WWE DVD Release Dates

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

WWE DVD Release Dates

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-07, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know what is on the bonus blockbuster discs?
Old 04-06-07, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Braddok
Does anyone know what is on the bonus blockbuster discs?
Is there supposed to be a bonus disk (anywhere) for the Four Horsemen DVD?
Old 04-06-07, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
How many promos are there? I hope there's as much as there were on the Dusty set (something like 40!).

Is the Flair/Morton cage match the one that was filmed for Japanese TV? How long is it?

How's the wargames match?

JCWBobC posted the listing, so that should answer that question. Very disappointing that we didn't get a third disc just full of promo's and i'm doubting we'll get a bonus disc, but who knows.

As for those 2 matches...both have no commentary. Which was very disappointing. I believe and understand that commentary was never recorded because they were special attraction house shows, but alternate commentary from one of the horsemen would have been a nice thing to add.
Old 04-06-07, 07:52 PM

Does anyone have any recommedations about the McMahon 2-Disc DVD set? I do need it for my collection but have heard it is TERRIBLE. Is it worth picking up?
Old 04-06-07, 08:53 PM
Banned

It is worth it for the St. Valentines day Massacre cage match SCSA/Vince. God that was a fun PPV.
Old 04-06-07, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MovieMaster11
It is worth it for the St. Valentines day Massacre cage match SCSA/Vince. God that was a fun PPV.
Was that the show/match (no pun intended) that was the debut of Paul Wight/Big Show?
Old 04-06-07, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDude
Was that the show/match (no pun intended) that was the debut of Paul Wight/Big Show?
Yup, that's the one.
Old 04-06-07, 10:07 PM

I am more than happy to have the Rumble's on DVD now, but the laziness is annoying. Someone posted that the intro to 91 is dubbed over. I'm up to 1992 and that one is as well. I went back to my PPV copy to check and they took out the jingle. Not only that they cut out Vince's voiceover to add in a present day Mean Gene one. Not only will they not pay for the jingle so they have to redo it, but they can't even get the guy who did the original one in the first place who's freaking there. 20 seconds would not kill anyone to do this shit right we're paying 150 bucks for.
Old 04-06-07, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Phineas444
I am more than happy to have the Rumble's on DVD now, but the laziness is annoying. Someone posted that the intro to 91 is dubbed over. I'm up to 1992 and that one is as well. I went back to my PPV copy to check and they took out the jingle. Not only that they cut out Vince's voiceover to add in a present day Mean Gene one. Not only will they not pay for the jingle so they have to redo it, but they can't even get the guy who did the original one in the first place who's freaking there. 20 seconds would not kill anyone to do this shit right we're paying 150 bucks for.
whats the jingle??? i don't own the original copies of the earlier rumbles.
Old 04-07-07, 07:50 AM

It's just a generic jingle from that time. Sounds like anything else rock wise they used at the time.
Old 04-07-07, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JCWBobC
Here are some pics of my collection since we are sharing:

That's not all of my wrestling DVDs as I have over 2,700 but they are the main ones that I have displayed.
Bob
There aren't 2700 wrestling DVDs released.
Old 04-07-07, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by abrg923
There aren't 2700 wrestling DVDs released.
He doesn't mean just wwe dvds, he means wrestling in general. I know him from another board and he isn't joking because I've seen the list which yes does include bootlegs because we are traders. My wrestling collection of dvds is close to 1000 which includes masters & bootlegs just as he was referring to. Only about 220 of mine are official wrestling dvds.
Old 04-07-07, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
whats the jingle??? i don't own the original copies of the earlier rumbles.
the original jingle can actually be heard breifly during a segment change on either the 91 or 92 rumble disc...that is how inconsistant they r with the editing. they do all that work to change the intro and make it worse in the process, in order to get the original theme out, and then they leave it on the same disc elsewhere. morons.
Old 04-07-07, 07:16 PM

Hi, one question...does the wwf attitude collection dvds had an insert?
Old 04-07-07, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by JAROTO
The only ones I have are The Rock Know Your Role and Unforgiven 1998. Neither one have inserts.
Old 04-07-07, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by JAROTO
I have owned all of them and NONE had inserts.
Old 04-07-07, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Leechboy
I have owned all of them and NONE had inserts.
Well besides the "own these other great titles" insert ad. The brown color one.
Old 04-07-07, 11:53 PM

The thing that sucked about the Attitude Collection dvd's is that they didn't have a main menu nor were they split up into chapters. If you wanted to watch a particular match from Unforgiven 1998, you had to push the fast forward button and keep watching until you saw your match start. I guess that's as good as we'll be getting though. I doubt WWE will be releasing that again, unless it's heavily edited and blurred.
Old 04-08-07, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by drew4824
He doesn't mean just wwe dvds, he means wrestling in general. I know him from another board and he isn't joking because I've seen the list which yes does include bootlegs because we are traders. My wrestling collection of dvds is close to 1000 which includes masters & bootlegs just as he was referring to. Only about 220 of mine are official wrestling dvds.
I see no reason to brag about your high amount of illegal DVDs, especially on this board, which strongly discourages bootlegging of copyrighted material. I'd suggest you not bring these things up anymore.
Old 04-08-07, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just found the cover art for the new 3 disc Ladder match DVD and the 2 disc Powerful Families of Wrestling DVD

Can't wait til they release the match listings for the Ladder match DVD. Hopfully they include all the TLC matches, especially the rare TLC 3 from Smackdown in 2001 with Jericho/Benoit vs. Dudleys vs. Edge/Christian vs Hardys.

Last edited by sg2386; 04-08-07 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-08-07, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by fyebonusdisc
the original jingle can actually be heard breifly during a segment change on either the 91 or 92 rumble disc...that is how inconsistant they r with the editing. they do all that work to change the intro and make it worse in the process, in order to get the original theme out, and then they leave it on the same disc elsewhere. morons.

Just heard the jingle on the segment change after a Flair interview. This is really annoying. Oddly as well is the addition of the Coliseum Video "exclusive" interview segments. I've never seen these as I have the PPV version. Nice addition, but I'm surprised someone is dubbing over Alfred with Gene's voice.
Old 04-08-07, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I see bret hart's name listed on the cover of the ladder match dvd. Can it be the wwe will actually include the bret hart/hbk ladder matches that were shown on various coliseum home video's. That would of course prove that hbk vs. razor wasn't the first ladder match ever to take place in the wwe, something the wwe love to throw around.

I hope they include the forgotten triple h/rock ladder match.
Old 04-08-07, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by shacmasta
I see bret hart's name listed on the cover of the ladder match dvd. Can it be the wwe will actually include the bret hart/hbk ladder matches that were shown on various coliseum home video's. That would of course prove that hbk vs. razor wasn't the first ladder match ever to take place in the wwe, something the wwe love to throw around.

They should definitely try and get Scott Hall to give some commentary on his memories of the ladder matches. He's arguably 1 half of the most important (or at least the most widely beloved and praised) ladder match ever. That's not a dig in at Scott either. It's well known he's got his personal problems, but something like this would be a great opportunity to see what he has to say about those matches.
Old 04-08-07, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by shacmasta

I hope they do include the Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels Ladder match from 92, that is a rare gem. From what i recall it was on two Coliseum videos; The Most Unusual Matches and Smack Em Whack Em.

Even if WWE does include Hart/Michaels ladder match they will probably mention the HBK/Ramon match was the first televised or first ever ladder match on ppv.

Rock/HHH from Summerslam 98 will most probably be included since that match made Rock and HHH rise to the next level. I hope they also include Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker from July/2002, that match was awesome and made people believe Hardy would actually win the title.

So many great ladder matches, and since its a 3 disc set, there hopefully won't be less than 15 matches.
Old 04-08-07, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by abrg923
I see no reason to brag about your high amount of illegal DVDs, especially on this board, which strongly discourages bootlegging of copyrighted material. I'd suggest you not bring these things up anymore.
That didn't look anything like bragging to me. Just stating fact. I have no problem with people making copies of events that have never been released on dvd or are long out of print. I think it's much better that people get to enjoy wrestling events rather than those events getting forgotton. If WWE wanted to, they could cash in on all their PPV's. In time, they may, but until then, I don't think anyone is being a "bad guy" by making copies of unavailable footage.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.