-06, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,306 Likes on 950 Posts
Check the previous posts....they haven't been asking for the UPC for awhile. I think they stopped once they realized:
a) they were all the same
b) people already threw away the cardboard piece that had the UPC and didn't know it
c) they realized it was dumb to ask it in the first place
Old 12-15-06, 03:40 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 935 Likes on 783 Posts
i thought some people would get their envelopes already. i thought i would have seen it. this makes me a little concerned...
Old 12-15-06, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
You can compare it with the help of this thread:
http://thecinemaforums.com/forums/vi...?p=78056#78056

Dirk
Thanks. Looks like i made need an envelope after all. This is how I tested in case anyone wants to give a listen. at 10:14 into the film the dome is opening up. As soon as the beam of light clears the tower, a sound effect is heard on The 5.1 mix, as well as the 2.0 english track. However the french track does not have the sound effect. The corrected version should also be absent this sound on the 2.0 english mix.

I watched this movie last week with the 2.0 track and didn't realize it, as I didn't know what I was looking for. Since my UPC was the same as everyone else, I can only hope that when a corrected set comes about they do change the code. Though it is nice having all those Superman 3 extras at the ready, I assume many of you with unopened box sets might be in the same boat with me.

Furthermore. I am amazed at the hostility at the above forum, and to a lesser degree this one with Warner Brothers. They made a mistake no doubt, but even before release date had a plan on how to resolve it. It keeps box sets under the Christmas Tree, while offering a fix in due course. While I'm sure everyone invloved would have loved to have a perfect set first time out, Warner has gone above and beyond by replacing Superman Disc 1.

Warner is hardly the bad guys in the dvd world, and all the angst is off putting when you step back and realize the good work they have done across the board on classic films and catalog titles. They have made very few mistakes in the past few years, and have always corrected them. Just be patient, remember mail is always slower this time of year, and who knows what the circumstances are that are holding the envelopes back.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.