DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Disney Treasures Re-Release?

Old 05-14-06, 02:05 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: east texas
Posts: 5,473
Disney Treasures Re-Release?

has there been any word as to whether or not there will be a re-release of any of the early waves? i don't think there is gonna be but i thought i would ask.
kevin75 is offline  
Old 05-14-06, 02:28 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,394
I wouldn't mind a re-release so I can pick up Disneyland USA
gotrice487 is offline  
Old 05-14-06, 05:18 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Times Square
Posts: 12,133
I'd be surprised if there is an actual re-release, at least in the same form. Most likely the material will show up in some future non-tin releases, but probably not exactly as the originals.
marty888 is offline  
Old 05-14-06, 05:54 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
clckworang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The toe nail of Texas
Posts: 7,362
I wish that they would do so but I really doubt that they will re-release any of the titles.
clckworang is offline  
Old 05-14-06, 06:10 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 24,793
Originally Posted by clckworang
I wish that they would do so but I really doubt that they will re-release any of the titles.
I also think there is no way. Perhaps they will show up in another format (ala the Complete Donald on Bluray), but eBay is your best shot at this point.

If you care more about content than candies, you can get the Costco versions (sans tins) on eBay for quite a fair price.
DVD Josh is offline  
Old 05-14-06, 07:53 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Peachtree City, GA 30269
Posts: 499
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
eBay is your best shot at this point.

If you care more about content than candies, you can get the Costco versions (sans tins) on eBay for quite a fair price.
Exactly. Skip the oversize tin and get the version non-tin, in the 2 disc amaray. The first 7 titles (Wave 1 and Wave 2) were sold at Costco years ago without the tin.
Available at reasonable prices regularly ($30-$60) on Ebay and Amazon marketplace. That is still a big price, but these were basically $30 titles when they were available. Everything is exactly the same, just no tin and no small art lithograph page.
johnglad is offline  
Old 05-15-06, 12:46 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,995
Didn't Disney re-release the Davy Crockett stuff, sans the "Treasures" brand and the tin?
Jon2 is offline  
Old 05-15-06, 10:35 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Mikael79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: IA Now, From MN
Posts: 5,907
I'd also be very happy if Disney decided to re-release some of the early waves, with or without the tins. I've kicked myself more than once for missing out on the B&W Mickey Mouse titles.
Mikael79 is offline  
Old 05-15-06, 10:53 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,934
Originally Posted by Jon2
Didn't Disney re-release the Davy Crockett stuff, sans the "Treasures" brand and the tin?
Yes but I think it's the movie version not the TV series one.

Most are being released in some form or another.
Class316 is offline  
Old 05-15-06, 11:40 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lexington, Ky USA
Posts: 720
Originally Posted by Mikael79
I'd also be very happy if Disney decided to re-release some of the early waves, with or without the tins. I've kicked myself more than once for missing out on the B&W Mickey Mouse titles.
Those are both sill available through the Disney Movie Club. I just got Vol 2 and I got vol 1 in December.
Upper pylon 3 is offline  
Old 05-15-06, 04:36 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 5280
Posts: 3,413
Originally Posted by Upper pylon 3
Those are both sill available through the Disney Movie Club. I just got Vol 2 and I got vol 1 in December.
December was a long time ago. No longer available.
Big Worms is offline  
Old 05-15-06, 10:34 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
clckworang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The toe nail of Texas
Posts: 7,362
Originally Posted by johnglad
Exactly. Skip the oversize tin and get the version non-tin, in the 2 disc amaray. The first 7 titles (Wave 1 and Wave 2) were sold at Costco years ago without the tin.
Available at reasonable prices regularly ($30-$60) on Ebay and Amazon marketplace. That is still a big price, but these were basically $30 titles when they were available. Everything is exactly the same, just no tin and no small art lithograph page.
Did they do this with all of the waves? I ordered the boxset of the first two waves way back, and was always kinda waiting for them to do something similar for the other ones. Unfortunately, I never saw another boxset like that released.
clckworang is offline  
Old 05-15-06, 11:26 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Peachtree City, GA 30269
Posts: 499
Originally Posted by clckworang
Did they do this with all of the waves? I ordered the boxset of the first two waves way back, and was always kinda waiting for them to do something similar for the other ones. Unfortunately, I never saw another boxset like that released.
No, only Wave 1 and Wave 2 are available without the tin. Only 1 boxset was made, not second volume. Appears there never will be at this point. There are now 7 titles available with and without tin, and 11 titles (Wave 3, 4, and 5) are available in tin form only.
johnglad is offline  
Old 05-16-06, 12:51 AM
  #14  
Video Game Talk Reviewer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,512
I'd definitely like a re-release of some of these tins. I just started collecting them rather recently, and there are a few of the older ones that I still need to get. I've seen a couple of them at a local mall, but they were dented.
Wick is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.