DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Paramount/King SEs: Cujo, Sematary, Dead Zone (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/466312-paramount-king-ses-cujo-sematary-dead-zone.html)

Fincher Fan 06-14-06 12:01 AM

I'm all over a new Pet Semetary release!

inri222 06-14-06 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by DVD King
they could put Barney on the cover for all I care as long as it includeds a Cronenberg commentary

:thumbsup:

Cronenberg is the man when it comes to commentaries.
Never a dull moment.

Patrick Mirza 06-14-06 02:33 PM

Extras for PET SEMATARY and THE DEAD ZONE have just been posted.

Filmmaker 06-14-06 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Patrick Mirza

Am I going kooky? I see no extras details...

onebyone 06-14-06 04:08 PM

I hope Cujo has just been postponed and not cancelled. That was the one I was most looking forward to, as the current dvd looks just terrible.

DrStrangeL0ve71 06-14-06 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Am I going kooky? I see no extras details...

Yes you are because it is the first story on that link.

Doughboy 06-15-06 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Patrick Mirza

The $14.99 retail price helps cuz I really don't see too much that makes me wanna triple-dip on The Dead Zone, unless those featurettes are really long. The lack of interviews with Christopher Walken or Martin Sheen is a shame. And no Cronenberg commentary either.

Filmmaker 06-15-06 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by DrStrangeL0ve71
Yes you are because it is the first story on that link.

Dude, you posted this retort how many hours later? Trust me, when I clicked on the link originally, the update about DR. MABUSE, THE GAMBLER was the latest update on the site...

Notice, in typical Paramount form, that the extras don't mention the trailers...might wanna keep hold of that original release of THE DEAD ZONE...

Patrick Mirza 06-16-06 02:16 PM

Hi-res art for Pet Sematary has just been posted.

Filmmaker 06-16-06 03:30 PM

"Sometimes the original cover is better."

Patrick Mirza 06-16-06 04:16 PM

I dunno... I never liked the theatrical one-sheet with the big head of the dead jogger. I kinda dig the new artwork. It looks like one of King's paperback covers.

Wick 06-16-06 04:22 PM

The new artwork is alright; it's relatively creepy. However, I'm still partial to the artwork from the original release/VHS. To each their own. I will still be picking this set up, even though I already own both Silver Bullet and Pet Sematary. I'll most-likely just sell the earlier releases that I own, though. I've been wanting to see The Dead Zone for a while now, so I guess I'll get my chance when I buy this set.

Tenacious D 06-20-06 12:44 PM

Has anyone heard anything else on Cujo? I was excited about that one too.

mattressman 06-20-06 10:16 PM

I hope this Dead Zone DVD is worth it. I'm always up for more Cronenberg.

Davy Mack 07-03-06 02:55 AM

That doesn't look like the "PET Sematary" on the cover!

Cameron 09-26-06 06:13 PM

bump for discussion....

also i believe that Cujo fell back to Artisan/Lionsgate with Paramount Reverting the rights...so there ya go

Seantn 09-27-06 06:36 PM

Anyone pick up Pet Sematary? How is it?

Filmmaker 09-27-06 08:30 PM

Seantn, it's a little brighter of a transfer, but it's still a bit murky for my tastes; all said, it ranks at least a 1/2 step up from the original's image.