Reload this Page >

Legend DVD (T.Cruise)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Legend DVD (T.Cruise)

Old 11-10-05, 05:42 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Legend DVD (T.Cruise)

I'm new to the forum and this was probably discussed, I got a copy of Legend on DVD and wad dissapointed that it was not the original music like on the old VHS copy. What's up with this? Do they have another version out on DVD with the original music? In my opinion thats what made the movie, not to mention the soundtrack on compact disc is hard to come buy O.O.P. unless you pay up to $50.00 bucks on ebay.
Old 11-10-05, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You want

It contains both the US and UK cuts of the film with diffrent scores on each. it is a 2 disc set and can be had for around 10-15bucks at Amazon or DDD

i am assuming you have the 1 discer

Old 11-10-05, 06:24 PM
Cool New Member

Right now on Amazon.com the Ultimate Edition is priced at $11.24, while the Single Disc Edition is priced at $13.48! Why would anyone pay more money for the release of this movie that has less on it? Or am I missing something? I too prefer the Tangerine Dream score and am happy with my copy of the Ultimate Edition I bought the day it was released.
Old 11-10-05, 06:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roomservice
Right now on Amazon.com the Ultimate Edition is priced at $11.24, while the Single Disc Edition is priced at $13.48! Why would anyone pay more money for the release of this movie that has less on it? Or am I missing something? I too prefer the Tangerine Dream score and am happy with my copy of the Ultimate Edition I bought the day it was released.
You're not missing a thing, but the 1 disc version is. It's simply the first disc of the two disc set. I saw both at Besy Buy on Tuesday and they wanted 11.99 for each. Makes no sense.

They only drawback to the 2 disc set is the case. Real odd and easy to damage. Wish it has the 1 disc cover with a regular 2 disc amaray.
Old 11-10-05, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I assume the Ultimate Edition is being phased out, so get it while you can at that price.
Old 11-10-05, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This was priced at $9.99 at FYE and strawberries,etc. a while back. They might still have these lying around, it might be worth a look. I thought this was OOP but if it isn't yet, I'm sure it will be soon, get it while you can.
Old 11-11-05, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 225 Likes on 154 Posts
The only thing disappointing about the UE is that the Tangerine Dream score is not 5.1 DD
Old 11-11-05, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by cardaway
You're not missing a thing, but the 1 disc version is. It's simply the first disc of the two disc set. I saw both at Besy Buy on Tuesday and they wanted 11.99 for each. Makes no sense.

They only drawback to the 2 disc set is the case. Real odd and easy to damage. Wish it has the 1 disc cover with a regular 2 disc amaray.
I know what you mean my case has already cracked half way up one of the folds.
Old 11-11-05, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
I assume the Ultimate Edition is being phased out, so get it while you can at that price.
I'm pretty sure I remember reading a few months ago that the UE was OOP. So, buy it while it's on store shelves now.
Old 11-11-05, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my copy recently at CompUSA. Best Buy is the only other store that I've seen that still carries the 2-disc.
Old 11-11-05, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Columbia House also still has this, so a really cheap way to get it would be to start a new account with them and get it as an enrollment, and I strongly recommend it. CH rules. Check out the DVD Clubs forum if you're not familiar with it.
Old 11-11-05, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts
"Something....troubles me"