Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

NIP/TUCK season 3...any news?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-06, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NIP/TUCK season 3...any news?

Haven't heard a thing about when this is gonna be released. They sure like to take their time don't they. How is it possible to release a movie 3 months after it hits theaters and tv series take over a year? I don't even think they are re-running this show right now. The smart thing to do to keep up the interest level should be to release season 3 now so folks don't forget about it, so interest will be up for season 4. That's the reason I don't care a bit about the Sopranos. Taking nearly 2 years between dvd releases and actual tv airings just causes me to forget about them and not care when they come back. They probably thought they were doing clever PR by making us wait in anticipation for the new seasons. They must have thought the show was so strong that the masses would come back no matter what they did. Nope, not that strong, absence makes the heart forget, not "grow stronger"
Old 04-28-06, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, they usually try to time them about a month before the new season starts, so you can get refreshed or introduced in time to watch the new season on TV... I think the wait makes PERFECT sense and works to sustain interest rather than like Sopranos, where Season 5 came out MONTHS before... so I'd expect Nip/Tuck season 3 sometime in August, September or October, since season 4 is starting in the Fall.

MATT

(and a big off topic p.s., I don't think the wait hurt Sopranos at all as far as the actual show goes...season 6 is top notch so far)
Old 04-28-06, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
I wish they wouldn't wait until so close to the next seasons opener to release them.
This is one show i was a late adopter of (just starting season 2), and i watch an episode per week as opposed to blowing through it so it would be nice to have more time to watch season 3 before the start of season 4.
Old 04-28-06, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Another reason TV Sets have a longer turn-around time than movies, is because a lot of the extra's for movies are produced around the time the movie is produced, but with TV shows almost all the extras are produced after the season wraps filming.
Old 04-28-06, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What I find really strange is that the UK gets Season 3 of "Nip/Tuck" already on May 8th. And even "Supernatural" and "Prison Break" come out in late May (albeit only Part 1 of Season 1). I guess it's worth the wait for the R1 if we get extras, but still . . .!

Last edited by rkndkn; 04-28-06 at 08:32 PM.