Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Technical glitch with Sarah Silverman Jesus is Magic?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-06, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watched Sarah Silverman Jesus is Magic last night and was dismayed that the movie was in full frame. However, as the opening continued, I realized that words in the opening credits were being cut off and so was some of the focus of who was talking. Was this just a horrible hack job of a full frame movie or what?

So I decided to zoom out and I discovered that the movie was in widescreen.

When I had put it in, I had disabled the auto play by hitting stop right away and I hit the menu button to avoid any forced crap, but that apparently didn't have anything to do with the glitch.

I have a Malata (I think 526) region free player and had never had problem with any widescreen movies, anamorphic or otherwise. I was just curious to see if anybody else had a problem with this DVD?
Old 06-03-06, 02:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like it could be one of the few DVD's to do "pan & scan on the fly" where it chooses for you based on your player settings. Your DVD should have three video settings, 16x9 letterbox, 4x3 letterbox and 4x3 pan & scan. Another DVD that did this was Criterion's first pressing of "The Last Temptation of Christ".
Old 06-03-06, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was it. I wonder why it never came up before with all the DVDs I've watched? But it was a simple thing of chaning my settings in my set up menu on my DVD player.