DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Disney Treasures Re-Release?

Old 05-14-06, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Disney Treasures Re-Release?

has there been any word as to whether or not there will be a re-release of any of the early waves? i don't think there is gonna be but i thought i would ask.
Old 05-14-06, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wouldn't mind a re-release so I can pick up Disneyland USA
Old 05-14-06, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd be surprised if there is an actual re-release, at least in the same form. Most likely the material will show up in some future non-tin releases, but probably not exactly as the originals.
Old 05-14-06, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wish that they would do so but I really doubt that they will re-release any of the titles.
Old 05-14-06, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by clckworang
I wish that they would do so but I really doubt that they will re-release any of the titles.
I also think there is no way. Perhaps they will show up in another format (ala the Complete Donald on Bluray), but eBay is your best shot at this point.

If you care more about content than candies, you can get the Costco versions (sans tins) on eBay for quite a fair price.
Old 05-14-06, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
eBay is your best shot at this point.

If you care more about content than candies, you can get the Costco versions (sans tins) on eBay for quite a fair price.
Exactly. Skip the oversize tin and get the version non-tin, in the 2 disc amaray. The first 7 titles (Wave 1 and Wave 2) were sold at Costco years ago without the tin.
Available at reasonable prices regularly ($30-$60) on Ebay and Amazon marketplace. That is still a big price, but these were basically $30 titles when they were available. Everything is exactly the same, just no tin and no small art lithograph page.
Old 05-15-06, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Didn't Disney re-release the Davy Crockett stuff, sans the "Treasures" brand and the tin?
Old 05-15-06, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd also be very happy if Disney decided to re-release some of the early waves, with or without the tins. I've kicked myself more than once for missing out on the B&W Mickey Mouse titles.
Old 05-15-06, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jon2
Didn't Disney re-release the Davy Crockett stuff, sans the "Treasures" brand and the tin?
Yes but I think it's the movie version not the TV series one.

Most are being released in some form or another.
Old 05-15-06, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mikael79
I'd also be very happy if Disney decided to re-release some of the early waves, with or without the tins. I've kicked myself more than once for missing out on the B&W Mickey Mouse titles.
Those are both sill available through the Disney Movie Club. I just got Vol 2 and I got vol 1 in December.
Old 05-15-06, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Upper pylon 3
Those are both sill available through the Disney Movie Club. I just got Vol 2 and I got vol 1 in December.
December was a long time ago. No longer available.
Old 05-15-06, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by johnglad
Exactly. Skip the oversize tin and get the version non-tin, in the 2 disc amaray. The first 7 titles (Wave 1 and Wave 2) were sold at Costco years ago without the tin.
Available at reasonable prices regularly ($30-$60) on Ebay and Amazon marketplace. That is still a big price, but these were basically $30 titles when they were available. Everything is exactly the same, just no tin and no small art lithograph page.
Did they do this with all of the waves? I ordered the boxset of the first two waves way back, and was always kinda waiting for them to do something similar for the other ones. Unfortunately, I never saw another boxset like that released.
Old 05-15-06, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang
Did they do this with all of the waves? I ordered the boxset of the first two waves way back, and was always kinda waiting for them to do something similar for the other ones. Unfortunately, I never saw another boxset like that released.
No, only Wave 1 and Wave 2 are available without the tin. Only 1 boxset was made, not second volume. Appears there never will be at this point. There are now 7 titles available with and without tin, and 11 titles (Wave 3, 4, and 5) are available in tin form only.
Old 05-16-06, 12:51 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I'd definitely like a re-release of some of these tins. I just started collecting them rather recently, and there are a few of the older ones that I still need to get. I've seen a couple of them at a local mall, but they were dented.