Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Robot Chicken Volume 1 03.28.06

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-06, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Did Judge do B&B for that sketch? It sounded an awful lot like their original voices, and if Judge did it, then it might have crossed the line from parody to being a new episode of B&B, thus Viacom or whoever could have had it pulled.
Old 03-29-06, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by milo bloom
Did Judge do B&B for that sketch? It sounded an awful lot like their original voices, and if Judge did it, then it might have crossed the line from parody to being a new episode of B&B, thus Viacom or whoever could have had it pulled.
If I recall it was him.
Old 03-29-06, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Did Judge do B&B for that sketch? It sounded an awful lot like their original voices, and if Judge did it, then it might have crossed the line from parody to being a new episode of B&B, thus Viacom or whoever could have had it pulled."

I'm almost positive that Judge did not voice the characters on the sketch (Beavis sounds very Seth Greenish, and Butthead doesn't sounds like a poor imitation of Judge)
Old 03-30-06, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Judge did not voice the characters on the sketch. I don't know who did, but he was not credited on the episode nor is he credited anywhere else.

And I got through all of the material on disc one except for the commentaries. The Citizen Spears and Card Sharks deleted segments were hilarious. Some of the stuff they did storyboards, but never film, should've also been filmed. I cannot wait to move onto disc two, especially since I never saw the last few episodes of the season.
Old 03-30-06, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I realize he's not on the credits and I checked IMDB too, but he may have done it uncredited for this very reason. I felt the voices were very close to the originals.
Old 03-30-06, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Disc 1 has an "Pee Reel" compilation easter egg
that's accessed by pressing up while Setup is highlighted (the meter dial lights up).
Old 03-30-06, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Judge did not voice the characters on the sketch.
Agreed. This episode recently re-aired on CN, and the voices are definitely not Mike Judge. Beavis was most definitely voiced by Seth Green.
Old 03-30-06, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
I managed to get this at my local Wal-Mart for 16.99 before my 10% discount.
Hmm, I went to my local Wal-Mart yesterday, and they were charging $24.88 for it. Went to Target, they had one copy left, and it was $16.99.
Old 03-30-06, 09:05 PM
Banned

how miny f bomes
Old 03-30-06, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Todd B.
Straying a little off-topic here, but people are so often under the false assumption that "parody" is a blanket protection from copyright infringement. Parody is generally only protected when it provides some type of direct social commentary or criticism of the original work. Parody used as a substitution for your own original creative works is generally not protected. Here's a good, quick article that provides a primer on parody in fair use.

http://www.publaw.com/parody.html
Yeah, but what constitutes social commentary? I mean the seminal case deals with 2 Live crew's version of Pretty Woman, hardly a ripping work of artistic merit. You can argue almost anything is parody
Old 03-31-06, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Brooklyn
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Disc 1 has an "Pee Reel" compilation easter egg
that's accessed by pressing up while Setup is highlighted (the meter dial lights up).

Cool.
I went to the special features and selected play all and i has Seth Green and someone else(forgot his name) talking and Seth sounds ok but the other guy's voice sounds like it was recorded over. What was up with that?
Old 03-31-06, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got the DVD yesterday, and it is quite excellent. I enjoyed all of the episodes (Enter the Fat One is the best sketch btw) and the bonus features are surprisingly plump .

While the Voltron audio edit is understandable (the original version is better, but it hasn't lost its hilarity), but the omission of the Teen Titans skit is kinda lame. Although I won't be terribly surprised if Mike Judge played a role in omitting that sketch from the DVD (Judge apparently is very protective of Beavis & Butt-Head, not to mention he gave us those dreaded "director's cuts" of many B & B cartoons and won't release all of the cartoons on DVD to begin with).
Old 04-01-06, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wish there was a bit more info on why the Beavis & Butthead stuff is outed....Mike Judge who was a geek hero is slowly turning himself into a new Psuedo-Lucas to hate. Talented guys with some weird grasp on things
Old 04-01-06, 05:40 AM

I am a little pissed about the voltron skit i noticed it right away my friend and i love that skit but its not the same with this new song other than that though the set is hilarious
Old 04-02-06, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Neo512210
I am a little pissed about the voltron skit i noticed it right away my friend and i love that skit but its not the same with this new song other than that though the set is hilarious
I don't even remember the original song, so that scene lost nothing for me.
Old 04-02-06, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm still not understanding what was changed in the Voltron sketch, is it different lyrics or an entirely new song?
Old 04-02-06, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've been going through this set this weekend, and I think this show is one of the most brilliant ever. THe Noah's Ark sketch was great, as was "Real World Metropolis" and all the others. I agree with the person who said some of the skits aren't funny at all, but when a skit is on, it is certainly funny.

Can't wait to finish this up and pick up Vol. 2 whenever it comes out.