James Bond: Ultimate Collections - Due 11/7/06

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

James Bond: Ultimate Collections - Due 11/7/06

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-06, 11:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Before I consider what I'm going to do, I'd like to first read some of the reviews for the R1 UE versions because there are really just a few I really would like to upgrade. Also I'm hoping that they will do what they did with the original SE's in that that came as sets first than as individuals. I unfortuantely will have to wait another month to make my decisions...
Old 09-09-06, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know if the Patrick Macnee-narrated documentaries on the previous issues are carried over to the UE set? Or if they're on the R2 reissues? They were, to me, the highlight of the previous set. I often watch them apart from the movies. If they're not on the UE, then it's a no sale for me.
Old 09-09-06, 03:17 PM

Ted Kontos-
From what I've read they are incldued in the UE ( At least the other regions, I haven't read any reviews of the R1, they should be about a month away)...I too love those documentaries and often watch them.
Old 09-10-06, 10:48 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

James bond collection 3 and 4 are now listed at amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_i_...i%3Advd&page=1

Last edited by ruk; 09-11-06 at 05:52 AM.
Old 09-15-06, 10:48 AM

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/james-bond2.html

They now have the artwork for vol 3 and vol 4. I swear if these are slimpacks I will be very pissed
Old 09-15-06, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Palpadious
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/james-bond2.html

They now have the artwork for vol 3 and vol 4. I swear if these are slimpacks I will be very pissed
Well, unless the perspective is very misleading, I'm guessing that they are slimpacks.

Now I really like slimpacks generally, but in this case it would be disappointing simply for the reason that it would severely hurt our ability to sell off the films that don't interest us.
Old 09-15-06, 07:42 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The last time they released some of the box sets they followed up later by releasing the titles individually. Does anyone remember about how long after the sets came out that they started selling individual titles?
Old 09-15-06, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

last time they re-released the SE box sets they didn't do stand alones. The time before that i think it was simultanious with with each set that came.

Slimpacks are welcome in my book. If they aren't giving us a briefcase, I'll take the space saver
Old 09-16-06, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Cameron is correct about the LAST time. But the time before, I'm pretty sure that it was gap between the boxsets and the inidividual titles. Which makes sense if you're selling boxsets. How long exactly, I can't remember.
Old 09-21-06, 01:20 PM

I'm starting to get that feeling that these are going to be in slimcases. That way, people probably won't try to sell off the unwanted movies individually.

Which really sucks. But hey, give it to MGM, they realize some titles are wanted more then others. They know this will sell better then releasing them individually.

Saxon
Old 09-21-06, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How hard is it to put all of the movies in one box and charge a reasonable price like the Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection?
Old 09-21-06, 03:32 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I sold all 20 of the Special Editions in one sale last weekend in anticipation of these new releases. I can pretty much get all the new ones for what I sold the collection for. However, after having sold them I think I will just get 1 or 2 of the sets coming out in December and see if the others get released individually later. There are several I don't want on my shelf taunting me that I have to watch them because I own them.
Old 09-21-06, 04:09 PM

I'm kind of confused. Weren't all the Bond movies released in box sets like 4 years ago? Was that only part of them? I think they should really be available indivudually.
Old 09-21-06, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

all of the bond films have been released in two forms....standard and special edition....each series was then reboxed and resold numerous times.
Old 09-25-06, 08:24 PM

Why wouldnt I want to sell my Special Editions Vol 1 and 3 and just get all of these for Similiar $$??...and this way I would have all of the bonds
Old 09-25-06, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Originally Posted by schbee
Why wouldnt I want to sell my Special Editions Vol 1 and 3 and just get all of these for Similiar $$??...and this way I would have all of the bonds
If you own the previously released Vols 1 and 3, then I don't really see any reason not to sell them now. Their price will drop once these new volumes come out.
Old 09-25-06, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Wouldn't it have made more sense to sell the collection in three sets of seven? If you include Never Say Never Again, you can create a set of seven Sean Connery DVDs. Then there's seven Roger Moore DVDs. And then George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton, and Pierce Brosnan could make a final set of seven. Would've also made the sets a little more consumer friendly, rather than blatantly forcing you to buy movies you may not want.
Old 09-26-06, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

except never say never again isn't part of the set, and seemingly never will be
Old 09-26-06, 02:27 AM
Banned

rennervision's idea is great!
I sure they would do that, it would also be great packaging too.
Old 09-26-06, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by rennervision
Wouldn't it have made more sense to sell the collection in three sets of seven? If you include Never Say Never Again, you can create a set of seven Sean Connery DVDs. Then there's seven Roger Moore DVDs. And then George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton, and Pierce Brosnan could make a final set of seven. Would've also made the sets a little more consumer friendly, rather than blatantly forcing you to buy movies you may not want.
This makes total sense and is very practical.

Which is exactly the reason why it won't happen.

Saxon
Old 09-26-06, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah, the Roger Moore sets will collect dust on the shelves

Originally Posted by rennervision
Old 09-26-06, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by darmok
yeah, the Roger Moore sets will collect dust on the shelves
That seems to be MGM's fear each of the (3? 4?) times they've done this.

Ultimately, I think that's silly. There's a lot of Bond completists out there. And if certain segments of your series move slower than others (which is only natural when you're dealing with over 20 films), you just adjust that with lower retail shipments. For every 10 copies of Set #1 and 3 they make, maybe they only press 8 of the Moore set. Or, include some goodie attached on-pack to Moore, to encourage sales.

Lack of interest hasn't stopped Warner from releasing Superman III and IV. Or Supergirl. Or the Superboy TV show. They just ran with it, and I think fan's appreciated it. (I know I did.)
Old 09-26-06, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron
all of the bond films have been released in two forms....standard and special edition....each series was then reboxed and resold numerous times.
There never was a standard edition. I bought most of the DVD's when they were first sold seperatrly years ago. When they re-released them a few years ago, they were the same disks.
Old 09-26-06, 03:54 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by llars
There never was a standard edition. I bought most of the DVD's when they were first sold seperatrly years ago. When they re-released them a few years ago, they were the same disks.
So these 2 versions had the same disc, just different cases?
Old 09-26-06, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by llars
There never was a standard edition.
There wasn't a standard edition of each and every title, but a few of them were released very early on by MGM with no extras. I'm sure someone has a list somewhere.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.