DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Jarhead Collector's Edition - Cancelled (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/455242-jarhead-collectors-edition-cancelled.html)

Patrick Mirza 02-09-06 01:10 PM

It's still listed on Universal's press site. Let's not call it dead yet.

Grizzly 02-09-06 02:00 PM

one can only hope they skip the single disc and release the 2-disc (sans the non-DVD bonus rubbish) for $29.95... as they should.

Drexl 02-09-06 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Grizzly
one can only hope they skip the single disc and release the 2-disc (sans the non-DVD bonus rubbish) for $29.95... as they should.

That's just what I was thinking, and hoping for.

Harry Lime 02-11-06 04:05 AM

I cant find one other source that says this has been cancelled.

digitalfreaknyc 02-11-06 08:49 AM

Shit. I've had this pre-ordered at amazon for a while...used a GC too.

kms_md 02-11-06 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Still up for preorder at the usual online stores.

The best deal looks to be $27.98 shipped at Amazon

as of thursday, it was still listed at amazon. i placed an order then and it has yet to be cancelled.

rasalas 02-11-06 02:39 PM

This report sounds bogus. Universal has already sent out review copies of Jarhead that include a watermarked movie-only disc (to prevent copying) and two discs with extras totaling more than two hours. This is not final-product configuration, of course, but this is the material that will be on the final release and it equates to a two-disc set. I received this review copy Friday.

Sunday Morning 02-11-06 03:20 PM

I will know later this week as I have a meeting with my distributor who will confirm what's going on with universal. She did mention that she believes it might be because someone is getting an exclusive on the deluxe edition. We shall see...

animatedude 02-11-06 03:50 PM

i do have feelings that these kinda threads are opened in here just to make ppl go and order the DVD....

Sunday Morning 02-16-06 12:34 PM

Apparently Universal has decided to only sell the deluxe versions to the bigger chains like Best Buy and the likes.

They did the same thing recently for the deluxe edition of Cinderella Man... Slop101 predicted it well.

This is further proof how the Studios are helping to drive the smaller guys out of business. Not nice.

Giles 02-16-06 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sunday Morning
Apparently Universal has decided to only sell the deluxe versions to the bigger chains like Best Buy and the likes.

They did the same thing recently for the deluxe edition of Cinderella Man... Slop101 predicted it well.

This is further proof how the Studios are helping to drive the smaller guys out of business. Not nice.

there's another word I'd like to use these studios. Not nice = asshole-ish.

jmj713 02-16-06 02:05 PM

Well Amazon still has it up for preorder.

TheMovieman 02-16-06 03:54 PM

It's not true... at all. I talked with someone from Universal and it is not cancelled. So there you go.

Kocheese99 02-16-06 05:37 PM

well what i heard from our distributor is that its going to be alot like Cinderella Man where it'll be somewhat like a limited edition.

jmj713 02-16-06 07:57 PM

Just as long as my Amazon preorder ships :)

The Passenger is still up, as well.

OldBoy 02-28-06 11:46 AM

anyone confirm or deny the existence of this set and if still shipping next week?

DVD Giant 02-28-06 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
anyone confirm or deny the existence of this set and if still shipping next week?

My work just got them in today so its a go...

OldBoy 02-28-06 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Giant
My work just got them in today so its a go...

where do you work? just send me an advance, k?
this is awesome. i am sure it will make a lot of peeps happy!

GIjon213 03-01-06 07:55 AM

Since none of the major adds are mentioning this, i.e. BB and CC, I would really like to know if the B & M stores are going to have it.

ReduxGuy 03-01-06 03:44 PM

I checked Best Buy and CC.

CC doesn't have it listed, but BB does for a COLOSSAL 32.99. :eek:

Dan 03-01-06 05:21 PM

I work at a major retailer in Canada, and we got our copies on Monday. Funny thing is, our store is offering an exclusive "metal slip cover" to people who purchase the film, but... get this... the 2-disc version doesn't fit inside it! tsk tsk...

ReduxGuy 03-01-06 05:56 PM

Now, does anyone know if the dogtags at BB come with the 2-disc?

Willh51 03-01-06 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by ReduxGuy
Now, does anyone know if the dogtags at BB come with the 2-disc?

They do not.

JasonFB 03-01-06 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by SomethingMore
I work at a major retailer in Canada, and we got our copies on Monday. Funny thing is, our store is offering an exclusive "metal slip cover" to people who purchase the film, but... get this... the 2-disc version doesn't fit inside it! tsk tsk...

ygm

also. . is this retailer located in Vancouver as well?? My brother lives in Seattle and usually heads that way now an then. Id really like to get my greedy hands on this movie with the metal slip cover.

jason

OldBoy 03-01-06 09:00 PM

just got "Walk the Line" CE for $19.99 and "Jarhead" CE for $22.99 with free shipping on both, $44 total. Those are awesome prices!!! @ Tower.com btw.