Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Did "One Dark Night" actually get released today?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-15-05, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI,

I see One Dark Night: Special Edition listed at several sites, but no one has it in stock.

I heard Media Blasters was going to postpone the release.

Anyone have any info?
Thanks
Old 11-15-05, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Not looking good...all the sites I usually check for stuff like that either have no info or show it as backordered.
Old 11-15-05, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, I don't know the specifics yet, but it definitely didn't come out. No retailer (that I'm aware of) got these in stock. This will make the 2nd time the date has changed, but that's par for the course with this label. Maybe that'll give them time to fix the typos on the cover artwork?
Old 11-16-05, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I ordered mine from Amazon and it is now listed as a "special order" available within 4-6 weeks. Hmmmm. Oh well, this will give me time to watch all the other discs in my "purchased and need to watch" stack.
Old 11-16-05, 08:53 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
drat.. and I was looking forward to seeing the extras.
Old 11-16-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Crap! I just ordered it last night as part of the DDD 20% sale. Now it will probably sit on backorder for two months before disappearing into the ether, just like my order for The Intruder when the release of that DVD was aborted a few months ago (and DDD didn't even send notice that it was cancelled).

I hate when these last minute release cancellations happen.
Old 11-16-05, 11:48 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Sex Fiend
Crap! I just ordered it last night as part of the DDD 20% sale. Now it will probably sit on backorder for two months before disappearing into the ether, just like my order for The Intruder when the release of that DVD was aborted a few months ago (and DDD didn't even send notice that it was cancelled).

I hate when these last minute release cancellations happen.
Intruder was cancelled - really, interesting, since I was able to rent it from NetFlix.
Old 11-16-05, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
Intruder was cancelled - really, interesting, since I was able to rent it from NetFlix.
And I bought a copy from FullMoonDirect. Good movie.
Old 11-17-05, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now a few sites are reporting December 27th as the release date. Looks like the cover art got a facelift, too, with Meg Tilly's name now on there.

Old 11-17-05, 09:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't wait to give this cheeseball a revisit. Interesting not only for its cast, One Dark Night is notable also because it was directed by the guy went on to direct Jason Lives, it features a girl who (if memory serves) walks around with a toothbrush in her mouth for the whole flick, and was/is rated PG!

I haven't seen this one in (sheesh) 20 years! I distinctly remember this one because it gave my sister nightmares for a week. (Wuss.)
Old 11-17-05, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
And I bought a copy from FullMoonDirect. Good movie.
Very interesting to hear, guys. Deep Discount definitely cancelled my pre-order (without even telling me), and then later showed a December re-release date (with a higher price than I had pre-ordered at). Now searching their site, they don't even show that. So I did a internet wide search (via DVD Price Search) and it does seem as if the previously scheduled release is already available via several online stores (but not DDD). Checking further, some of those store listings do show the disk as "currently unavailable" (or some variation of that), but several seem to still have it in stock.

All in all, very peculiar. I wonder if the original release was intended to be aborted, but still went through at many e-tailers? Or it could be just another case of DDD pulling their stupid/crazy shit with titles that they suddenly don't carry for some quirky reason.
Old 11-18-05, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Sex Fiend
All in all, very peculiar. I wonder if the original release was intended to be aborted, but still went through at many e-tailers? Or it could be just another case of DDD pulling their stupid/crazy shit with titles that they suddenly don't carry for some quirky reason.
It just seems to be a very crappy distribution situation for Full Moon...

DJ
Old 12-27-05, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any word today on finding it in B&M's? Most online places say backordered.
Old 12-27-05, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Amazon now has "usually ships within 2 to 3 weeks". I'll believe this title has been released when I'm holding the disc in my hand.
Old 12-27-05, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Some BB schmuck just told me release date is January 17th. Yesterday they told me it would be today.
Old 01-25-06, 09:23 PM

Well the January 17th release has come and gone and still no indication this is ever going to be released anytime soon. It has been pushed back 3 times already.
All Best Buy stores show 1/17/06 as the release date and all stores in the district I work in have at least 1-2 on order. Must be some type of problem with the discs or legal matter holding them up...
Old 01-26-06, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Amazon now has 1/31 release date.
Old 01-31-06, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, even though the Best Buy website says backordered today, it says that two stores in town have it in stock. Gonna go check right now.
Old 01-31-06, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got a ship notice on this from DDD today, so it must be out there.
Old 01-31-06, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Me, too. And I pre-ordered way back in September - gads, what a long wait. DDD did only charge me $9.xx though, which is what the price was way back then before all of the release date and price changes.

DDD does show a release date of Feb 7 now though, for whatever reason.
Old 01-31-06, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay, just got back from Best Bitch. Nothing on the shelves. Hunted down a blue shirt and he looked it up. Said they had 3 in stock, but the release date said 2/7. He said he couldn't sell it to me, but I could try going to the website and clicking on "reserve for instore pickup" and I might be able to get away with that. What a jip. The fucking website says 1/31 and they have some instore. Guess I'll give it a try.
Old 01-31-06, 01:43 PM

Dullboy, which Best Buy did you try?
Old 01-31-06, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went to the South store off Hwy 71. After getting bact to my office, I tried the reserve online option there, and just got an email notification saying it wasn't available for pickup after all. I called the customer service number and they said that there is one available at the North store off Hwy 183, and they will change my order for pickup there. Something tells me I'm about to get an email telling me the same horseshit, as the website now says "not available" at both locations.
Old 01-31-06, 02:07 PM

That is surprising. I was going to recommend you try the 290 location as they always have stuff out early. I picked up Don't Go In The House, Zatoichi TV Series Volume 1, and Hanzo The Razor there early. Just last Friday, I picked up Zato Volume 2, which isn't supposed to street until today. Guess I will just wait a week for ODN.
Old 01-31-06, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, Steve, looks like I'm gonna have to wait for next Tuesday, also. Just got the other "your fucked" email from Best Lie. I don't mind waiting another week...we've waited this long. It's just the horseshit I gotta eat from these losers who lie to the public.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.