Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride --> January 31st, 2006!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride --> January 31st, 2006!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-06, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wennma01
they'll probably be sold at store that sold the regular figures like hot topic, sam goody, suncoast, etc. it also probably won't hit shelves for another couple weeks at all and the b&m stores probably wont have too many. if you really want it, your best bet would be to find it online

I asked those stores but as of present they do not have those yet
Old 02-06-06, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by liptontom
this is great! There are a lot of tim burton fans here! you guys see the dvd website? www.corpsebridedvd.com
you can download a desktop maggot!
tom
The website's looking good. I wish the maggot was up so I could find out exactly what it's purpose is, but the other content is good stuff. I like the podcast from Danny Elfman very much.
Damn... I want a lenticular cover for Corpse Bride. Too late, though. I already bought a copy of the regular cover. Oh, well.
Old 02-06-06, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My fiance and I just got back from Wal-mart. They still had one or two of their exclusive's left. I scanned the regular one and it rang up as $14.67, so I was expecting the exclusive to be $19.99, but it rang up at $14.67 also. Definitely bought it.
Old 02-09-06, 04:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why is this exlusive "Corpse Bride" Wal-Mart package so completely IMPOSSIBLE to find now?? I know, I snoozed, I lose, but I've hit 3 separate Wal-Marts in past 2 days, and NOTHING. Sheesh, did they really have to send them back (no doubt to bolster the sales of the regualr editions, now $19.94), or am I to believe they all really sold out that quickly??

Right now, I'm ifffy on the "Wallace & Gromit" 2-pack because no Wal-Mart sells it for under 19.64 here in St. Louis. I suppose that too will vanish next week?
Old 02-09-06, 04:40 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 985 Likes on 822 Posts
Originally Posted by JiM T
Why is this exlusive "Corpse Bride" Wal-Mart package so completely IMPOSSIBLE to find now?? I know, I snoozed, I lose, but I've hit 3 separate Wal-Marts in past 2 days, and NOTHING. Sheesh, did they really have to send them back (no doubt to bolster the sales of the regualr editions, now $19.94), or am I to believe they all really sold out that quickly??

Right now, I'm ifffy on the "Wallace & Gromit" 2-pack because no Wal-Mart sells it for under 19.64 here in St. Louis. I suppose that too will vanish next week?
if you want it that bad, order it online.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4629077
Old 02-10-06, 08:34 PM

Corpse Bride R1 (Walmart Exclusive)

Lenticular Effects

Front Photo

Back Photo with Book Cover
Old 02-10-06, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
if you want it that bad, order it online.
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/...=64951.4629077
Does the on-line version have the special Lenticular cover?
Old 02-10-06, 10:15 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 985 Likes on 822 Posts
Originally Posted by Peep
, but i assume so.
Old 02-10-06, 11:35 PM

I couldn't believe it. Went to my Walmart today for the Wallace and Gromit 2 Pack, and saw about 6 or so copies with the lenticular cover still left!
Old 02-11-06, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by MrStayPuft
I couldn't believe it. Went to my Walmart today for the Wallace and Gromit 2 Pack, and saw about 6 or so copies with the lenticular cover still left!
Were all of them widescreen? there is some sort of shortage in availability of this screen format release
Old 02-11-06, 12:29 AM

Wel, it looks doubtful.. since the walmart.com site did not mention anything about a lenticular cover. Only the book
Old 02-11-06, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 262 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by xage
Wel, it looks doubtful.. since the walmart.com site did not mention anything about a lenticular cover. Only the book
If it comes with the book then i would think it should come with the lenticular cover also.
Old 02-11-06, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Yes. If you order from Wal-Mart.com...you will get the lenticular cover. I ordered it last week and it showed up a few days later. Book, cover and all.
Old 02-11-06, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Yes. If you order from Wal-Mart.com...you will get the lenticular cover. I ordered it last week and it showed up a few days later. Book, cover and all.
That's great news! What's the book like? How many pages? Mostly illustrations?
Old 02-11-06, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,312 Likes on 956 Posts
That's great news! What's the book like? How many pages? Mostly illustrations?
Softcover, 96 pages, about the size of a DVD case. It's FULL of pics, some storyboards and all the song lyrics. Since it's the "Illustrated Story" it also tells the movie in story form.
Old 02-11-06, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Softcover, 96 pages, about the size of a DVD case. It's FULL of pics, some storyboards and all the song lyrics. Since it's the "Illustrated Story" it also tells the movie in story form.
I'm in for one! I can't remember the last time I bought a WB release off of the lot! The exclusives were definately worth giving up the employee discount.
Old 02-16-06, 12:56 AM

Contrary to rumors that the Mcfarlane toys are not packed with toy, Well here it is! unfortunately its not R1 but R3 Philippine Exclusive "On Pack" Corpse Bride

1st hand view of the said set of Corpse Bride "on pack" with the McFarlane Toys!

The bad news is as I heard from my source there, the said release was limited to 5 per store (and this is only at Astrovision, Philippines DVD/Video store). that means, quantities are extremely limited there.
Old 02-18-06, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm in for one! I can't remember the last time I bought a WB release off of the lot! The exclusives were definately worth giving up the employee discount.
Mine arrived yesterday but the 3D box was all crushed. Back it goes. I shouldn't be surprised. The "Polar Express" gift set I ordered from them also arrived crushed - but the disc, train and snow globe were OK, so I kept them. I guess it wasn't meant to be.
Old 02-22-06, 08:01 PM

I bought the standard edition and I'm satisfied with my purchase. I loved the special features on the disc. They make an already impressive movie that much more impressive to see all that went into it's creation. I like the behind the scenes look at the official site as well. www.corpsebridedvd.com I wish I won the poetry contest though oh well I will probably pick up the mcfarlane figures when I get a chance.
Old 02-22-06, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by xage
Contrary to rumors that the Mcfarlane toys are not packed with toy, Well here it is! unfortunately its not R1 but R3 Philippine Exclusive "On Pack" Corpse Bride

1st hand view of the said set of Corpse Bride "on pack" with the McFarlane Toys!
Golden Apple COmics on Melrose in Hollywood has the two-pack (without DVD) for $30. I was there tonight and they had 6 left. If I didn't already have the individual figures, I might have picked it up. The repaints aren't worth rebuying them (to me), but the cardboard display case that they came in is cool.
Old 02-23-06, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Golden Apple COmics on Melrose in Hollywood has the two-pack (without DVD) for $30. I was there tonight and they had 6 left. If I didn't already have the individual figures, I might have picked it up. The repaints aren't worth rebuying them (to me), but the cardboard display case that they came in is cool.
Frank & Sons has it for $20. After seeing it and noticing they didn't have the same accessories as the individual figs, I passed on it. Now must find the individual figs.....
Old 02-23-06, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by matrixrok9
Frank & Sons has it for $20. After seeing it and noticing they didn't have the same accessories as the individual figs, I passed on it. Now must find the individual figs.....
Tower Records got lot of the individual figs
Old 02-27-06, 05:11 PM

wow! I wish I got a figure with my dvd. I got the book that walmart was giving out. def a cool thing to get. movie was great. can't wait til the next burton flick.

tom
Old 03-01-06, 06:11 AM

Damn, Xage. I'm hella jealous of your Phillipines Only package. LoL.
And that Lenticular Cover is cool. I didn't realize that the image changed like that. I just figured it was shiny. LoL.
I'm still loving this movie. I didn't win the puppet from the corpsebridedvd.com site, but i'm not holding it against them. LoL. My poem just sucked.
How many of you think that Corpse Bride will win the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature Film? I do.
Old 03-04-06, 03:14 PM
Cool New Member

Aww that walmart exclusive one looks the BEST! Im glad all the special features are the same, thanks alot for posting those pictures its cool too see all the different versions.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.