Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone Think Batman Movies Will Be Re-Released W/Current Movie?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-06, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just wondering if anyones thinks the batman movies will be re released as a big ass box set when the series done? I know Batman 2 is going to be released in the theaters next summer so I was thinking maybe they'll do a huge ass box set? Or do you think they'll just keep the anthology and then do another box set for the newer ones?
Old 09-03-06, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know, the new Batman films are not related to the other films... but when money is in the picture, anything is possible. In my honest opinion though, the new set of Batman movies shouldn't be sold with the old ones.
Old 09-03-06, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They won't dare put the new series with the old, otherwise, Begins would have been in the Anthology boxset.

Keep them separate as they should be. I don't know about a boxset of BB and TDK after TDK comes out. Most likely they will wait until after the third one. I do, however, see a re-release of BB with better extras maybe. Commentary, please. Batman Begins is one movie I would gladly double-dip on.
Old 09-03-06, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by mzupeman2
I don't know, the new Batman films are not related to the other films... but when money is in the picture, anything is possible. In my honest opinion though, the new set of Batman movies shouldn't be sold with the old ones.

I agree. Warner is not selling the Christopher Reeve Supermans with the new Superman Returns, so I doubt we would ever see a batman collection with the old and current set of movies.
Old 09-03-06, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by waylonsmithers
I agree. Warner is not selling the Christopher Reeve Supermans with the new Superman Returns, so I doubt we would ever see a batman collection with the old and current set of movies.
Actually, they are! The new 14 disc boxed set will include Superman Returns.
Old 09-03-06, 12:32 PM
Banned

Actually, they are! The new 14 disc boxed set will include Superman Returns.
I thought that had been scrapped in favor of a smaller box that only had the Reeves movies at the earlier poster suggested.
Old 09-03-06, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/superman5.html

It's Reeves only with Supergirl on there for R1 it seems, where region 2 gets all the Reeves film with no Supergirl it seems...

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...ollection.html
Old 09-03-06, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

if it happens it will be a very very long time coming.....and I don't ever really expect the Batman franchise to be done...its a viable WB property....they won't stop until it doesn't make money....might take several years off in between, but will probably have batman movies until we are all dead & buried
Old 09-03-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts
Originally Posted by phatboy
I know Batman 2 is going to be released in the theaters next summer
Minor correction, but Batman 2 (aka The Dark Knight) won't be released until Summer 2008, not 2007...

As for big ass box set with all the Batman movies? Probably not. They'll no doubt re-release the original series in HD as well as the 3 (rumored) Nolan ones as separate sets. They probably would get more money that way anyways...
Old 09-03-06, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I swear I seem to remember hearing something back on "Batman on DVD Day!" about how Christopher Nolan had it in the contract, or someone did, that the new flicks would never be paired up with the previous Batman movies. I don't even think they were sold on the same Batman display in stores.
Old 09-04-06, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i don't think Christopher Nolan has that kind of clout when it comes to WB and Batman...I'm not even sure he had final cut on the movie...
Old 09-04-06, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

dont think its gonna happen