Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

LONG backorder times for IMAGE titles?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 02-08-06, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered one of the Image Entertainment "2-paks" from DVDPacific (who are usually very good) and it's sat on backorder for six or seven weeks now. I guess that means that not only were they out of stock,but so was their supplier.

The title in question was The HIdeous Sun Demon/Revenge of the Sun Demon (what can I say, I like cheesy old monster flicks!)

Has anyone else experienced similar delays, either from DVDPacific or other stores, for Image titles?

I'm guessing that the duplication runs were fairly small or something like that.

The title appears to be in print (as are the individual titles, but they cost more to buy). It's also in stock in say Amazon.com.

Pacific are the cheapest, specially as I'm in the UK.

BTW, PlayCentric want crazy prices, the individual titles are $50 each!
Old 02-08-06, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
This probably should be moved to the Store Forum but I do seem to recall some threads stating some long waits for some titles.
Old 02-08-06, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I always check Amazon, if something seems hard to find. If anything, you can sometimes get it from a third party seller. Actually, it's in stock at Amazon for a good price:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...v=glance&n=130
Old 02-08-06, 05:13 AM

Yep, but for me in the UK, AMazon's international shipping would cost more than they're asking for the DVD's...

It's something like $4.50 per package, then $2.50 per disc on top!

DVDPacific only charge $2 per package plus $1 per disc, and their starting price is cheaper - about half that of Amazon. For a lot of Image titles, so I can order a bunch of them together.

I thought about putting this in Suppliers, but it seems related to the titles, rather than any particular store.

I've generally found Pacific to be excellent.

I'll keep on waiting.

MarketPlace is an option; there are plenty going cheap there, and the shipping is cheaper. I know loads of people in the UK have used Caiman_USA with success.
Old 02-08-06, 09:33 AM

i would suspect its an image thing, dvdpacific are top notch.
Old 02-08-06, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by logboy
i would suspect its an image thing, dvdpacific are top notch.
True, Image has discontinued many titles. This is probably one of them. I too have had only good experience with DVDPacific, but if they haven't sent it to you by now, they never will because it may not be "orderable" any longer.
Old 02-08-06, 12:01 PM

No - it's in print. Amazon.com restocked recently - they had only 2 left, now they are full again.

Pacific are very good at removing OOP titles.

The title - both the original individual ones and the 2-pak, are both listed on the Image website; also, I've checked in the out-of-print thread here, and DVDAfficianado, and they indicate it's still in print too.

Lots of people flogging it on Marketplace cheap is also a good indicator; OOP Image titles usually fetch a bomb on there!

I suspect it's a case of Pacific AND Pacific's vendor being out of stock; so the waiting times are redoubled.
Old 02-08-06, 12:36 PM
Cool New Member

you can order it from amazon uk via a marketplace seller for 5.38 delivered:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...834674-5118011