DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Backdraft SE -- 9/12 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/465621-backdraft-se-9-12-a.html)

jgido759 09-13-06 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by ShaunoftheDead
anyone see these at Circuit City?

My CC had a disclaimer under their ad stating that the release had been pushed back to 9-19.

ReduxGuy 09-16-06 03:48 AM

anyone see these at Circuit City?

No, but my CC in Savannah mannaged to put Hard Candy out already. Of course, since it wasn't officially released until next week, I couldn't buy it.

Manzana 09-16-06 05:29 PM

Has anyone found any reviews of the Backdraft Anniversary 2-DVD Edition? So far I have found absolutely nothing on the Internet. I'd like to make sure it's a good transfer before it comes out on Tuesday.

digitalfreaknyc 09-16-06 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Has anyone found any reviews of the Backdraft Anniversary 2-DVD Edition? So far I have found absolutely nothing on the Internet. I'd like to make sure it's a good transfer before it comes out on Tuesday.

Several people (including myself) have the HD version and think it looks very good.

I don't know why anyone who's a fan of this movie WOULDN'T bite. It'a anamorphic at the VERY least and that's saying something.

djones6746 09-17-06 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana

Being the first edition was non-anamorphic, I am not sure how you could go wrong with this release.

Manzana 09-17-06 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Several people (including myself) have the HD version and think it looks very good.

I don't know why anyone who's a fan of this movie WOULDN'T bite. It'a anamorphic at the VERY least and that's saying something.

I'm sure the HD version is nice, but how is the non-HD version? (I don't have a HD DVD player and don't plan to get one for a while.)

Wick 09-17-06 06:12 PM

My friend brought this over yesterday, so I took a look at it. It's got great packaging, and the discs are well-made. We didn't watch it or anything, so I can't say much about the video quality.

I really need to pick this up.

Bluelitespecial 09-19-06 11:32 PM

So did anyone else here pick this one up? I sold my old Backdraft dvd and picked this one up today at Target. Btw the anamorphic transfer is top notch, an unbelievable improvement over the first dvd.

ShaunoftheDead 09-20-06 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
So did anyone else here pick this one up? I sold my old Backdraft dvd and picked this one up today at Target. Btw the anamorphic transfer is top notch, an unbelievable improvement over the first dvd.

how much at Target and did they have a lot? anyone see at Circuit and knows how much (the ad 2 weeks ago said $12.99, but website at $15.99)

i can't wait to get this. one of my all time favs and the first CD i ever bought in life was this soundtrack (even before I had my first CD player).

Bluelitespecial 09-20-06 09:25 AM

$14.99 at a target in kansas close to work, and they only had about five or six of them.

Manzana 09-20-06 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial

I haven't gotten mine yet because I was waiting to hear someone's review of the sound and picture quality. I assume you are referring to the regular DVD (not HD-DVD) version as "top notch"? If it is and the sound is also equally good, then I can get it soon.

phraseturner 09-20-06 11:04 AM

how much at Target and did they have a lot? anyone see at Circuit and knows how much (the ad 2 weeks ago said $12.99, but website at $15.99)

i can't wait to get this. one of my all time favs and the first CD i ever bought in life was this soundtrack (even before I had my first CD player).

I kept my CC ad from the previous week that had it listed @ $12.99 and made CC honor their price yesterday. Haven't opened it up yet, but it has to look better than the old non-anamorphic disc...

Brian Shannon 09-20-06 11:33 AM

Neither my Target or FYE had this one

ShaunoftheDead 09-20-06 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by phraseturner
I kept my CC ad from the previous week that had it listed @ $12.99 and made CC honor their price yesterday. Haven't opened it up yet, but it has to look better than the old non-anamorphic disc...

how much would it have rung up? i wish i saved mine...

jgido759 09-20-06 02:22 PM

how much would it have rung up? i wish i saved mine...

It rings up $14.99. Bought mine at lunchtime for that price, had the ad from the previous week in the office, and on the way home stopped and had the manager adjust the price to $12.99.

YMMV.