Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Davidlynch.com Eraserhead DVD

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-09-05, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have any info about this specific Eraserhead DVD on Ebay. I contacted the seller who claims this is legit and that it should be up on Davidlynch.com shortly. I also want to note that he has a perfect feedback rating over over 2000. I contacted Dugpa.com and they have no info on this. I have ordered the DVD and it was shrinkwrapped with a security seal across the top and an insert for the official Eraserhead DVD from Davidlynch.com as well as the Short Films DVD and Dumbland. It also has a 2005 ABSURDA copyright. The disc itself has the same artwork as the one from the boxset. Any info would be appreciated.

Ebay link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ERASERHEAD-DVD-D...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-09-05, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I read an article about this, from where I can't recall, but apparently Mr. Lynch produced this under his own banner to maintain quality control. From what I've read, the disc is well produced, if a little pricey. And it's a great film, so you can't go wrong in any event. Also, if you can track down a copy of Video Watchdog magazine, Issue #98, there's a detailed review in there. Hope that helps!
Old 11-09-05, 08:36 PM

I don't think that helps him much mike, he is trying to understand if this amaray type case release of Eraserhead is legit and I personally can't help him either if dugpa doesn't even know. I paid $30 for a used davidlynch.com Eraserhead in the big box so all I can say really is the box has a presence about it that is pretty cool though. He seems to have the boxes of SF of Lynch and Eraserhead for $75 together so its bizarre he has these amaray case ones out there too.
Old 11-09-05, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
It might be the retail version we've been hearing about. The one that was supposed to hit stores awhile back.

I know there's a Thread about it somewhere here.
Old 11-09-05, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the thread in question...

Eraserhead now available at your local store. Lynch news.

and i have no help for you...sorry
Old 11-09-05, 11:30 PM
Cool New Member

Maybe just email Davidlynch.com and ask them if they know anything about the release of the retail version?
Old 11-10-05, 01:22 PM

Anyone get any more info on this??
I'm definately interested in this if it's the same as the one on davidlynch.com
Old 11-10-05, 01:33 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

NETFLIX had it when it became officially available in July of this year, ;-) in keeping with the new "popular priced" editions release; Dont know why they left the ugly "2000 dvd" in the cover art.

Im sure eBay would close him down in a day-if this werent legit...
----

Ill bet that once the last of the obsessed fans bought the $80 version, the $45 "consumer" version sat collecting dust...which is likely why its now down to $20.

Last edited by Seashellz; 11-10-05 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-10-05, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Seashellz
Im sure eBay would close him down in a day-if this werent legit...
If eBay were that good at closing down illegitimate auctions, they would barely have any active auctions left.

DJ
Old 11-10-05, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My copy of the original Eraserhead release, ordered off Lynch's website, did not come in an amray case - it came in a huge box.
Old 11-10-05, 03:03 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

>>If eBay were that good at closing down illegitimate auctions, they would barely have any active auctions left.
----
ordinarily, I would agree with you.
But as we speak, there are probably dozens of folks pestering DL.com to see if this is legit-and if its not-the site would be gone faster than you can say...
Old 11-10-05, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by djtoell
If eBay were that good at closing down illegitimate auctions, they would barely have any active auctions left.
tru dat.
Old 11-10-05, 04:15 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._BIN_Stores_IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._BIN_Stores_IT

Same seller. Could easily go either way, since he has one of the original sets up for sale as well (thus giving him the source material for potential bootlegs).

-JP
Old 11-10-05, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by djtoell

DJ

I've bought off eBay (and sold) successfully many times (and never been burned), so exactly where are you getting your information? It's up to the buyer to detemine the legitimacy of of an auction item, not eBay. Only the dumb and gullible need not bid.
Old 11-11-05, 02:45 PM

This ebay user has an excellent reputation. They've received almost $3000 positive comments with 1 negative comment by a user who's no longer registered. Other than that they have 16 neutrals-which don't count as positive or negative. They've only recieved 1 neutral in the past year. If anyone wants to see those comments goto: http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...rn=Received+by
Old 11-11-05, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 252 Likes on 179 Posts
Originally Posted by counpk39
Other than that they have 16 neutrals-which don't count as positive or negative. They've only recieved 1 neutral in the past year.
FYI, negative ratings convert to neutral after a year. So it is possible that this seller may have had up to 15 negatives in the past.
Old 11-11-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Z
FYI, negative ratings convert to neutral after a year. So it is possible that this seller may have had up to 15 negatives in the past.

Josh,

This seems uncalled for. Having a bad day? This dude has over 2,000 positive comments and so few hiccups they are statistically unmeaningful. Also keep in mind that negative comments reflect on the buyer as well i.e. does he/she even have her facts straight.

You know any publicly traded companies doing this good please let me know as I'll buy their stock in a heart beat.

Last edited by ctyankee; 11-11-05 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-11-05, 08:07 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Josh Z
FYI, negative ratings convert to neutral after a year.
No they don't.
Old 11-11-05, 08:28 PM

Ustimias, You're correct.

Negatives are permanent marks on a person's feedback. Users on ebay may come and go, but their ratings stay the same. The only way for a negative to become neutral is if a buyer and seller mutually agree to remove feedback. When mutually removed, the feedback comments still remain and a record of the withdrawl becomes permanent. Toolhaus' negative/neutral fb tool is very powerful because users can finally filter out all of the good and target on the bad. I'd like to buy from the seller, but I have to wait until the DDD sale is finished. If anyone here makes a purchase, please let us know how it goes (and please give them feedback).
Old 11-11-05, 09:15 PM

The folks above me are right...negative feedback certainly doesn't convert to neutral after a year. Regardless, you can read the comments people left, and his responses to them. They're definitely all very "neutral." Hell, one or two of them are actually positive enough to make me think that the buyer just clicked the wrong feedback option.

-JP
Old 11-11-05, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
How I wish that was true. I had four assholes leave me negative feedback in retaliation back in the day before eBay was "popular"..
Old 11-12-05, 02:04 AM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Neg feedback (or positive for that matter) used to go to neutral when a member was no longer registered, but now it IS permanent. Back in the day, you didn't even need to have a transaction. You could leave random feedback on anyone. Check out the feedback this guy left for other people.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...erid=andy46477
Old 11-12-05, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 252 Likes on 179 Posts
Maybe I'm misremembering. I haven't done much activity on eBay in a long time. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 11-12-05, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588
How I wish that was true. I had four assholes leave me negative feedback in retaliation back in the day before eBay was "popular"..
Uh.... retaliation for what? When I hear that word, I usually assume that it was deserved.
Old 11-12-05, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Roy Batty
I've bought off eBay (and sold) successfully many times (and never been burned),
So have I.

so exactly where are you getting your information?
This is where I'm getting it from (follow the arrow) ------------------> it's called a joke.

This must be one of the oddest responses I've ever seen to a joke. "Where exactly are you getting your information from, mister?!"

DJ

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.