Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Angel DVD set?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-06, 12:53 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel DVD set?

So, I've noticed that the Buffy set seems to have got a reprint or something, since it's at DDD and Amazon right now. Could this be a sign of an upcoming Angel set?

Honestly, my searches bring up nothing. Anybody have the inside scoop?
Old 08-26-06, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So, I've noticed that the Buffy set seems to have got a reprint or something, since it's at DDD and Amazon right now. Could this be a sign of an upcoming Angel set?
There have been no announcements and the only real hint that we have toward the possibility of it coming out is that R2 has one, but then again R2 has a lot more complete sets that we get here stateside... But honestly I wouldn't be surprised if one came out this xmas or not... but then again, Fox could be possibly gearing up for HD/Blu...
Old 08-26-06, 06:01 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Let's hope so. I've only purchased the First Season, thus far, and I just missed out on a sale at Future Shop, where they were $30 each. I had more important things to buy, like the Chosen Collection.
Old 08-26-06, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, since they are re-releasing the season sets in slimcases, I would think a complete box set would be rather cheap, compared to the Buffy one. You could probably get the slimcases for $25-$30 a piece. So, if a complete box set was to come out, I would think it would be about $120.

If it comes for that cheap, I would sell off my season sets in a heartbeat for a smaller set and a bonus disc.
Old 08-26-06, 11:10 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

When was it confirmed that they would be re-releasing the series in slimpacks? No wonder the digipacks were so cheap for the last month. I may sell my Season 1 set off and buy all of them in the slimpack packaging, if a complete set isn't announced. I prefer the convenience of the slimpacks.
Old 08-26-06, 11:24 PM

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6303
Old 08-27-06, 07:23 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Thanks for the link.