Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Madagascar Bonus Disc at Walmart

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-05, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIG PROBLEM

The penguin short on the wallmart bonus disc is fullscreen. It is widescreen on the regular DVD. I have both and checked them out.

The Wallmart bonus disc does have some extra cd rom material and songs. Butt if you want the feature in widescreen get the regular DVD.

Also they were priced the same, $14.xx for single DVD or package with bonus.
Old 11-15-05, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice to see it's priced the same, but I'm not buying it if the penguin short is fullscreen. Thanks for the info!
Old 11-15-05, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The bonus disc does indeed list it as "Fullscreen" - even though the film DVD attached is the widescreen version.

So it's a toss up I guess. Either get the regular edition with the Christmas Caper in widescreen, or get the bonus DVD with all the extra stuff, but has the Christmas caper in fullscreen.
Old 11-15-05, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts
I picked up the widescreen at Target this morning and it also contain the penguins short and happy to report that it in widescreen too. Yippee!!!
Old 11-15-05, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm getting it from DDD, so I have to wait for it to ship.
Old 11-17-05, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
This is semi-off-topic but I didn't want to start a new thread for this question...has anybody else experienced any issues with their copy of Madagascar? Reason being is I picked it up today and popped it in and it refused to load. I tried several other dvds and they were fine. Eventually I brought it to Wal-Mart and exchanged it for another copy which worked fine. I was just wondering if I'd just caught a defective copy or if this is a problem that's happening to others.
Old 11-18-05, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
This is semi-off-topic but I didn't want to start a new thread for this question...has anybody else experienced any issues with their copy of Madagascar? Reason being is I picked it up today and popped it in and it refused to load. I tried several other dvds and they were fine. Eventually I brought it to Wal-Mart and exchanged it for another copy which worked fine. I was just wondering if I'd just caught a defective copy or if this is a problem that's happening to others.
??
You sort of answered your own question here. You had one that didn't work, and then got a replacemennt that did, so clearly your first disc was defective. If there were widespread defects, there would be a huge thread with tons of complaints here.

I'm sure that in the amounts that something like this is made in there are bound to be a certain percentage that are defective. It's the nature of the beast.
Old 11-25-05, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
I got mine at Wal-Mart and had the same problem. The thing is, it seems to run OK on my PC's DVD drive and on my portable DVD player, so I wasn't sure if returning it would solve anything since a similar thing happened to me with season five of "The Sopranos". After returning and replacing that one a few times (thank goodness for Costco's liberal return policy) only to have it hang up in the same spot each time on just the one DVD player, I finally decided I can live without season five until I get a better DVD player for the TV. I've heard that most of the newer players are more forgiving of minor faults. Here's hoping.