Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Revenge of the Sith:Lithograph vs. Extra Disc

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases
View Poll Results: Lithograph vs. extra disc:which are you going for?
Extra Disc: what's five bucks if it's my favorite droids?
48.50%
Lithograph:screw Wal-Mart and the droids
31.00%
I will not approach either of these deals, I have other means
20.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Revenge of the Sith:Lithograph vs. Extra Disc

Old 11-01-05, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bboisvert
2 out of 3 -- looks like my kinda disc!
Do we want to know which two? LOL
Old 11-01-05, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by lcnickell
are you kidding, is this lithographtalk?

of course i'd go for the extra disc..

well that's if i was buying the dvd, which i'm not
Still lmao from that, but from what i heard ... the disc wasnt worth it so we might as well change it to lithogram talk or cointalkers. I got mine from best buy 8:00 pm and lithograms long gone. Happy with just the SWEP3 dvds. Why not get the SWEP3 dvd?
Old 11-01-05, 08:39 PM

Wow

I hate you all for the advice, Please keep your 5 dollars, the disc is the dumbest thing I have ever watched, it competes with the movies the House of the dead and Alone in the Dark for ultimate worthless videos. Lucas didn't even care, since you already wasted $7-$35 in the theater seeing epIII and 25 years of ur life waiting for the completion, don't give that fat old man the satisfaction of another $5. The disc just sums up eps 1-6 and throws in clips, nothing new, but if droids give u a hard on, then be my guest, they narrate the whole thing. Take the lithograph, use it as a tray and then go to McDonalds and spend the $5 on a filet o fish extra value meal, you'll be able to keep that in ur stomach and smile.

Any ideas for what the new trilogy box set cover or the complete 6 cover will look like?
Old 11-01-05, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I stopped by Best Buy after work and they had tons of lithographs left. So I got that. I didn't want the bonus disc because I already have 4 discs that tells all about Star Wars from the box set and the individual releases.
Old 11-01-05, 08:43 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Got the Litho. Could carleess about a $5 recap of Star Wars. If it was new material...id consider it. Too bad they didnt bundle it with Clone Wars for $5 more.
Old 11-01-05, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Didn't go for either. The bonus DVD wasn't free and didn't show/tell me anything I didn't already know.

Got mine at Best Buy, and the money I saved I used towards the Darth Vader lightsaber (really cool, too!).
Old 11-01-05, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
I disagree completely. The Litho looks quite cool...and should look very nice matted in black in a frame...
I'm going to agree with the other party - in comparison to the Incredibles litho, I think this one is horrible.

Oh well - didn't want to spend extra $ on the bonus disk, and since I did want the Office Space Gift Set, I got my SW from Best Buy.

Here's hoping a perfect matte/frame can make this thing worthy of display...
Old 11-01-05, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The sticker issue on the bonus DVD is easilly solved with a replacement case. And if you don't like it, sell it as a collector's item later on on Ebay. Didn't some of those Best Buy bonus DVDs go for a good amount on Ebay?
Old 11-02-05, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
So am I the only one that went with the free collector's coin that came with the Target edition?
I was at Target this morning. I also got the coin.

Is LucasFilms plan to have a different collectable at different stores? Then have people go out and buy the disc again and again to get the collectable?

Me? Just once is enough.

Last edited by mike45; 11-02-05 at 12:11 AM.
Old 11-02-05, 12:20 AM
Video Gamer Reviewers

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
The disc is pretty much a Star Wars summation and it seems to be aimed at kids with the two droids hosting it, though I don't think Anthony Daniels is doing the voice, which really makes it hard to accept.
Yep, the bonus DVD has two 30 min shorts with various clips from the trilogies with narration telling their respective stories. Unless you have forgotten how the trilogies unfold and want to quickly watch 3 movies in 30 minutes, it's pretty useless. I imagine my copy will collect a lot of dust...

Last edited by jrobinson; 11-02-05 at 12:23 AM.
Old 11-02-05, 01:41 AM

For those still wondering, the coin seems to be the most collectable/coolest of the 3 choices (disc, lithograph, coin). I think it's pretty nice and it comes in a plastic case, like one of ones to keep it in mint condition. On the front it has Darth Vader and it says Limited Edition on the top and Star Wars Episode III on the bottom. On the back it has Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting with lightsabers and it says Limited Edition on the top again. Packaging-wise, it was attached to the box in this cool little holder under the shrinkwrap. The little cardboard holder says Target Exclusive Limited Edition Collectable Coin and it has this cool picture of Anakin and Obi Wan fighting. All in all, pretty nice, and I like the plastic case they put it in. I was thinking it would just be some junk thing.

Last edited by Novasonic; 11-02-05 at 01:44 AM.
Old 11-02-05, 08:29 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jrobinson
Yep, the bonus DVD has two 30 min shorts with various clips from the trilogies with narration telling their respective stories. Unless you have forgotten how the trilogies unfold and want to quickly watch 3 movies in 30 minutes, it's pretty useless. I imagine my copy will collect a lot of dust...
I agree I thought the bonus disc was kind of lame - full screen (bleh!), no 5.1 sound, annoying C3-PO voice... really shoddy IMO.
Old 11-02-05, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
I agree I thought the bonus disc was kind of lame - full screen (bleh!), no 5.1 sound, annoying C3-PO voice... really shoddy IMO.
lol. it was just pure crap.

I started watching it last night. Got through 5 minutes before turning it off. Like mentioned above, all it is is each trilogy summed up in 30 minutes. Quite boring.
Old 11-02-05, 08:48 AM

Yeah, I opted for the Target coin and sold it on eBay last night for $10, thus bringing my ROTS DVD cost down to about $7 + tax (after shipping and eBay and PayPal fees). I'm a sucker for trying to reduce the cost of my DVD purchases.

Here's what it looks like:

Last edited by freudian-slip; 11-02-05 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-02-05, 08:57 AM
Banned

The bonus disc is worth seeing once if only to laugh on how they go back and forth between the original trilogy versions.

Just some of the things I noticed...

Colorless Luke saber on Falcon
Green Luke saber briefly on Falcon
Tie fighters surrounded by black boxes
New Alderan explosion
Luke screams after he jumps
New Sarlak with beak
Unmasked Anakin with eyebrows
Old Anakin ghost
Old 11-02-05, 09:00 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by cardaway
Old Anakin ghost
yeah that threw me for a loop.
Old 11-02-05, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Novasonic
For those still wondering, the coin seems to be the most collectable/coolest of the 3 choices (disc, lithograph, coin). I think it's pretty nice and it comes in a plastic case, like one of ones to keep it in mint condition.
I got the coin, but didn't notice until I got home that the disc was Fool Screen. Oh well. Trip back to Target tonight!

Using GCs purchased through Dealpass, the net cost was 20% less than I would have gotten with BB/Walmart, and a $5 crapfest "bonus" I do not need.

No big deal as I need to go back anyway (forgot dishwasher detergent). But they better not be sold out of the WS when I go back.

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 11-02-05 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-02-05, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts
I was planning on getting the bonus disc, but I think I'll go for the coin instead. The bonus disc sounds like it was produced by Wal-Mart.
Old 11-02-05, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
is the coin affixed to the package or seperate? I need to pick up a b-day gift and Ep. 3 is perfect, but I'd love to keep the coin myself.
Old 11-02-05, 11:08 AM

The coin is in a clear plastic case and the case rests in the cardboard wrap-around. The DVD fits inside the wrap-around. And the DVD and wrap-around are shrunk wrapped together. Now, if you remove the shrinkwrap, the DVD still has the protection seal, but there is no additional shrinkwrap on the movie. So, the movie might look suspect. But, hey, it's a gift!

I hope that makes some sense.

Last edited by freudian-slip; 11-02-05 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-02-05, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,242 Likes on 853 Posts
Going with none of the above . . . the litho is flat out hideous; I have a serious issue with the Walmart "bonuses" (sorry man, they aren't bonuses if I am paying extra for them!); the coin was cool, but I opted to use some trade in credit at Hollywood instead.
Old 11-02-05, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I got the Walmart bonus disc, but it was for free with Episode III, so I don't mind pay nothing for an extra disc.
Old 11-02-05, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As dumb-ass as the Wal-Mart disc is... one thing that's kind of cool is that the clips shown have the music removed (or sometimes muted, or other times with quieter, alternate cues piped in). It really allows you to hear the dialog clearer and/or hear sound effects that got buried in the sound mix for the final film.

Not that this will cause anyone to cherish this disc or anything... But it is worthy of a mention for SW "completists" that this does provide a slightly different audio experience.
Old 11-02-05, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts
Never made it to Target, but my Wal-Mart wanted $17.98 for the DVD and $19.98 for the "bonus" set. Made the decision a little easier.
Old 11-02-05, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Compare $14.96 @ Wally World for nothing extra, $14.99 for a litho at BB, $14.99 and nothing @ Circuit City, $19.96 for the extra, vomit-inducing bonus disc again from Wally, or $15.99 and a rockin' coin at Target?

Opted for the coin ... Glad I did Without a doubt worth the extra buck. The coin is set up with that nice casing as well. Gives it that "collector" feel.

Target has been on fire w/ DVD releases as of late.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.