Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Dazed and Confused (Criterion) -- June 2006 [merged]

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-04, 08:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dazed and Confused (Criterion) -- June 2006 [merged]

I pulled this directly from another site, And I about dropped a nut when reading it!

How about we boycott the new 11/2 release that Universal is dumping out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...Just to let you know - there has been some trouble with Universal regarding their upcoming release of the DAZED AND CONFUSED DVD. I feel like I'm in an 11-year echo chamber with these idiots. There was a cool disk in the works with extended interviews, Kahane Corn's documentary MAKING DAZED, footage from the reunion, etc. but it turns out that these won't be on it any longer because, after all these years, they're rushing the title out to make some sort of deadline. Because of this I will not be doing a commentary or helping with anything else.

I wanted everybody to know the scoop and that I am pushing Universal to license the title to the Criterion Collection in a year or so and they would put out a fantastic disk.

I am withholding doing any press on the Universal disk and will not be affiliated with it in any way because of their continuing lameness toward this title....

complete site info...

http://wileywiggins.blogspot.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what the Universal website says:

-1.85:1 16x9
-English Dolby 5.1
-English DTS 5.1
-French 2.0
-English, Spanish, French Subtitles
-9 Deleted Scenes
-"The Blunt Truth"
-Retro Public Service Announcements
-Production Notes
-DVD-Rom material

Not bad... but I'l wait for CC's!
Old 09-24-04, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ight=linklater
Old 09-24-04, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

just because he has asked doesn't mean it's gonna happen.
Old 09-24-04, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wiley Wiggins pushing Universal != Coming Soon.

DJ
Old 09-25-04, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
On the plus side, Universal has been very willing to license their movies out to Criterion: Last Temptation of Christ, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Do the Right Thing, Brazil.

I could see it happening, but wouldn't expect any movement until after this next release has shipped.
Old 09-25-04, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
by soon, the op means maybe in the next 5 years
Old 09-17-05, 05:32 AM

I got a chance to talk with Richard Linklater tonight, and I asked him if he had anything in the works with Criterion. He said that he'd talked to them earlier today about a planned release of Dazed and Confused, and that it was definitely coming. I asked him if he would be recording a commentary, and he said yes. According to him, you can expect the Dazed and Confused Criterion in July of 2006. He also said that there is a documentary airing on AMC this Sunday that we can expect to see on the Criterion disc. So, there's some good news for anybody looking for a solid release of this film.

As a side note, I also chatted with Robert Rodriguez a little, and he said that the "theatre audio track" on the upcoming Sin City SE (the recording from the Austin premiere) came out beautifully. So, for anybody doubting that nifty special feature, don't expect crying babies and ringing phones.

-JP
Old 09-17-05, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I want! Even if I currently own two different editions (I'll eventually unload the barebones... maybe to a friend). This is one of my favorite movies of all-time, so I'm more than excited for a Criterion Release. July is so far away.

K
Old 09-17-05, 08:27 AM

Dazed & Confused Criterion??? hmmm, I've already double dipped on this movie, but if the "Blunt Truth" is included on the Criterion they I will surely buy it yet again.

Blunt Truth = best dvd extra ever!
Old 09-17-05, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
As a side note, I also chatted with Robert Rodriguez a little, and he said that the "theatre audio track" on the upcoming Sin City SE (the recording from the Austin premiere) came out beautifully. So, for anybody doubting that nifty special feature, don't expect crying babies and ringing phones.

-JP
Where's the new Spy Kids, Roadracers and the Faculty Special Edition DVDs????
Old 09-17-05, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by depooter
Roadracers hits in December. I'll ask about the others if he's around tonight.

-JP
Old 09-17-05, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
Roadracers hits in December. I'll ask about the others if he's around tonight.

-JP
Can you also ask him if they are 'remastering' the audio for the Sin City SE. I am referring to the 'hiss' that many can hear when certain characters are talking.
Old 09-17-05, 01:18 PM

I hope Criterion includes the deleted scenes and DTS track on the current "Flashback Edition". Then I'll gladly double dip.
Old 09-17-05, 02:27 PM

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts
Great news on both releases, NatrlBornThrllr. Thanks. Were you speaking with Linklater at a screening of one of his films?
Old 09-17-05, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by flashburn
Can you also ask him if they are 'remastering' the audio for the Sin City SE. I am referring to the 'hiss' that many can hear when certain characters are talking.
Originally Posted by depooter
Sorry, I'm not going to get a chance to make it out there tonight. I have to drive down to Houston to pick my puppy dog up from the vet. Rodriguez is a DVD freak, though, so I don't doubt that he'll see to it that these titles are done right. Who knows, though. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Originally Posted by Franchot
Great news on both releases, NatrlBornThrllr. Thanks. Were you speaking with Linklater at a screening of one of his films?
Nope, Quentin Tarantino brought in prints of a lot of films from his personal collection for a festival here in Austin. Rodriguez and Linklater just happened to swing by last night. It was actually quite a trip, sitting a row behind these three guys, just watching old movies.

-JP
Old 09-18-05, 12:49 AM

This is a heads-up for any other Dazed fans: tomorrow night on AMC they are showing the film. Afterwards, they have a 1 hr special called Making Dazed, which I have never heard of before. It sounds very interesting and a long time coming.
Old 09-18-05, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Dazed & Confused Criterion. Wow, I never expected to see that.
Old 09-18-05, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Simply out of procrastination, I never picked up the most recent release .... guess my negligence is being rewarded!
Old 09-18-05, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Simply out of procrastination, I never picked up the most recent release .... guess my negligence is being rewarded!
A Dazed & Confused Criterion. Wow, I never expected to see that.
My thoughts exactly
Old 09-19-05, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Wicked good news!
Old 09-19-05, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope it's true....that would be cool. I have the Flashback edition, but I would upgrade. I also DVR'd the Doc lat night, did not watch it yet though
Old 09-19-05, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been holding out for a true SE as it was well known Linklater was disappointed with Universal's Flashback edition. Nice to hear that a CC version is most likely enroute.
Old 09-19-05, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by meritocracy
I've been holding out for a true SE as it was well known Linklater was disappointed with Universal's Flashback edition. Nice to hear that a CC version is most likely enroute.
Yeah I held off on the Flashback edition because it didn't seem special enough to warrant an upgrade. I'd be all over a Criterion edition.
Old 09-19-05, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i had the following thought earlier today.

how cool would it be if a dazed CC was just the beginning of a criterion/linklater partnership? i would absolutely go nuts if somehow down the road a "before sunrise" CC was announced.
Old 09-19-05, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by kevin75
how cool would it be if a dazed CC was just the beginning of a criterion/linklater partnership? i would absolutely go nuts if somehow down the road a "before sunrise" CC was announced.
It would be so cool, because it would involve changing history.

(Criterion and Linklater have already done a release together: Slacker. That was already the beginning. )

DJ

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.