Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Feast (Project Greenlight) - 10/17

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-06, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Feast (Project Greenlight) - 10/17

Patrick at Davis DVD unveild the goods today on Feast (which I was lucky to catch at the Savannah Film Festival last year).

Specs/Features include:

- Unrated Cut of the Movie (ooh, even better)
- 1.85:1/2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen (I don't remember which for sure)
- 5.1 Surround
- Commentary by director John Gulugar and members of the production team
- Deleted Scenes
- "Horror Under the Spotlight: The Making of Feast"
- "The Blood and Guts of Gary Tunnicliffe"
- Outtakes/Bloopers
- Trailer Gallery

Cover Art:

Retail is 28.95.

The horror fan I am, I'm psyched enough that it's coming in October. But the same day as The Omen... :drools:
Old 08-19-06, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's funny, on Project Greenlight they kept the creatures identity hidden the entire time, and now they plaster it on the cover of the DVD.
Old 08-19-06, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They look cooler
Spoiler:
when they're running around with creepy cattle skulls masking their faces.
Old 08-19-06, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Looking forward to this.
Old 08-19-06, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome news...now if only they'd announce PGL3 box set with this included.

MATT
Old 08-19-06, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My friend said this was one of his favorite horror films of last year so I'm eagerly awaiting this release. Looks like they packed it full of good stuff too.
Old 08-19-06, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It is. The best part is, a majority of the deaths are from characters you'd NEVER expect to die.

Spoiler:
I LOVED the fact that they had the balls to off the little kid right after they said he'd live for being a kid.
Old 08-19-06, 06:01 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Eagerly anticipating this.
Old 08-29-06, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Seantn
It's funny, on Project Greenlight they kept the creatures identity hidden the entire time, and now they plaster it on the cover of the DVD.
And the cover of Fangoria, as well:

Old 08-30-06, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I'll blind buy this. I've heard some pretty good things about it.
Old 08-30-06, 08:15 AM

I watched the whole PG season, but never actually got to see the movie. Will probably rent this first, but it looked pretty good, and despite my usual disdain for horror, this could make good Halloween viewing.
Old 08-30-06, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gulager was such an underdog, and word has been pretty positive about Feast. Definitely renting it when it comes out.
Old 08-30-06, 08:46 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Trailer: http://www.fangoria.com/feast/Feast.mov
Old 08-30-06, 10:17 AM

is this coming out theatrically as well?

it was in entertainment weekly's Fall Movie Preview.
Old 08-30-06, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Editor: Buddha Jones
Old 08-30-06, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by AndyCleveland
is this coming out theatrically as well?

it was in entertainment weekly's Fall Movie Preview.
i think it's like a 2 day lmtd engagement
Old 08-30-06, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
Gulager was such an underdog, and word has been pretty positive about Feast. Definitely renting it when it comes out.
Gulager might have been an underdog....but IMO he was just a retard. During the whole of PG he just seemed to be way out of his depth, he didn't seem to inspire anyone, he didn't seem to have a clue what was going on half the time, and at times he seemed to seriously be digging his own grave (wanting to jump on a plane to meet directly with Harvey Wienstein...yeah he's going to love that idea John, wanting to employ everyone he knows as the cast rather than going for anyone that might actually be known).

They kept the monsters hidden on the entire series and i can see why. They look bloody awful. I found PG interesting because it demonstrated how NOT to go about making movie, but i will avoid this movie like the plague.
Old 09-06-06, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Wannabe
i think it's like a 2 day lmtd engagement
Not even a limited two day engagement. The film will only play at midnight on Friday, September 22nd and Saturday, September 23rd in 64 locations total.

However, in Vegas, the film will get an entire weekend to play at the Palms (only due to the fact the Maloofs own the Palms and they have money invested in the film).
Old 09-07-06, 08:51 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I really see no point in seeing this in the theatre if that cut is the trunscated R-rated version, I'll just wait and rent the 'unrated' video version.
Old 09-07-06, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by james2025a
Gulager might have been an underdog....but IMO he was just a retard. During the whole of PG he just seemed to be way out of his depth, he didn't seem to inspire anyone, he didn't seem to have a clue what was going on half the time, and at times he seemed to seriously be digging his own grave (wanting to jump on a plane to meet directly with Harvey Wienstein...yeah he's going to love that idea John, wanting to employ everyone he knows as the cast rather than going for anyone that might actually be known).

They kept the monsters hidden on the entire series and i can see why. They look bloody awful. I found PG interesting because it demonstrated how NOT to go about making movie, but i will avoid this movie like the plague.
And here's an example of the Catch-22 of PGL. On the one hand, its a competition to give an aspiring filmmaker their big break. On the other hand, its a tv show that aims to get the most entertainment value out of newbie filmmakers. And there's little entertainment value in the things that went smoothly. This has been a problem throughout PGL -- the people involved in making the movie are surprised on seeing the show making everyone look incompetent, when they thought the shoot had typical ups-and-downs and generally went well. Word from people that have seen it is that "Feast" is a solid little horror movie. If there was a major league screwup, it was with the marketing and release strategy.
Old 09-07-06, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Well it looked like a mess from what i saw. This is the thing with these reality shows....people that get given a bad rap always say afterwards "They portrayed me that way...i am not like that, they edited it to make me look bad." but the fact of the matter is that they did act like that because it was caught on film. Sure they can manipulate things by editing, but at the end of the day a person is responsible for their actions, and Gulagher did some things during PG that i found totally stupid for a man that had been given this opportunity. I could imagine that a lot of people were saying it wasn't as bad as it appeared simply to try and get some kind of damage control. They knew the film was going to have distribution problems and they needed as much help as they could muster. Of course it makes it more entertaining when everything goes arse over tit, if it all went as planned it would be damn boring. Maybe i am wrong and the movie is good, but for me i need more than low budget trashy horror movies to keep my interest.
Old 09-07-06, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
This is the thing with these reality shows....people that get given a bad rap always say afterwards "They portrayed me that way...i am not like that, they edited it to make me look bad." but the fact of the matter is that they did act like that because it was caught on film.
I'm sure that if the PGL crew followed any of us around non-stop, and edited together 30 minutes from a week of footage, they could make anyone look like a complete idiot. The thing is, this isn't the first time PGL has done this. It isn't even the 2nd. All 3 seasons they made everyone involved look like complete idiots. I find it more believable that PGL made them look that way, than Mirimax managing to fill their movie crew with idiots 3 years running. I'm not saying there weren't dumb things done -- but I don't think its a higher amount of stupidity than usual. Of course, its all speculation and opinions -- only those on set really know the story.

Maybe i am wrong and the movie is good, but for me i need more than low budget trashy horror movies to keep my interest.
"Feast", at every point in its production, always made it clear that it was a low budget trashy horror movie (albeit, trying to be a fun one). If that's not your cup of tea, then clearly this movie is not meant for you. After 2 feel-good indie coming-of-age stories, I thought this was a nice change of page for PGL. For me, its the first PGL movie that I'm actually looking forward to seeing (and expecting to enjoy it).
Old 09-07-06, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I remember someone telling me that the last season of PGL was about a horror movie, but I never got to see any of the episodes. Anyone know if they are going to have a box set of the series/movie like the first two?
Old 09-23-06, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw 'FEAST' tonight for it's two night midnight engagement(before it's off to dvd land),and it was a good gory fun time.

The Weinsteins are doing the film a disservice by not releasing it properly with the Halloween season. Where I expect,it would make anywhere between 10-20 million if marketed right.

It's a definite audience pleaser good time party type of film(those in attendence had a ball with it). And the film is very funny in spots(and intentionally so). It's perfect Halloween entertainment in the Dead Alive, From Dusk Til Dawn, Evil Dead 2 style.
Old 09-26-06, 01:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is the Feast DVD being delayed from 10/17? I was just updating my Blockbuster queue and noticed that they changed the release date to 12/19, and it is no longer available on Amazon. Maybe this means the Weinsteins have decided to do a wide theatrical run for Halloween after all?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.