Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Howard The Duck?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-06, 07:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would I get banned? I didn't do anything wrong - this is a forum to talk about DVDs and movies. I'm talking about movies. What airhead would think that there's anything wrong with that?
Old 05-10-06, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts
Originally Posted by thing-fish24(2)
BTW, some moron suspended my account. Who did I offend, other than people who do not think in a rational and intelligent manner?
Uh, that moron was a mod/admin.

So you created another account to post in a thread about a movie you hate. Classic.

Dude, you are so banned.
Old 05-10-06, 07:58 PM
Banned

I created another account to post...peroid.

I'm not going to let some idiot who doesn't know what the hell he's doing stop me - who does he think he is, Castro?

And stop deleting your posts to edit them. It looks ridiculous!
Old 05-10-06, 08:01 PM
Banned

How about we move this thread to the movie forum? Since this isn't going to be released on DVD?
Old 05-10-06, 08:10 PM
Banned

No, I don't. And I don't believe in starting redundant threads when you can just move already-available threads to the right folder of the forum. Moderation should be about keeping a message board tidy by merging threads, moving them to the right sections of the board, and deleting unwanted advertising, not about limiting free speech.
Old 05-10-06, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Living Dead
Does anyone know why they had to use something like 6 or 7 actors to portray the duck? It seems odd. Obviously they hired someone to do the voice, but why not just one guy in the suit?
Originally Posted by TomOpus
I don't know the real answer but is it possible they used children because of their size? If so, there are labor laws regarding how long they can work.
If you check out all the Howard actors entries on IMDB, you'll see that it's a midget and a bunch of puppeteers.
Old 05-10-06, 09:31 PM
Banned

Does this website pick moderators out of a Special Ed class? You can't just ban someone for not doing anything wrong. That is not how we do things around here, stupid.

Here's the last thing I posted....

Moderation should be about moving threads to the correct forum folders, merging similar threads, and deleting unwanted advertising, not about limiting freedom of speech.
Someone thought that THIS was offensive? Dee dee dee!

Last edited by thing-fish24(3); 05-10-06 at 09:39 PM.
Old 05-10-06, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LoPan5705
I e-mailed Universal last summer about a DVD release of the Wizard. They said there is no current and future plans for this release. This was last summer so maybe something has changed by now.
I so want The Wizard on DVD. I remember going to see this for my birthday. I will proudly put it next to my Little Monsters DVD, but hopefully it would be in widescreen.
Old 05-10-06, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Does anyone know why they had to use something like 6 or 7 actors to portray the duck? It seems odd. Obviously they hired someone to do the voice, but why not just one guy in the suit?
The guy who did the voice was Chip Zien who was in my class all through grade school and high school.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0956268/

He has a part in the new United 93 movie. He's the passenger who gets stabbed right at the beginning of the hijack.
Old 05-10-06, 10:31 PM
Premium Member

Received 695 Likes on 465 Posts
Originally Posted by movielib
The guy who did the voice was Chip Zien who was in my class all through grade school and high school.
Wow! Are you still in contact with him?

If so, does he get any input on this or does he have anything to say about the Duck?
Old 05-10-06, 11:16 PM

I would imagine that if you found Chip Zien again, he would disavow all knowledge of a movie called Howard the Duck.
Old 05-10-06, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by movielib

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0956268/

He has a part in the new United 93 movie. He's the passenger who gets stabbed right at the beginning of the hijack.
You should get him to sign up here at DVDTalk and grant us an exclusive interview!
Old 05-11-06, 05:46 AM

I'd be interested in reading that!
Old 05-11-06, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Originally Posted by The Cow
Wow! Are you still in contact with him?

If so, does he get any input on this or does he have anything to say about the Duck?
Sorry, haven't seen him since we graduated. I doubt that he has any clout.
Old 05-11-06, 05:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TomOpus
So you created another account to post in a thread about a movie you hate.
I did NOT create another account to post in a thread about a movie that I hate. I created another account to post...peroid.

This is bogus. I didn't do anything wrong. All I did was state my opinion - what the HELL is wrong with that? Moderation should not be about limiting freedom of speech. It should be about deleting unwanted advertising, merging similar threads, and moving threads to the correct forum folder. NOT censorship.

I will NOT be censored. If you think that this kind of behavior is right, you are a moron. This is about freedom of speech. I have as much of a right to post as any of you. Stop trying to take away my freedom.
Old 12-10-06, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

apparently Universal is releasing Howard the Duck in Brazil on December 17th. Hopefully this means a new transfer is ready to go, and will be stateside soon after.
Old 12-10-06, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts
Awesome!
Old 12-10-06, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cameron
apparently Universal is releasing Howard the Duck in Brazil on December 17th. Hopefully this means a new transfer is ready to go, and will be stateside soon after.

I saw this posted in another thread, but no links were provided. Not that I doubt you, since you are often in the know, but are there any more details?
Old 12-10-06, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw this posted in another thread, but no links were provided. Not that I doubt you, since you are often in the know, but are there any more details?
not really any details on content. I actually had read it at another forum, and after some research have been able to find nothing signifigant. Just a few sites in SPanish that list it on that date, or the 15th. Universal doesn't seem to have a home video site for Brazil.

So chalk it up to rumor mill i suppose, but hopefully someone in the international forum can clue us in on a good site in brazil that has it on pre-order.

I had always hoped that when the time did come, we would see some kind of extras. Vintage interviews, feature on the animatronics, tv spots and trailers. And I think everyone would scream for a commentary by anyone who worked on this film. Although, I know most would settle for a nice widescreen version of the movie.
Old 12-10-06, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Being discussed HERE
Old 12-12-06, 06:54 AM

My laserdisc of the film hasn't rotted yet, so I'll only trade up when there's an HD version.

Lea Thompson in those pink panties, yum.
Old 12-12-06, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Parakleet
Lea Thompson in those pink panties, yum.
Ah, yes, I remember that scene fondly.
Old 03-06-07, 09:46 PM
OSx
Banned

Howard the Duck on DVD!!!

Mod note: Promoting auctions is against the rules. Talking about bootlegs is against the rules. So you can imagine what promoting an auction selling a bootleg is

Last edited by nemein; 03-06-07 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-06-07, 09:54 PM

Guy has balls charging $85 for a boot.
Old 03-06-07, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Ah, yes, I remember fondling to that scene.
FIXED

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.