Pink Floyd PULSE - July 10/11

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Pink Floyd PULSE - July 10/11

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-06, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know the official release dates for the David Gilmour albums (his first two remastered and reissued)?

Amazon used to say July 11 but now it's Jan 2010, buy.com says July 11
Old 07-04-06, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
PULSE LAUNCH IN LONDON:Last night, London's Vue Cinema in Leicester Square was the host to the official launch of Pink Floyd's PULSE DVD. In attendance was the band, along with friends and families, for a very enjoyable occasion. The first part of the evening consisted of a special edit of Pulse, followed by a relaxed Q&A session with the audience. We were there, and will be bringing you our special report later today. We've got a load of exclusive pictures from the event, and plenty of information on what happening on a hot night in the capital. Be sure to check back later!
-- Posted 4 July 2006 © Brain Damage --

Old 07-05-06, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,368 Likes on 4,358 Posts
Originally Posted by RichDB10
It damn well better be....Axelmusic shipped mine last week and i'm expecting it tomorrow or day after
Please post here when you get it. I'm a little worried about the video quality, but if it's good, I'll be excited to hear that news.
Old 07-05-06, 09:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
You can see High Hopes on Amazon.com.
Old 07-05-06, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You can read a good little Q&A/review of the other night HERE It also contains some info on what you will see on the release.Some changes were made from the version many have seen, but in a good way I guess.
Also has some pictures taken of the group and other PULSE related items.

Other info on future releases ( Wall shows at Earls Court ) and other good Q&A
Old 07-05-06, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by VHS?
Some changes were made from the version many have seen, but in a good way I guess.
If it is video only and doesn't cut out the song or fade it to background so I "get" to hear extra footage in what should be a concert, I'm ok with that. I hate the trend lately of concerts being broken up by interviews and backstage footage.
Old 07-05-06, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

ala Godsmack CHANGES
I really like the 'concert' footage on it, but the way they break it up sucks and almost makes the DVD suck.I do not like that either.
The changes I was speaking of was, as quoted:
"Shine On You Crazy Diamond appeared markedly different from the version we’re used to seeing, with the long instrumental introduction augmented by previously unseen backstage clips of the band."

I dont know if thats bad or good, we'll have to see.But knowing Gilmour, I dont believe he would make a mistake to add or edit anything stupid.I have the feeling HE is the one that made this release take so long.Pink Floyd ( Gilmour ) have always been a picky band to start with.Everything is perfection from in the studio to live shows.

I personally wanted Delicate Sound of Thunder first.I still have my VHS copy of that and IMO believe it to be better.But I will take this since I got to see this tour and since my ex wife stole my VHS copy...concert shirts...ticket stubs...program.... BITCH!!!
Old 07-05-06, 07:44 PM

So it sounds like we may never see The Wall concert, oh well.
Old 07-06-06, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

PINK FLOYD ANNOUNCE THE RELEASE OF PULSE

2 DVD Set Documenting
The 1994 Division Bell Tour
Features First Ever
Filmed Performance Of
The Dark Side Of The Moon

In Stores Tuesday, July 11

Use the coupon code "PULSE" at checkout and get 10% off any Pink Floyd
or David Gilmour title, including the Pink Floyd DVD "Pulse."

http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/...floyd-20060705

Pink Floyd will release the group's much-anticipated two DVD set, PULSE, on Columbia Records on Tuesday, July 11. This landmark release features the first ever film of Pink Floyd playing the band's seminal album, The Dark Side of the Moon, live in concert. The PULSE DVD set documents the 1994 Division Bell tour and was filmed at London's Earls Court during a record-breaking 14-night residency. The two-disc release contains the full concert performance with rare backstage footage and previously unseen extras making the collection a must-have for Pink Floyd fans.

Disc 2 of the PULSE DVD set features a live filmed performance of Pink Floyd -- David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Rick Wright -- performing the group's towering masterpiece, The Dark Side of the Moon, in its glorious entirety during the second half of the Division Bell concert. Included on disc 1 are "Shine on You Crazy Diamond," "Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)," "High Hopes" and "Learning to Fly" as well as never-before-seen rarities such as Bootlegging the Bootleggers and exclusive behind-the-scenes footage of life on the road with one of the world's biggest and most influential rock bands.

Long time Pink Floyd collaborator Storm Thorgerson has designed the stunning graphics for the PULSE DVD, ensuring that the set looks as good as it sounds. Mixed in mind-expanding 5.1 surround sound and digitally re-mastered by James Guthrie, the PULSE DVD includes some of original screen films used for the 1970s concert performances of The Dark Side of the Moon (which were never filmed) as well as the visual components for the piece which were remade for the 1994 tour.

The PULSE DVD captures vividly the essence of Pink Floyd, both as a live band and as a visual tour de force, qualities that served them, and their fans, well during the group's show-stopping reunion performance at last year's Live 8

PULSE DVD TRACKLISTING

DISC 1

Concert Part 1:
Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Learning To Fly
High Hopes
Take It Back
Coming Back To Life
Sorrow
Keep Talking
Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2)
One of These Days

Screen Films:
Shine On You Crazy Diamond
High Hopes
Learning to Fly

Bootlegging the Bootleggers:
What Do You Want From Me
On The Turning Way
Poles Apart
Marooned

Videos:
Learning To Fly
Take It Back

Tour Stuff:
Maps, Itinerary, Stage Plans

Pulse TV Advert

DISC 2

Concert Part 2:
Speak To Me
Breathe In the Air
On The Run
Time
The Great Gig In The Sky
Money
Us And Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse
Wish You Were Here
Comfortably Numb
Run Like Hell

Screen Films:
Speak To Me (graphic)
On The Run
Time 1994
The Great Gig in the Sky (wave)
Money 1987
Us And Them 1987
Brain Damage
Eclipse

Alternate Screen Versions:
Speak To Me 1987
Time (Ian Eames)
The Great Gig In The Sky (animation)
Money (Alien)
Us And Them 1994

Behind the Scenes Footage:
Say Goodbye To Life As We Know It

Photo Gallery

The Rock and Rock Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony (U.S. 1996)
Wish You Were Here with Billy Corgan
Cover Art
Old 07-06-06, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Disc 2 will never come out of my changer.
Old 07-06-06, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not expecting it, but does anyone know if Best Buy or CC will beat DDD's $14.94?

edit-Nevermind. Completely forgot that this info would already be posted in the Bargian forum. BB is only five cents more, so I'll just pick it up in-store then.

Cannot. Wait.

Last edited by canaryfarmer; 07-06-06 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-06-06, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
I'm not expecting it, but does anyone know if Best Buy or CC will beat DDD's $14.94?
Best Buy: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=470655
Originally Posted by speedy1961
Pink Floyd: PULSE (2 DVDs) >>>> $14.99 ****

****Best Buy Exclusive: Pink Floyd Lithograph // Minimum 10 per store // No rainchecks // 1 Lithograph per customer

I gotta tell you folks: Depending of the size of the lithograph, this might be actually very cool
Circuit City: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=470505
Originally Posted by speedy1961
Pink Floyd: Pulse >>>> $15.99 ####
Pink Floyd: Pulse DVD >>>> $15.99 ####

####Buy both on same receipt for $28 and get a DVD copy of Pink Floyd: The Wall for free!
Not cheaper, but close at BB and the lithograph? Sold. Circuit City would be a great deal if you want all of those items, but odds are you've already got 2/3 of them
Old 07-06-06, 12:36 PM

Haha, I read this thread and was thinking CC was giving away The Wall CD instead of the movie. I got all excited and then realised it was the Movie The Wall.

I guess I will be hoping for a litho at BB.
Old 07-06-06, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you miss out at the store ( Best Buy ) you can still get the lithograph from online purchase.Also get free ground shipping.CLICK HERE
Price says $19.99 but will probably change.Even if it doesnt, still a good price for 2 DVD set free shipping and a litho.Although not sure what image is the litho you get if those are even an image of the actual litho.Wonder if they have both of those?

Last edited by VHS?; 07-06-06 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-06-06, 02:01 PM

Why couldn't they have also included the 'Over The Wall' special that aired on MTV a long time ago!? That special included most of the old school animated videos they showed behind the band at the shows (like 'Welcome To The Machine').
Old 07-06-06, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If you miss out at the store ( Best Buy ) you can still get the lithograph from online purchase.Also get free ground shipping.CLICK HERE
Price says $19.99 but will probably change.Even if it doesnt, still a good price for 2 DVD set free shipping and a litho.Although not sure what image is the litho you get if those are even an image of the actual litho.Wonder if they have both of those?
The left image is the litho. The right is the DVD cover.
Old 07-06-06, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,310 Likes on 954 Posts

I'll try the store first but, if unsuccessful in getting the litho, I'll definately try online. Thanks for posting this.
Old 07-06-06, 10:45 PM

A Litho? That's a crappy bonus.
Old 07-07-06, 04:11 AM
JM1

I got it last week here in the UK, an early copy of the US release. Not had a chance to give it a good workout until last night as one of my surround speakers was being problematic.

Excellent, visuals are occasionally a little grainy in dark sequences, but it was filmed in 4:3 for a standard TV broodcast so it's as good as it is ever going to look.

Sound is very, very good, on the main 5.1 option - great bass and good use of surrounds for the effects.

I could not get the 640 bps (?) sound option to work on my system though, but it does state in the booklet that it may not be compatible with some older models. My Yamaha DSP sound system is about 4 years old and my Hitachi player about 6. Not that bothered, very happy with the main sound option anyway.

Very good extras, lots of promo films that were used at the gig, some videos, artwork etc, but a lack of any real info about how the concert was staged, no backstage stuff or interviews (save for a slightly joky one by one of the backstage crew). I would really like to have seen some footage on how the whole thing was put together, because even after 12 years this is still one of the most technically accomplished live shows have ever seen, and it still impresses now.
Old 07-07-06, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

ummm...wow. This is even better that I had imagined it would be. Well worth the wait!!
Old 07-07-06, 09:17 AM
JM1

Indianajdp...is your signature anything to do with the mighty Spocks Beard perchance?
Old 07-09-06, 07:19 PM

I've seen some of it and heard the 640kb audio track and i can definitely say as soon as you can get it GET IT!
Old 07-10-06, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 196 Likes on 161 Posts
I can't believe I didn't know about this until I saw it in the recent BB add.
Old 07-10-06, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, are there any web reviews out anywhere? I'm buying it regardless, but I was hoping for a nice in-depth rundown before tomorrow.
Old 07-10-06, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Might be a bit biased, but here's a glowing review: http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/news/0607071.html

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.