DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Jarhead Collector's Edition - Cancelled (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/455242-jarhead-collectors-edition-cancelled.html)

Harold Wazzu 03-01-06 11:50 PM

I was looking at FYE,com and for the description they have "Jarhead (AC-3 / DOLBY / DIGIPACK PACKAGING / WIDESCREEN / SLIPSLEEVE PACKAGING / COLLECTOR'S EDITION / WITH BOOK"

What is the book that comes with it and could this be the reason we are hearing rumors of it being cancelled?

EDIT: NM, I see on DVDPlanet.com: "Collectible Photo Book"

Wick 03-02-06 04:00 AM

I'm interested in picking up this film, but I'm undecided as to what version I'll get. I'd like to get the CE, but its $41.99 price tag is a little deterring.

jaschiero 03-02-06 05:50 AM

At my store, our computer says we have several copies of the collector's edition on order. When stuff is 'on order' in our computer, that means the barcodes of the specific dvd has been scanned, boxed, and in shipment on the way to the store, so we should definitely see it.

Kocheese99 03-02-06 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by jaschiero
At my store, our computer says we have several copies of the collector's edition on order. When stuff is 'on order' in our computer, that means the barcodes of the specific dvd has been scanned, boxed, and in shipment on the way to the store, so we should definitely see it.

Ditto for our store. I thankfully ordered one and will be getting it on Friday for $26.50 plus tax. Not too shabby.

OldBoy 03-02-06 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Wick
I'm interested in picking up this film, but I'm undecided as to what version I'll get. I'd like to get the CE, but its $41.99 price tag is a little deterring.

read the thread. you can get it at many places for much, much less than that. $22.99 for one.

Wick 03-02-06 03:14 PM

That's at Future Shop, which usually has some of the best deals on new releases. I just checked www.amazon.ca and they want $38.41 (CAD) or something. If it's the cheap in the States, then that's a disgusting mark up.

mdc3000 03-02-06 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Wick
That's at Future Shop, which usually has some of the best deals on new releases. I just checked www.amazon.ca and they want $38.41 (CAD) or something. If it's the cheap in the States, then that's a disgusting mark up.

Our DVD prices up here mostly suck compared to the US, especially now that the canadian dollar is so up... when the dollar was way down, the difference made sense, but now that 12cdn=10US, we're getting ripped. Might have to see about getting this online or something.

MATT

smurr05 03-03-06 04:51 AM

Anyone know of any reviews of the content on the 2nd disc??? Is it really worth the extra $?
thanks-

marcellusk 03-03-06 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by smurr05
Anyone know of any reviews of the content on the 2nd disc??? Is it really worth the extra $?
thanks-

that's what i want to know. So far the only thing extra is a collectable book

nonametofame 03-03-06 01:11 PM

Tower.com just shipped my copy today. Hopefully I'll have it soon so I can do a mini review on whether the 2nd disc is worth it or not, unless someone beats me to the punch.

OldBoy 03-03-06 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by nonametofame
Tower.com just shipped my copy today. Hopefully I'll have it soon so I can do a mini review on whether the 2nd disc is worth it or not, unless someone beats me to the punch.

really? is it updated on the site? mine says "advance" and "backordered"...do you know what this means? is it available, but i was a late pre-orderer and won't ship till who knows when?

macnorton 03-03-06 01:51 PM

My copy is still on order with amazon.

Also, I was in Best Buy looking for something (can't remember what) and found a copy of Cinderella Man (2 Disc). it was priced a little high ($36.99 plus NJ tax), but I figured I would never see this again so I grabbed it.

tacos 03-03-06 03:30 PM

I ordered Walk the Line and Jarhead earlier today. No email as of yet. But CC has been charged.

gjamesm 03-03-06 08:09 PM

Mine shipped today from tower.com

DeanoBKN 03-03-06 08:45 PM

Just received my shipment today at work. Seems like a nice package.

JasonFB 03-03-06 09:13 PM

My order shipped today as well from Tower.com

jason

OldBoy 03-03-06 09:14 PM

got the notice just now...huzzah!
so i guess this means it isn't cancelled.
closing thread!

boss429 03-06-06 03:02 PM

Just received my copy from Tower Records. I ordered Thursday evening, got shipping notice on Saturday, and then at my door today... thumb up to Tower Records for their quick and free shipping!

pilot 03-06-06 07:08 PM

as we can see...it's out..so this thread really has no further use..closing