Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

[Superman] Ultimate Collector's Edition Super Blunder

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-06, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wahlers
So is there any reason (supplements, commentaries, audio tracks, etc.) to keep the original Superman DVD after getting the Ultimate Box (with corrected Superman (I) DVD)?
No reason to keep the original -- all the features were ported over.

I would suggest tipping the set to listen for rattlers before buying -- I tipped mine and heard just the dull thump of the holographic case, but I tipped others and distinctly heard loose discs hitting the side of the tin -- definitely was not the case or the booklets.

Just called the 800 number and was told as above-- mailers in 7 days, replacements in 2-3 weeks.
Old 11-29-06, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To anyone else who ordered this from B&N:

I just checked my account, and it says this in my order:

This part of your order is expected to ship on December 28, 2006

I called and asked about it and the CSR told me that the manufactuer contacted them letting them know that there was a mistake with the release of the set, and that they are going to rerelease this set with all of the correct discs included on 12/28/06.
Old 11-29-06, 02:18 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BrentLumkin

I called and asked about it and the CSR told me that the manufactuer contacted them letting them know that there was a mistake with the release of the set, and that they are going to rerelease this set with all of the correct discs included on 12/28/06.
Same here. I had to breathe a sigh of relief after reading your post because I thought it was their way of gradually cancelling my order to avoid selling it to me for 50% off retail. Since it would take a month to get the replacement discs mailed to me through Warners replacement program anyway, and I have about ten trillion other unwatched DVDs to break in, it's just as well.
Old 11-29-06, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got mine at Target and gave it the ol' shake. Could barely hear anything, which is a good sign. I also shook it from side to side and could hear the discs, but it's not the loose sound. It's that "they're on the hub" sound.

BTW, what is required on the poster deal?
Old 11-29-06, 02:34 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Guess the next question is when we buy the set in Dec, how do we know we're getting the corrected version?
Old 11-29-06, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
I got mine at Target and gave it the ol' shake. Could barely hear anything, which is a good sign. I also shook it from side to side and could hear the discs, but it's not the loose sound. It's that "they're on the hub" sound.

BTW, what is required on the poster deal?
Original UPC Bar code, receipt and $5.80 for shipping and handling.
Old 11-29-06, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Fok
Guess the next question is when we buy the set in Dec, how do we know we're getting the corrected version?
A different UPC will appear on the corrected sets.
Old 11-29-06, 02:58 PM

I called the 800 number today and it was a bit difficult considering the guy I spoke with was.....well let's just say english was not his first language. I had to spell everything out slloowwwly so I HOPE he wrote everything down correctly. Even after he repeated some of my info I'm still a bit worried.

Unlike some other posts, I was asked for my name, address, phone number, the last 5 digits of the serial number (the one under the bar code), when I bought it, where I bought it, how many copies I bought and was told I'd be sent a pre-paid envelope in 7-10 days and that as soon as they got the disc (I'm only sending in the "Superman III" DVD as the sound issue on the first one doesn't bother me in the slightest) my replacement would be sent out but I was not given a time frame on that. I would hope within a month's time.
Old 11-29-06, 03:24 PM

Problem with remastering of Superman I Director's Cut?

http://www.supermancinema.co.uk/dail...ws/index.shtml

I actually noticed this as well, just spot checking the discs. The Director's Cut of Superman: The Movie just looks, well, worse than the Theatrical Release. Is it possible there's a problem here as well?

Somebody figure it out so WB can include that disc as well in the new sets if it is indeed defective! Thanks!
Old 11-29-06, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I went to my car and quickly opened the set. no loose discs.

Love the packaging. The case that holds the discs is very similar to Fox's POTA set.
Old 11-29-06, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin

I got this email from them today:

"Dear Customer ,

We regret to inform you that our supplier has changed the release date on the pre-ordered merchandise listed below. We expect to ship the item(s) soon and will send you an email when it is ready to leave our warehouse. If we cannot acquire the merchandise within 30 days, we will notify you by email.

We assume that you still want to purchase this merchandise. However, if you would like to cancel any unshipped portion of your order, you may do so online at: http://www.bn.com/orderstatus

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay.

-- Barnes&Noble.com"
Old 11-29-06, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 137 Posts
I got mine at Target yesterday morning, and they only had 4 out. I had to pick something else up at Best Buy around 7pm and they were all gone.
Old 11-29-06, 06:35 PM

I just got my order in from Amazon.com today, and all I can say is everyone else who ordered from Amazon, I hope the person who packed my tin did not pack your's.

All they did was slip it inside one of those large manilla padded envelopes. The tin arrived so badly damaged it won't even open.
Old 11-29-06, 06:41 PM

I just got my order in from Amazon.com today, and all I can say is everyone else who ordered from Amazon, I hope the person who packed my tin did not pack your's.

All they did was slip it inside one of those large manilla padded envelopes. The tin arrived so badly damaged it won't even open.
That sucks! I have never heard of Amazon shipping anything inside of a padded envelope... My Ultimate Superman Collection came from Amazon and it was shipped in their usual fashion: The tin was shrink wrapped to a piece of cardboard to prevent damage and then shipped in a sturdy outer box.

Are you sure that you didn't order yours from an Amazon Marketplace seller?
Old 11-29-06, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by packaok
That sucks! I have never heard of Amazon shipping anything inside of a padded envelope... My Ultimate Superman Collection came from Amazon and it was shipped in their usual fashion: The tin was shrink wrapped to a piece of cardboard to prevent damage and then shipped in a sturdy outer box.

Are you sure that you didn't order yours from an Amazon Marketplace seller?
Yeah, positive I didn't order from a marketplace seller. I already filled out the information on Amazon.com for a return / exchange. I came home from work and saw the big envelope sitting beside the back door and couldn't figure out what it was until I saw it, and then I couldn't believe it was actually packed in such a way.

This is a first, because as you stated, every other DVD set I've purchased from them is shrinkwrapped to cardboard and placed in a box with some of those air plastic bubbles. Disappointing, but not the end of the world -- I just posted to give everyone else a heads up incase it happens to them, too.
Old 11-29-06, 07:56 PM

I just called at 8:45 EST. Took about 15 minutes to get through with some classcial radio station running as hold music. Once I got through it only took about 3 minutes but had to spell everything twice like the poster above said. Hopefully they can deliver on the two week turn around on the replacement discs.
Old 11-29-06, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
I'm still on hold!
Old 11-29-06, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,771 Likes on 2,702 Posts
I've been on hold for almost 12 minutes!! The 1st time I tried an operator finally answered and said "Can you please hold?" and then the line disconnected after 18 minutes!! This really sucks ass!!!
Old 11-29-06, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

25 min on hold and counting
Old 11-29-06, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Yay! After 36 minutes, I finally got through!
Old 11-29-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i would rather wait a month for the replacements to be in-store than wait 1/2 hour on hold, then speak with a guy that can't speak english!! good luck to all on phone orders
Old 11-29-06, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Finally got through!!! They took all my info down and gave me an order number (although what it's good for?) Hopefully I see an envelope in the next week or 2
Old 11-29-06, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Anyone here going to only send Superman 3 and pass on the Superman 1 1978 audio track fix?
Old 11-29-06, 08:37 PM

15 minutes on hold and it is done. It really wasn't all that bad.
Old 11-29-06, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Anyone here going to only send Superman 3 and pass on the Superman 1 1978 audio track fix?
I'm doing both just because that's what I'm entitled to. Sure I may not be able to tell the difference in the audio track but that is what was supposed to be in the box and that's what I should get.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.