Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Brat Pack Binder set

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Brat Pack Binder set

Old 11-11-05, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brat Pack Binder set

Forgive me this has been talked about but....

I noticed at Wal-Mart that this 3 DVD set comes with a bonus CD with music from the 3 movies.

Now...is this Wal-Mart exclusive? I looked at the one on Deep Discount and there's no mention of the CD.

Anyone know if the set from other then WM comes with the CD?
Old 11-11-05, 10:52 PM

I saw it at target
it should be at all places
Old 11-12-05, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Is this the same as the High School Collection, but with the audio CD and in a binder?
Old 11-12-05, 02:15 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by darkside
Is this the same as the High School Collection, but with the audio CD and in a binder?
Yes. New packaging, and a bonus 8 audio track CD.
Old 11-12-05, 06:56 AM

Cool..thanks everyone for their help.
Old 11-12-05, 02:17 PM
Cool New Member

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO RELEASE THESE MOVIES WITH PROPER FEATURES!!!!?!?!?!??!

I WANT A GOONIES STYLE VIDEO COMMENTARY FOR BREAKFAST CLUB, DARNIT!

p.s. I meant to use caps.
Old 11-12-05, 02:31 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by roomservice
WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO RELEASE THESE MOVIES WITH PROPER FEATURES!!!!?!?!?!??!

I WANT A GOONIES STYLE VIDEO COMMENTARY FOR BREAKFAST CLUB, DARNIT!

p.s. I meant to use caps.
Most newbie do mean to use 'caps'. You will be sure to get a ton of responses with that attitude.
Old 11-12-05, 02:59 PM
Cool New Member

Yeah, I'm angry they've released these movies in three differnt forms, and they're all barebones. They try to get us to keep dipping, and I'm 'yelling' about it because I'm mad. We have been told there would be features for these movies, and this time around all they included is a soundtrack CD. Lame.

Thanks for your little, button pushing, flame bait newbie comment. Nice 'attitude' there, bub.
Old 11-12-05, 03:15 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Raise your hand if you're not here to make friends...
Old 11-12-05, 04:37 PM
Suspended

Yeah, I'm angry they've released these movies in three differnt forms, and they're all barebones. They try to get us to keep dipping, and I'm 'yelling' about it because I'm mad. We have been told there would be features for these movies, and this time around all they included is a soundtrack CD. Lame.

Thanks for your little, button pushing, flame bait newbie comment. Nice 'attitude' there, bub.
We've been told about extras? Ive never heard about that.
Its not like these are 'new editions' they are simply the HS Collection repackaged with a bonus disc thrown in for the same price. We would all love extra features, but some movies will just never have any (or very little). Next time when you try to make a point, don't use all CAPS. Most of us just scroll right on by and ignore it.
Old 11-12-05, 05:59 PM
Cool New Member

Before the High School Reunion Set came out I read they were going to be Special Editions with extras. That's why it was such a disappointment when they came out barebones, and why I held off buying that set for over a year after it was released. They’re spending money and time coming up with a new ways of packaging these movies, when it would be better if they would just try to add some extras instead. I wonder how many people are going to re-buy this set just for the extra CD? Will do on the caps. Sorry I blasted you.
Old 11-12-05, 06:36 PM
Suspended

Before the High School Reunion Set came out I read they were going to be Special Editions with extras. That's why it was such a disappointment when they came out barebones, and why I held off buying that set for over a year after it was released. They’re spending money and time coming up with a new ways of packaging these movies, when it would be better if they would just try to add some extras instead. I wonder how many people are going to re-buy this set just for the extra CD? Will do on the caps. Sorry I blasted you.
These are 'special editions'. Just because they are not loaded with deleted scenes, commentaries and such does not mean nothing extra was done to them. IIRC, they were new transfers. Considering the HS Collection is long gone from shelves, repackaging these and adding a bonus CD in time for Christmas was a smart move. Remember, there may not be many 'special features' to add to 20+ year movies.
Old 11-12-05, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Remember, there may not be many 'special features' to add to 20+ year movies.
I am soo sure that it is next impossible to get Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael Hall together for a day or two to record a couple of Commentaries. Both of these actors have been very vocal in saying the DVDs are not very fan friendly...

And I am pretty sure that if Universal spent some time in their vaults they would find atleast some deleted Scenes and old Promo footage.
Old 11-12-05, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The fact these got new transers and finally had all the original music included was special enough for me considering how cheap they are, but whatever.
Old 11-12-05, 06:48 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by critterdvd
I am soo sure that it is next impossible to get Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael Hall together for a day or two to record a couple of Commentaries. Both of these actors have been very vocal in saying the DVDs are not very fan friendly...

And I am pretty sure that if Universal spent some time in their vaults they would find atleast some deleted Scenes and old Promo footage.
What has Molly Ringwald been upto? I know AMH has the Dead Zone, but her...who knows. And yeah, I'm sure if they digged deep enough they could get some Deleted scenes (as they exisit, Breakfast Club has had extra scenes in the cable version).
Old 11-12-05, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by critterdvd
At least!
Old 11-12-05, 09:29 PM
Cool New Member

This was put this together:
http://home.comcast.net/~aimsters4/bclub.html

Why couldn't Universal work on something in the audio or video realm for a DVD extra?
Old 11-13-05, 02:12 AM
Suspended

This was put this together:
http://home.comcast.net/~aimsters4/bclub.html

Why couldn't Universal work on something in the audio or video realm for a DVD extra?
Interesting read.

Just drop it regarding extras. Not every DVD will have them, and not every studio cares. Were lucky enough to get a DVD with improved sound/picture, i'm fine without extras. As is I barley watch any, and if I do, its only once.